Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2022, 04:25 PM   #1
dinkydow

gun 1860 Army....

The 1860 Army percussion pistol, with the 1/2 fluted cylinder, CCH steel frame, .44 caliber, walnut grips...arrived today. A beauty.. heavy bastard. Another Pietta...for the stash.

These have to be the most elegant pistols Colt ever made. A real smoke wagon..

Pics....when I get done fondling.....and stuffing it in a US marked, black flap holster.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:20 PM   #2
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
The 1860 Army percussion pistol, with the 1/2 fluted cylinder, CCH steel frame, .44 caliber, walnut grips...arrived today. A beauty.. heavy bastard. Another Pietta...for the stash.

These have to be the most elegant pistols Colt ever made. A real smoke wagon..

Pics....when I get done fondling.....and stuffing it in a US marked, black flap holster.

Hurry with the pictures!

I have one of those black flap holsters that I got for a 1911, but I don't like it and it's sitting in a drawer.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #3
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Hurry with the pictures!

I have one of those black flap holsters that I got for a 1911, but I don't like it and it's sitting in a drawer.

Brian
The black flap, period holsters fit the 1860 Army ...so well and look correct. I have had many holsters for my 1911's over the years. A flap has its place.

Damn sure not for everyday civilian carry...unless it is an open carry free state...
Old 01-24-2022, 07:19 PM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
The black flap, period holsters fit the 1860 Army ...so well and look correct. I have had many holsters for my 1911's over the years. A flap has its place.

Damn sure not for everyday civilian carry...unless it is an open carry free state...
If you want this one, I'll send it to you.

Brian
Old 01-24-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Sanders

Flap holster is perfect for under-the-seat carry in the pickup - especially in a dirty work truck.

I also prefer one when I'm hunting, especially if I'm carrying a cap and ball pistol.

They do have their place. Horseback is a good one, too. Much more secure.

My grandpa always carried his 1911 in a flap holster. I don't recall him carrying it in anything else. He could sure draw fast enough with it. We were at my aunt's place for a family barbecue and I saw him draw and shoot a cottontail rabbit that got too close to the patio - without spilling a drop of his highball. He had us kids clean the rabbit and throw it on the grill. He had drilled the rabbit through the eyes - didn't lose a bit of meat.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:21 PM   #6
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

I have always preferred the Colt 1851, 60, 61 pistols over the Remingtons of the era. The Colts in my hands are just more natural pointers and just plain feel better, IMNSHO.
The 1860, 61's do have some sexy curves, with a sleek streamlined look.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:05 AM   #7
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBob01 View Post
I have always preferred the Colt 1851, 60, 61 pistols over the Remingtons of the era. The Colts in my hands are just more natural pointers and just plain feel better, IMNSHO.
The 1860, 61's do have some sexy curves, with a sleek streamlined look.
No argument there. I have heard the 1858 Remingtons are sweet shooters. Very accurate. They look blocky compared to the Colt. But.....often....brutal and blocky can mean a good hot pill delivery system. I have been considering the "New Army," Remingtons. WTF? Not like another popgun is gonna be one too many. I have read that many union Army calvarymen preferred them over the Colt. Quick change cylinder?
Old 01-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #8
dinkydow

Quote:

Brian
Thanks... I have four extras already. I got a better deal per unit when I purchased six of them. The 1860 fit right into one that was waiting for it. Triple K loves me.

I plan on filing them all up with gunsteel. I found the 1872 open-top would not fit....neither would the 1873 cav Colt. I have holsters. The "Indian wars," 1873 model popgun also has good leather to reside in.

Good guns need good pouches.

Old 01-25-2022, 01:30 PM   #9
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Thanks... I have four extras already. I got a better deal per unit when I purchased six of them. The 1860 I'd right into onethat was waiting for it. Triple K loves me.

I plan on filing them all up with gunsteel. I found the 1872 open-top would not fit....neither would the 1873 cav Colt. I have holsters. The "Indian wars," 1873 model popgun also has good leather to reside in.

Good guns need good pouches.

��
I got rid of my black powder tools long ago. Now I wouldn’t even want to replace everything due to the cost.

Regrets…

Brian
Old 01-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #10
dinkydow

The cost on....everything is rising almost daily.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:44 PM   #11
RetVet
Statistical Error

The Remington's are a stronger design and the grips are easier to deal with being two parts. I have several, brass, steel, and one stainless steel. Also have one roll engraved, silver and gold with fake ivory grips. A true cap and ball pimp gun

My prize one though is an actual Colt made US Grant 1851 Navy, engraved cased set. Won it in an auction WAY below what it should have gone for.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:45 PM   #12
JD Miller
Fake Member

https://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...leck-firearms/
Old 01-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #13
Rexydg

I often open carry my 51 navy 44 while fishing the neighborhood ponds and lakes for bass and such..

The looks I get from the spandex soccer moms are priceless!
Rexydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:25 AM   #14
dinkydow

Pissing off liberal geeks...has become....a DUTY...rather than a passtime.

The abject terror on their faces when they see a popgun ....
Old 01-27-2022, 04:00 PM   #15
dinkydow

Thumbs up

Quote:

Brian
OOOOH.... you meant a blackflap for a 1911. I thought you meant for an 1860 Army. I better put my crack pipe down......

That is a horse of a different ....flap.

Sure....send it over. I'll take it. I like flaps.