Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 10-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
AKaTom

Default One M44,,,Seven types of ammo

Ok I admit i'm not the best shooter lol, but the conditions were rough. Upper 50's and light rain. I had seven types of 7.62X54R with me so I gave them all a go at 50 yards. I was using an old couch pillow for a rifle rest. If you take me out of the equation it looks like this rifle will digest about any type ammo with decent results.

AKaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

They all look to shoot about the same with some just a little tighter than others but all look good to me !!!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Ya did good!

That's about what I get with my unissued Polish M-44's, if I stick to Russian, Yugoslavian or East German Ammo.

Those three seeem to do best.

I hate having to shoot with the bayonet extended though, The polish M-44's have the front sight staked REALLY hard, as in you quit when you're afraid your bending the barrel. They laugh at sight pushers too!

Fold the bayonet or take it off and it's way low and left of POA, open it and all three are right on the money.

M-39 Finns OTOH will give you a group about like that at 100 meters, they sure knew what they were doing when they tuned them up. 'Course M-39's weigh about twice as much too (or at least it sure seems like it at the end of the day in late November while you trudge up that last hill.)

Interesting test, several types I've never tried!

"Bout everything you've got there is minute of Deer or better, that's really all a feller needss.

Thanks for the post!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
AKaTom

I was really surprised at how sensitive the barnaul 203 grain SP was at changes in elevation. As shown in the picture it shot really low at 50 yards. So I raised my sight 2 clicks for 100Yards and it grouped well but high. So I lowered one click on the sight and it was around a foot low at 100 yards. I think i'll stick to the mil. surplus ammo
Old 10-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

What 5Knives said is what I dislike about the M44 as well. I've got a M44 that I took out one time and fired it a few times, and put it away. Usually I take a M38 or 91/30 when I want to shoot a Rusky rifle.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
AKaTom

Pogo i've adjusted the front sight on two Russian M44's both shot to the left with the bayonet folded. After tapping the front sight to the left they both do ok now. I've still got one more to sight in but it pretty much swallows a bullet at the muzzle so I'm not getting in a hurry to try that one.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
AKWARRIOR
Gone

I much prefer the M38's and 91/59's over the M44.The bayo on the 44 makes the rifle ackward and imbalanced as well as inaccurate when folded.Yes yes I know it looks cool but Ill take the 2 other rifles over the 44 any day.

By the way nice groups.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 AM   #8
AKaTom

AKWARRIOR, I like the M38 better too, but I couldn't hit an elephant at 25 yards with the one I got. I love my 91/30's but wanted something accurate with a short barrel.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKaTom
AKWARRIOR, I like the M38 better too, but I couldn't hit an elephant at 25 yards with the one I got. I love my 91/30's but wanted something accurate with a short barrel.
Have you checked to see if your M38 is counter-bored at all?
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
AKaTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWARRIOR
Have you checked to see if your M38 is counter-bored at all?
Oh yes its counter bored.