Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Default My Church Announcement

I know that no one from the Bunker attends, but felt it might still be worth sharing:

Good evening folks.

It is with deep regret that I am announcing the cancellation of services at the Blackshere Charge on Sunday. My first reaction when this all started was to attack the enemy head on and hold services no matter what. I wasn’t about to let Satan back me into a corner, and I most certainly wasn’t about to allow myself to live in fear. My favorite movie line of all times comes from the Mel Gibson movie The Patriot where the preacher decided he would be leaving with the soldiers to fight against the British. Some of the soldiers were surprised to see a preacher join the fighting. To which the preacher responded, “A shepherd must attend to his flock. And at times, fight off the wolves.” Believe me, I was ready to fight.

So what has changed? Have I let the world’s fears get to me? Certainly not.

But as I was driving home tonight, I given a vision that can only be explained as the Holy Spirit. I had stopped by the store on the way home to get some groceries. I put them on the back of my pick up because the weather was beautiful today. I had my lunch box and tools sitting on the seat, So it seemed perfectly fine to put my groceries on back. No sooner than I leave the shopping center, it started to rain and I had to scramble to get my groceries inside where it was dry. Some of the items were in cardboard boxes, and they needed that protection.

I didn’t fear the rain, but my groceries needed protection.

I am not afraid to face a predator, but I also love my people. Sometimes the shepherd must fight off the wolves. But sometimes it is also the shepherds job to weather the storm. To protect those that need protecting by shielding them from the elements of this world, much like my groceries needed shelter from the rain.

I am not running from the wolves, but I am keeping the flock warm and dry from the rain.

We will keep an eye on things and make wise, informed decisions on a week by week basis. Through my connections at the hospital, I receive updates every day that are not influenced by the news media. When the storm is over, we will return from our shelter.

I will be looking at options of doing an online sermon either by video or conference call. I’ve never hosted a meeting in this manner, so I can’t promise to have all the details worked out by Sunday. But I will try.

I’ll share more details when they are available and I appreciate your understanding and prayers.

Thank you and God Bless.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:35 PM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

Roger that, it came out really nice.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
slug

Very well said Sir...

and it gives US a reason to pause

and give thought to our current

situation...

Thank You
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Our Church Pyrmont Trinity Lutheran closed, as did St. Paul's LCMS in Stover, MO, but the Pastor at Christ Lutheran, in Stover is going to have Sunday services for those that want to attend, but that may change. Sts. Peter and Paul Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg, Russia is open, but Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral in Moscow is closed. Just figgered I'd throw those last two in.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

My neighbor was here yesterday, their Synagogue is shutting down for services too, right across from University of Miami.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

Ours closed and the wife is pissed about it. No matter what, the church doors should always be open. Just my opinion.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:59 PM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

My church's doors will be open for anyone needing to see the pastor.

The Sunday service Wii be online.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
A.J.
Dud

Good call, Chaplain. Better to live to fight another day than charge across open ground toward an enemy machinegun nest.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:31 AM   #9
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

I hear what you're saying and I will be in the Church attempting my first livestream. But here's a few things I had to consider.

2 weeks ago, I have an 86 year old lady that was released from the hospital on Saturday. Her and her husband were in Church on Sunday. They were both exhausted and slept through the service, but they were there. Everyone would have understood if they stayed home one Sunday. But they were there.

I have another family with babies. Another with compromised breathing due to severe asthma. Another that is 94.

These were just a few of the things I considered. This was a very painful decision.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:32 AM   #10
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Old 03-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #11
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I hear what you're saying and I will be in the Church attempting my first livestream. But here's a few things I had to consider.

2 weeks ago, I have an 86 year old lady that was released from the hospital on Saturday. Her and her husband were in Church on Sunday. They were both exhausted and slept through the service, but they were there. Everyone would have understood if they stayed home one Sunday. But they were there.

I have another family with babies. Another with compromised breathing due to severe asthma. Another that is 94.

These were just a few of the things I considered. This was a very painful decision.
The elderly, which are a large portion of our local congregations, are the main concern and reason for closing. They're the ones that would show up if they remain open and it would be hard to keep them away.

I did talk to the Pastor of Christ Lutheran and he said if they shut the doors, he'd open a window. I think that's a great attitude. He'll be there, one way or the other.

Brian
Old 03-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

In my county groups larger than 10 is prohibited.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #13
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

email from our pastor today. The church will be closed for the next two Sundays, but his
service will be broadcast on-line.

Our congregation has a high proportion of old geezers like me, so it's not an
unreasonable action, and one I know hurts the pastor a lot...maybe more so than it
does the congregation.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
We aren't under those restrictions, yet, that I know of.

Brian
Old 03-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #15
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Same here and stores and malls are shutting down because of related infections.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote