Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 06-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #16
AKaTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephus
Bro the doc got to do something for ya soon !!!!
On a lighter note did ya get Deb that matel toy yet ,I see ya are get yourself stuff but did ya forget the little woman again !!!!!
LMAO yea bought her the AR but me and the boy keep shooting up all the ammo while she's at work So she likes the rifle but hasn't shot it yet.

Oh and look what a little oil did for the Mauser.

AKaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

Stop shooting up her ammo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 LMAO
That thing really is nice ,OH look I think it has my name on it !!!!! LOL
Take care of yourself and keep that preasure down !!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #18
AKaTom

Cephus worst part of having these headaches is not being able to drink my beer!!!! Havn't had a beer since mid February
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
Cephus

There ya go I think I've found the problem !!!!! LMAO
Just hang in there BRO ,and get on your Dr's case about fixing the problem and if he don't know what it is have him send ya to somebody that does !!!
Remember the lic,he has says he can practice medicine that don't mean he's got it right !!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #20
AKaTom

Quote:
There ya go I think I've found the problem !!!!! LMAO
Just hang in there BRO ,and get on your Dr's case about fixing the problem and if he don't know what it is have him send ya to somebody that does !!!
Remember the lic,he has says he can practice medicine that don't mean he's got it right !!!!
I hear ya! All my Neuro does it lecture me about smoking! Finally gave him a piece of my mind and he said i'm not trying to make you mad your bigger than me LOL. Got a appointment with someone else in Pittsburgh so we'll see.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #21
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives
Flash hider is issue, some rifles came here with them, some with a blank to cover the screw threads. But both were part of the package for issue rifles. The Blank adaptor (shredder) would be a seperate item, issued as required.
I was always under the impression those flash hiders were an after market deal and that the threaded muzzles were only for the blank firing adapters? Perhaps I was steered wrong by someone else?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #22
Cephus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKaTom
I hear ya! All my Neuro does it lecture me about smoking! Finally gave him a piece of my mind and he said i'm not trying to make you mad your bigger than me LOL. Got a appointment with someone else in Pittsburgh so we'll see.
Now ya may get somethi done ,I hope so we have to go shooting sometime and have a small get together for the raven when he can make it !!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
AKaTom

Quote:
Now ya may get somethi done ,I hope so we have to go shooting sometime and have a small get together for the raven when he can make it !!!!
Doc or no Doc these things should be running there course soon. No cure for them so the only thing a doc can do is help control the pain.

But i'd certainly like to be able and ready when ya'll have a shoot
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #24
partssman
Redneck Moderator

You could fall in a bucket of crap and crawl out smelling like a rose

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #25
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet
I was always under the impression those flash hiders were an after market deal and that the threaded muzzles were only for the blank firing adapters? Perhaps I was steered wrong by someone else?
I've seen the term "after market" and "American made after market" used on the net almost as one word, it may be that there were origonals as well as after market items made.

Two of my Swede's came with the "Flash hiders" installed and were so weill made and finished that I'd find it hard to believe they werent original.

My comment is based on one reprint of an older translated swedish manual that read IIRC "to install the blank firing device , first remove the flash hider" and another magazine article from some years ago photo puirporting to be the standard issue items, which included the flash hider.

The article may have been from the series on surplus military firearms that was issued as (IIRC) a series of 5 or 6 (Guns & Ammo?) Magazines, published around 92 or '93..

J. Anders 1999 translation of the 1977 manual (partial) does refer only to the protective cap and the blank firing device, with no mention of the flash hider. Might be a device tried early on and then dropped from issue.

I should come accross the other source(s) in the next month or so and I'll double check it when I do.

Certainly possible I'm wrong, or that there were original and aftermarket items.

I'll keep loking.

The low light sights they made for the '96's , 38's and 39's were interesting, never seen one except in the manuals, looked like they might worlk well though.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #26
Blammer
Bowling Champion

Exclamation Congratulations! (& a Hint re the brass disk)

A i916 Swede was issued before the Brass disk stamped with the bore condition was added... so carefully unscrew the disk and look what's stamped on the reverse side=
those Swede armorers were pennypinchers and would stamp the bore condition marks on the back of the original brass unit designation disk from 1916. Not an absolute, but worth a peek

Ask me how I know - My 94 Carbine had a doublesided disk... told me a lot more about the lil' carbines' pedigree.

Free? - SHEESH!