Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-22-2023, 07:54 PM   #16
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
My VA compensation for a 30% rating amounts to zero. They reduce my service retirement for every dollar I get from the VA. Only benefit is the VA money isn't taxed.
I've heard that before, government never loses money.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:16 PM   #17
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Your correct Johnny fraud is rampant with the V.A. claims. Hell I know vets on a 100% who never heard a gun go off. But the post is not about fraud but legit claims.
For real fraud viewing look into the EBT cards. That is probably? $$ a billion dollar easy scam for anyone with a computer and no ownership of a home.
Easily file a claim with your computer lie through your teeth and your FREE taxpayer paid food is on the way. If you don't own anything what can they attach or do? Nothing.
Last year a former Army veteran told me his story. He served 2 years peacetime active duty, left the service for the civilian sector then spent the next 35 years in construction. Now he has a bad back and says it's all because of his 2 years service in the Army. Color me "skeptical".
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:42 PM   #18
aviator
unum de multis

I know a liberal like that, he was a projectionist...yes, running movies in a projector during the Vietnam years he's claiming disability because of A.O. He got fired from a state institution because of doing illegal wiretapping, then went to the school board where he finally retired. The don't come any dumber than him.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:35 PM   #19
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I know a liberal like that, he was a projectionist...yes, running movies in a projector during the Vietnam years he's claiming disability because of A.O. He got fired from a state institution because of doing illegal wiretapping, then went to the school board where he finally retired. The don't come any dumber than him.
Yep. That's exactly the kind of guy I'm talking about.

Here's how the scam works: Once you reach your 40's-60's you start encountering health issues. You approach the VA and claim that your health issues are all caused by your 2-year service in the US Army as a clerk typist.

If you're lucky or a very good actor, you manage to convince the VA that you are 100% disabled and unable to work. Once that happens, you start receiving a monthly check totaling about $3,600.

Then, you approach your local township board of review (with the VA letter as evidence) and request a veterans' exemption from property tax. They will automatically approve your request and you get to live free of property tax.

Please don't misunderstand me. Most veterans on disability are deserving. What pisses me off are the ones who are not.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:49 PM   #20
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Last year a former Army veteran told me his story. He served 2 years peacetime active duty, left the service for the civilian sector then spent the next 35 years in construction. Now he has a bad back and says it's all because of his 2 years service in the Army. Color me "skeptical".
I always have Nam vets hanging around Tims beer hall here and I see it all. You come here and I will introduce you to guys have claims collecting money who had a typewriter fall on their toe and break it.
This really makes it difficult for the guys who have serious psych. or physical injuries. Fact... One out of 8 to 12 Nam vets are not your 'Hollyweird' Oliver Stone Platoon movie grunts beating the bush but support for those who were.
Does that make them less on the hero scale? Good God no lot of their jobs I would not trade for the bush for a million $$ God bless them. Without them we were done.
We were always short of men in the bush.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:02 AM   #21
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yep. That's exactly the kind of guy I'm talking about.

Here's how the scam works: Once you reach your 40's-60's you start encountering health issues. You approach the VA and claim that your health issues are all caused by your 2-year service in the US Army as a clerk typist.

If you're lucky or a very good actor, you manage to convince the VA that you are 100% disabled and unable to work. Once that happens, you start receiving a monthly check totaling about $3,600.

Then, you approach your local township board of review (with the VA letter as evidence) and request a veterans' exemption from property tax. They will automatically approve your request and you get to live free of property tax.

Please don't misunderstand me. Most veterans on disability are deserving. What pisses me off are the ones who are not.
You don't approach any township you attend 'V.A. compensation and claims appointments.' Not easy they put ALL vets through hell proving you have a case.
Property tax deductions, free drivers license and plates, free hunting license, use of commissaries on bases, etc. etc. you are either a good percentage disabled from the service or must be 100% permanent and total to receive those benefits in SOME states not all.
Tax deductions are yes with a V.A. letter but to your local tax authority.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:01 AM   #22
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
You don't approach any township you attend 'V.A. compensation and claims appointments.' Not easy they put ALL vets through hell proving you have a case.
Property tax deductions, free drivers license and plates, free hunting license, use of commissaries on bases, etc. etc. you are either a good percentage disabled from the service or must be 100% permanent and total to receive those benefits in SOME states not all.
Tax deductions are yes with a V.A. letter but to your local tax authority.
Actually, I think you're correct. The request for property tax exemption doesn't begin at the township. I think it starts with the county tax assessor.