Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-05-2022, 06:33 AM   #1
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Default What makes a shotgun worth $2k+

Yearly gun raffle is upon me again and one of the top 2 prizes is a BERETTA A400 Xtreme Plus( other being a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 ).

I’ve owned and used shotguns all my life, mostly a Remington 870, but am no means a shotgun enthusiast.

What makes the Beretta ( or similar) worth that much? I am missing something?

Heîs oiōnòs áristos, amýnesthai perì pátrēs- "There is only one omen, to fight for one's country"
klauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

Name maybe, I don't know. There are a lot of firearms with extreme prices and no reason I can what makes them so much more special.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:26 AM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

About 100 kilometers west of Verona in Northern Italy is the mountain village of Gardone Val Trompia, home of the famous Beretta factory. Beretta has been manufacturing firearms here for 500 years, making it the world's oldest gunmaker—in fact, the world's oldest manufacturer of any kind

https://www.ssusa.org/content/watch-...f%20any%20kind.

Go on a hunt klauss with your Remington and you will come home with just as many birds as the guy next to you with the Beretta.
Now I am going on a long trip tomorrow should I take the Mercedes or my good old pickemup? Hell I love em, both reliable as all hell.
Analogy being quality, comfort, feel, pleasure of driving the Mercedes versus your favorite truck.
Pick up a Beretta and rack the action open squeeze the trigger check the balance.
Take a tour of the Beretta factory their attention to detail and quality is second to none. 500 yrs in business taught them a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-_-h-SDjLE
Old 04-05-2022, 09:56 AM   #4
Sanders

I'm not sure, but last time I looked at the A400's, they were in the $1,200 price range. I think $2,000 is a little high. Then again, prices have gone up since I last looked at them.

I have the A300, which is very smooth and suits me just fine for the type of shooting I do, but I have seen guys shooting the A400 at sporting clays matches, and they are really nice guns and the guys were racking up impressive scores - like getting mad at themselves for missing 1 out of 100.

It's those $25,000 shotguns that boggle my mind as to what makes them so valuable. But anything is worth what someone else will pay for it.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:28 AM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Name, quality of materials and some stuff maybe handcrafted. In all honesty it shoots as well as a 780 as far as self defense goes. Championship skeet shooting, that's a different ball game.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #6
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

If ( big if ) I would win it my choice is essentially keep it and give it to my oldest when he turns 18 or trade it towards something else we want.

I’m basing the value of what the raffle claims it to be.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:00 PM   #7
Sanders

I know a guy who is a nationally ranked trap shooter. He uses a $25,000 Perazzi over-under. He went to the national championships in Ohio a while back and got knocked out of the competition because he missed one out of 300.

Back then, when he bought ammo, it was delivered to his shop on a pallet and had to be unloaded from the truck with a forklift.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

If you watch the vid. of the factory I posted come to the part where the Smith has the weapon in the semi open position. He is tapping the rear stock to try to make it swing open. 3:17 of the video.
Whoops no go its like on a pendulum smooth. Beretta has gone CNC with their millings including their barrels. Another factory tour vid. shows hand picking and measuring and measuring barrels.
100% perfect or back to the smelter. Geez I am starting to sound like I sell Berettas. NOOO I was just fascinated with their demand for perfection.

4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Spinz

I am saving my lunch money for a Purdy.

Making guns the Purdey way takes about 500 hours of handwork at its factory in Hammersmith, in West London. Prices start at around $89,000 for side-by-side game guns, so named because of the position of the two barrels. Over-and-under models start at about $105,000.Jul 7, 2006

Are Purdey shotguns good?
The renowned English gunmaker, Purdey, is known for its high quality, high performance and… high prices. You will be looking around the £150,000 mark for a London best gun made to your precise requirements.Oct 8, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSKBPBTnmIM

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeet..
I will stick with the Remington.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:37 PM   #10
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I am saving my lunch money for a Purdy.

Making guns the Purdey way takes about 500 hours of handwork at its factory in Hammersmith, in West London. Prices start at around $89,000 for side-by-side game guns, so named because of the position of the two barrels. Over-and-under models start at about $105,000.Jul 7, 2006

Are Purdey shotguns good?
The renowned English gunmaker, Purdey, is known for its high quality, high performance and… high prices. You will be looking around the £150,000 mark for a London best gun made to your precise requirements.Oct 8, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSKBPBTnmIM

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeet..
I will stick with the Remington.

My dream gun is still a wheelock, the few that make them( if you don’t want a garbage mass production from India that may kill you) start out a 4-5k last I checked.

I will likely never own one, as there are always more immediate financial concerns but it’s nice to dream.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:52 PM   #11
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Top quality guns have lots of hand fitting.

Hand fitting requires skill and time.

It is easy to drop $5K on a hand-fitted 1911 compared to $500 for a low end one.

If you are willing to look for a used high end shotgun, you might save more than 75% off the price of a new one. For example, new H&H for $150K or a used one for $25K.

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default....=10&GunID=3322
Old 04-05-2022, 07:47 PM   #12
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Name, quality of materials and some stuff maybe handcrafted. In all honesty it shoots as well as a 780 as far as self defense goes. Championship skeet shooting, that's a different ball game.
yep, i came against 10k perazzi over unders when i was shooting trap and skeet.
and here my lame ass is with a 2k Beretta Onyx. those guys were damn good.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #13
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post

Old 04-05-2022, 11:18 PM   #14
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
Top quality guns have lots of hand fitting.

Hand fitting requires skill and time.

It is easy to drop $5K on a hand-fitted 1911 compared to $500 for a low end one.

If you are willing to look for a used high end shotgun, you might save more than 75% off the price of a new one. For example, new H&H for $150K or a used one for $25K.

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default....=10&GunID=3322
Frigging beautiful..
Old 04-07-2022, 11:32 AM   #15
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
About 100 kilometers west of Verona in Northern Italy is the mountain village of Gardone Val Trompia, home of the famous Beretta factory. Beretta has been manufacturing firearms here for 500 years, making it the world's oldest gunmaker—in fact, the world's oldest manufacturer of any kind

https://www.ssusa.org/content/watch-...f%20any%20kind.

Go on a hunt klauss with your Remington and you will come home with just as many birds as the guy next to you with the Beretta.
Now I am going on a long trip tomorrow should I take the Mercedes or my good old pickemup? Hell I love em, both reliable as all hell.
Analogy being quality, comfort, feel, pleasure of driving the Mercedes versus your favorite truck.
Pick up a Beretta and rack the action open squeeze the trigger check the balance.
Take a tour of the Beretta factory their attention to detail and quality is second to none. 500 yrs in business taught them a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-_-h-SDjLE
https://youtu.be/J_GVhxbklqo