Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Sanders

Bart Science: Growing up Near Nature Produces Saner Adults To be happy, we need nature.

Quote:
Science keeps proving things that many folks have known all along. This time, it’s that people who grow up in an area with natural growth around their homes become happier — and saner — adults than those who spend their childhoods surrounded by a cityscape of concrete and asphalt.

I ran across this in a recent article, which cites a particular study performed in Denmark and published earlier this year. The study itself can be seen by clicking here, but I’ll touch on the high points for you, because it’s all rather clinical.

Quote:
Urban residence is associated with a higher risk of some psychiatric disorders, but the underlying drivers remain unknown. There is increasing evidence that the level of exposure to natural environments impacts mental health, but few large-scale epidemiological studies have assessed the general existence and importance of such associations. Here, we investigate the prospective association between green space and mental health in the Danish population.
https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/07/0...-saner-adults/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I live in Utah and I am shocked by the number of people who have never hiked a trail, snowshoed up a mountain, or visited one of our national or state parks.

Today I took a friend's daughter on a hike (friend is not in great health...). She has been skiing but has never been on a hike.

People miss a lot of opportunities to enjoy life.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

All I need is my sail foam to stare at 24/7

Old 08-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
I live in Utah and I am shocked by the number of people who have never hiked a trail, snowshoed up a mountain, or visited one of our national or state parks.

Today I took a friend's daughter on a hike (friend is not in great health...). She has been skiing but has never been on a hike.

People miss a lot of opportunities to enjoy life.
Utah has a lot to offer, too. Shame folks don't take advantage of it. But, then again, maybe it's good they don't, the way they treat everything these days.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
baboon
slug

I live in a primate sanctuary! It aint helping me one bit.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
remus

There is no peace and quiet in a city or town environment. Too much to keep track of constantly. Traffic, people that don't care about your well being. Inability to relax and enjoy what is around you. No wonder people grow up crazier than owl shit.
I live near a town, not in it. I have some neighbors but they mind their own business and so do I. Life is good at my place.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
There is no peace and quiet in a city or town environment. Too much to keep track of constantly. Traffic, people that don't care about your well being. Inability to relax and enjoy what is around you. No wonder people grow up crazier than owl shit.
I live near a town, not in it. I have some neighbors but they mind their own business and so do I. Life is good at my place.
Then add to that the fact that folks are plugged in to their drama 24/7 via their cell phones. It is no wonder so many people are bat-shit crazy. They never get a chance to mentally decompress.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #8
twin50

I like it out out west the vastness is breathtaking, I have had more than one fantasy of being on horseback following old trail's. I almost applied for a summer job that took part of a 90 or 60 day wagon train cattle drive for troubled kid's.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
I like it out out west the vastness is breathtaking, I have had more than one fantasy of being on horseback following old trail's. I almost applied for a summer job that took part of a 90 or 60 day wagon train cattle drive for troubled kid's.
Visionquest? They used to come out past our place every once in a while with their wagon train. Then they'd set up camp at the fair grounds in town for a few days before heading off somewhere else.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
twin50

I am not too sure anymore was probably in 1998 that I had the chance and blew it.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote