Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Vendors Area > WELLCO Arms Company
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

WELLCO Arms Company -Wellco Arms Website.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Default AK receiver

Dink;

What receiver, or flat do you use/recommend for a build? I have a couple 74 kits that I want to build, or get built, but I am not happy with the receivers I had already gotten.

Horse

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

i belive Dink likes to use DCI's.

<a href="http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/unassisted.php"><!-- piquant --></a>

flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
WFO2

I like the Global ones . A buddy just built one on a Nodak and it turned out fine ...These are fully machined recivers with rails and everything .
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

What do you have already?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
WFO2

I aint dink jusr putting in my two cents . Magnus you asking me what i have all of mine are Global trades .....
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Curtis at ak-builder says his new flats are pretty nice. I haven't tried one yet, but I'm going to. Up till now I've always used Tapco's, and I still have a few in my garage. Most of us flat-builders are fully aware of the issues with those flats, and although they aren't a HUGE deal to work around, a better one is always welcome. Curtis told me last time I talked to him that he specifically made his to counter all Tapco's problems. I look forward to trying them out.

WWHBD?
(What Would Henry Bowman Do?)
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
NCshooter26

My two cents are to go with the DCI. I've built quite a few AK's, not nearly as many as Dink, I'm sure, but I have built on both Ewbanks and DCI's, and have looked over many bare OOW and Global's, as well as rifles built with both. For ease of build, and for the value, go DCI. Global's are nice, especially the 1.6 mm's, but you have to mill the trunnions down, and unless anything's changed with them their customer service sucks and they have a hell of a wait to get them.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

My biggest concerns are not having a lot of crap already etched into the receiver, and being of adequate quality that they will take proper heat treating, and have correct dimples, and so on. I like to etch them for whatever weapon I am trying to replicate, be it Soviet, E. Ger, or what ever.

I did a AK-74 on one of the prefabs, and it looked OK, except for all the funky engravings all over it. It ruined the effect. I also prefer no SN, so that I can add a correct SN for the series of weapon, or the Trunnion number, whichever is appropriate.
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

gonna have to go with a flat or bent 80% if you want no numbers. i've been using Tapco flats with good results. get them with no trunion holes drilled.
this is the Romanian underfolder i'm working on now. it has the front PG from a Romanian G fitted to test function. trying for the pickup look. acid dipped the reciver and buffed it with a finsh sander covered with an old T shirt. tested today, ready for the folder to go on. the front PG and top cover are being done with low gloss tung oil and steel wooled to de-gloss.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
dinkydow

If you want a NICE receiver where nthe parts pretty much fall together?.... go for the DCI, AK 74 receiver. They have ALL the Russian / Bulgarian features that we collectors do so enjoy. The depression around the safety on the LEFT side...the bulge on the bottom of the receiver for the trigger axis..plus many others.

When I use any other receiver I mill in all the "holes" for the folding stock using fixtures and patterns. DCI receivers alrady HAVE all this grunt work done.

Being a licensed manufacturer I do not use "flats" or other shortcuts. I sell to other dealers as a "primary mission." I also sell "toys" to Marine Recon and our other "operators" working in the sandbox....so things must be right.

If it is not a bullethose..........we don't sell it.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
Zane Zackerly
The Mad Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow
I also sell "toys" to Marine Recon and our other "operators" working in the sandbox....so things must be right.

THAT, right there, would make me want to buy your products.
Zane Zackerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #12
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO2
I aint dink jusr putting in my two cents . Magnus you asking me what i have all of mine are Global trades .....

I was asking Horse.
magnus392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #13
dinkydow

I have used and do use OOW, AUSA and DCI receivers. Somtimes a customer specifies one brand or another. Many times, it just comes down to which receiver mfgr can ship me product IMMEDIATLY when I need it. Parts is parts.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #14
75_stingray
388ci Bored & Stroked SB
Target Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopshot
i belive Dink likes to use DCI's.
DCI's receivers are top notch!!!!
We've been waiting seems like over a yr for DCI to come out with they're 74 sidefolder receiver, and let me tell you, it was worth the wait!
Put my sidefolder together last week and everything went together as smooth as silk. No drilling nor filing,,,,AT ALL!

As for markings DCI puts they're markings on the bottom just in front of the mag well. Got mine with a matching serial# to match my kit.

There will always be a large group of people that will be preyed upon, consumed by predators just like in a school of fish.
Some fish don't venture out into the deep water, others do so only when they've developed big teeth, but most just swim along looking at how blue the water is.
(GN Member)
75_stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO2 View Post
I like the Global ones . A buddy just built one on a Nodak and it turned out fine ...These are fully machined recivers with rails and everything .
Since I now have pretty much all of the ERTD/ Global Trades AKM receivers in existance...I use them only...for my AK builds.