Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-02-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
TheDevilIKnow

Default Kel Tec KS-7 & KSG Owners. Your input please

I am really thinking about trading my humongous Mossberg 590 8 shot with a huge long barrel. How much do you really like yours?

I'm interested in honest answers about the actions? Or on the KSG switching between tubes. Would you trust you, and your families lives on either?
TheDevilIKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
Sanders

I've shot a KSG, but don't own one. After shooting one, I probably wouldn't want to own one, at least to depend on for home defense. It seemed more of a gimmick to me than a serious fighting shotgun. It was easy to miss the switch between mag tubes, but like with anything, I'm sure it would get better with practice.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:57 AM   #3
baboon
slug

Stop fucking around & buy a Benelli M-4. You want to impress friends & family buy a the Benelli Entry/CQB gun.

When I see those modern clunky ass "combat" shotguns I see movies props for Sci Fi movies. A shotgun by nature needs to shoulder quickly & swing fluidly.

KelTec has yet to build something I spend money on.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:17 AM   #4
belt-fed

my KSG works just fine did take a little time with it learn how to pump it
the cp33 works fine if load the mags with a loader
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:08 PM   #5
Bluntforce
slug

ant

In that thread about what rifles I was glad I didn’t buy that I did not post in because of the catalog it was beginning to be. I started off with the ENTIRE KelTec line. They, like the Calico, are great in theory but not in execution. This goes double for their shotguns and pistols.

I went from a Mossberg to a mag fed Turkish semi in AR layout. I trust my fat ass to it, don’t have a family because I’m just a slice of delightful.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #6
TheDevilIKnow

I bought the KSG. Outfitted with a Holoson HE507-C GR. Also purchased 250 rounds of 2 3/4 " 1oz slugs, and 200 11-0 buck.

My goal is to test the KSG, (lower octave voice) and maybe myself just a little. If I am happy with it I keep it. If not you may find it on floridaguntrader.com.

AAR will follow
Old 07-15-2022, 10:15 PM   #7
belt-fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIKnow View Post
I bought the KSG. Outfitted with a Holoson HE507-C GR. Also purchased 250 rounds of 2 3/4 " 1oz slugs, and 200 11-0 buck.

My goal is to test the KSG, (lower octave voice) and maybe myself just a little. If I am happy with it I keep it. If not you may find it on floridaguntrader.com.

AAR will follow
just play with it has to break in a little get the red alum plugs for the tubes
and longer alum arm for changing tubes works better
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:43 PM   #8
TheDevilIKnow

Targets made (30)

20220722_161811.jpg
Old 07-23-2022, 01:42 PM   #9
TheDevilIKnow

I think I'll keep it. 350 rounds of full strength 2 3/4 12ga today. 150 slugs and 200 11-0 buck. No I'm not superman. My shoulder feels it, especially the slugs.

However the ksg ran flawlessly. I love it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220723_110953.jpg (99.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #10
cujet

I have plenty of experience with the KSG. I like it, a lot.

Yes, there are higher quality guns everywhere. However, the KSG has strong points that simply can't be ignored. What's really cool is using the Mini Shells in it.
cujet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #11
TheDevilIKnow

It never missed a beat the entire time. There were two light primer strikes when I first loaded the Black Aces High Velocity Slugs. They seem to have a silver/nickel base. However those were the only two.

As you can see from the target it was spot on once the dot was sighted in (top tape). That was at 1000 yards too. �� JK it was 3220 centimeters. I would like to try it out to 100 yards sometime soon though.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

AR-15 Uber Alles.