Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Sights, Scopes, Optics, Binoculars, and Flashlights
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Sanders

Default Cheap Aimpoints on E-bay

$280 clams is a dang good price for these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aimpoint-Com...80980191710%26

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
baboon
slug

Lot's of Chinese bootlegs on the market for the airsoft commandos.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Lot's of Chinese bootlegs on the market for the airsoft commandos.

The chinks are doing knockoff ACOGS and ELCANS also. As well as most of the other good combat glass. But then....a lot of trigger pullers have returned to CONUS in the last year or so....and they sometimes sell shit they do not think they need anymore... Be real careful. The knockoffs can be real hard to catch. Except when they take a shit...and you try and get warranty on them... THEN you feel the horrible sting in your wallet.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
The chinks are doing knockoff ACOGS and ELCANS also. As well as most of the other good combat glass. But then....a lot of trigger pullers have returned to CONUS in the last year or so....and they sometimes sell shit they do not think they need anymore... Be real careful. The knockoffs can be real hard to catch. Except when they take a shit...and you try and get warranty on them... THEN you feel the horrible sting in your wallet.
Them slant eyed yellow devils even put out bootleg Noveske KX3 hogs breaths.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Sanders

I believe these are legit. I'm not interested in one for myself, though. Just passing along the find if someone else is.

I have bought a Chinese knockoff Eotech 512, but it was advertised as a fake. For $60, I gave it a try and after some tweaking, was able to make it work on my AR-15. However; it isn't worth a crap in the sunlight - just not bright enough.

Someone else I know has a counterfeit ACOG, and it was actually pretty well built with clear optics. Would I buy one? Probably not, because I would rather support a company like Trijicon with my hard-earned $$ than the red chinese.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

The Chinks have been making counterfit everything, from scopes, camera lens, earphones, memory cards, blackberries, etc. Most look good but are junk.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I have bought a Chinese knockoff Eotech 512, but it was advertised as a fake. For $60, I gave it a try and after some tweaking, was able to make it work on my AR-15. However; it isn't worth a crap in the sunlight - just not bright enough.
I got the same knock off with plans to throw it on one of my boys AR22's as a plinker. It had to be fiddled with to get it to turn on and then you couldn't see the reticule unless it was real dark. It's sitting in a box now waiting for the right person to pawn it off on.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Read down a bit on the warranty..
They are kind of hinting their used and we checked them..
No warranty or return..
In other words, price is good, but good luck..

I have purchased two used Aimpoints on E-Bay. They do have a lifetime warranty. The ones I purchased are not new..show some battlwe scars and work just fine.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Frogman

There is no magnification on these, just a 4" red dot at 100yds - my self I'd pass but some might like the look versus practically.

Red dot size in MOA (minute of angle)* 4

Parallax Absence of parallax -
No centering required

Eye relief Unlimited

Night vision compatibility Yes

Anti-reflex coating all surfaces & multi-layer coating objective lens Yes

Magnification No magnification (1X)

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
dinkydow

I would not go to war with a chink bootleg scope on my MBR. THIS model, the CompM2 Aimpoint, is the 100 yd. model. I mount mine on my subguns and Krinks. They make others with much smaller red dots for different distances. 100 yds is a realistic combat distance. This model of Aimpoint is a CQB combat scope...NOT ...a sniper scope. CQB is NOT 600 yds. Trying to save your beer money by spending any amount at all... on chink combat glass knockoffs...is just... stupid.

I like ACOGs also...

Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I would not go to war with a chink bootleg scope on my MBR. THIS model, the CompM2 Aimpoint, is the 100 yd. model. I mount mine on my subguns and Krinks. They make others with much smaller red dots for different distances. 100 yds is a realistic combat distance. This model of Aimpoint is a CQB combat scope...NOT ...a sniper scope. CQB is NOT 600 yds. Trying to save your beer money by spending any amount at all... on chink combat glass knockoffs...is just... stupid.

I like ACOGs also...

Nice! Nice! Nice!!!!!!
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
cz7

Thumbs down for some use ?

cheap back up set up ....ok but i hate to give them commies more money etc ..........damn the this crap ......
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
cz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

I'm not sure if they're still doing it or not, but I can remember when the Chinese were counterfeiting Leupold scopes. They weren't very good knock-offs, you could spot them from a mile away, as long as you're familiar with the real Leupold scopes.

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
RetVet
Statistical Error

Their add states everything you can want EXCEPT a line stating these are original Aimpoint scopes made in Sweden. $280 for a used Aimpoint is a good buy if it is in fact a REAL Aimpoint.

I see the same seller also had used Elcans for sale at one time for $460. Those are $1200 scopes if not more.

Lots of positive feedback claiming they are the real deal, but I don't know. I could use an Aimpoint, but that itch on my back says be skeptical of this one.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
dinkydow

I have purchased several REAL, but used Aimpoints on E-Bay. They all worked just fine. Aimpoints are well made and verrrrrry rugged. Send the seller a message and ask if they are the real deal. If they are NOT...he must state that in his add. I have seen plenty of "Airsoft/Aimpoints"...and "knockoffs" listed on E-Bay...but so far they all were listed as such. These just look like used Aimpoints. For the price I might just nail a couple more for shits and grins.