Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.



Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2024, 01:37 AM   #1
JD Miller
Fake Member
 
JD Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 38,860
Default Barsony holsters ?

Anyone got a barsony, are they any good in quality

Shopping for a open carry, OWB

https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-...-pistols-20le/
__________________
.......
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #2
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Out by the lake in central Texas
Posts: 18,188
Default

JD you might want to consider a holster with more retention of the gun. A yaqi holster is a step above Mexican carry at best. I never heard of that brand, there are lots of people cranking out holsters.

You do realize that to comfortably wear a holster that your going to need a gun belt? Gun belts generally are much stiffer often having a stiffener sewn in to or double leather, They also tend to incorporate additional stitching.

The idea of the gun belt is so the weight of the gun does not stretch out or sag the belt. Buying a holster is pretty much trial and error. An uncomfortable holster does not get used. A holster should good sitting or standing. Finding a holster thats comfortable & drawable from a vehicle is also a big deal. Concealing a gun on oneself can be a huge bitch.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member
 
JD Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 38,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
JD you might want to consider a holster with more retention of the gun. A yaqi holster is a step above Mexican carry at best. I never heard of that brand, there are lots of people cranking out holsters.

You do realize that to comfortably wear a holster that your going to need a gun belt? Gun belts generally are much stiffer often having a stiffener sewn in to or double leather, They also tend to incorporate additional stitching.

The idea of the gun belt is so the weight of the gun does not stretch out or sag the belt. Buying a holster is pretty much trial and error. An uncomfortable holster does not get used. A holster should good sitting or standing. Finding a holster thats comfortable & drawable from a vehicle is also a big deal. Concealing a gun on oneself can be a huge bitch.
Looking for references if you have some holster links. Im Looking for more of Easy to Draw and re-holster than "more retention of the gun". Or even one of each depending on needs at the time

I have 3 gun belts already. One belt I use for bird hunting/shotshell bags

I have 3 revolver holsters I really like and are users, that a Guy in Texas made and sells on "Estsy"(or what ever its called) He only make revolver holsters though

Im in Idaho so I can open carry everywhere.

I have a couple simply rugged pancake holsters for revolvers but I dont like how they squeeze the gun tight and makes it hard to un-holster the gun and re-holster . They are good for retaining a gun while being jarred around while horse back riding though
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:29 PM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member
 
JD Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 38,860
Default

Some one referred this.... Looks kind of bulky though

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/p...e-owb-holster/

I have a Kydex Knife sheath but not a kydex holster yet
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 03:41 PM   #5
baboon
slug
 
baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Out by the lake in central Texas
Posts: 18,188
Default

I have 3 different types of holsters made by Tucker Gun Leather. Now that I'm a jumbo fat ass the Deep Cover Chest Holster Hybrid is my favorite. I also have The Answer & the HF1 Belt Holster, but mine has a top strap for retention. All are for a full size 1911. They all are very high quality & expect wait periods.
https://tuckergunleather.com/deep-ca...olster-hybrid/
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:37 PM   #6
Sanders
Moderator
 
Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 66,186
Default

These are made in Slovakia. They'll go together with your Czech pistol.

https://www.craftholsters.com/cz-75d-pcr-holsters

I'm running this with my CZ. It's so comfortable, I thought I'd misplaced my pistol the other day, but it was in my holster on my hip.

You can run it outside the waistband, but I think it sticks out too far. It doesn't tuck in close like some other ones do, so I use it strictly for inside waistband, with my shirt tucked in over it. But, that's how I've carried for many years and buy my pants a size bigger in the waist because of it.

https://hiddenhybridholsters.com/pro...d03e62a4&_ss=r
__________________

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
3
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 01:49 PM   #7
JD Miller
Fake Member
 
JD Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 38,860
Default

Thanks , got some options
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:52 AM   #8
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Frostbite Falls, MN
Posts: 10,489
Default

Like 'boon said, a GOOD gun belt (that doesn't look like a 'gun belt'...my words), and a good holster is the key to concealment and comfortably carrying.

I have a desk drawer with a bunch of holsters and belts I've tried through the years. I've sold, or given away some, but I still have some left.

I tend to stay away from leather belts, because over time, I've found that leather belts actually do 'stretch'.

This is the belt I've used for about the past 10-12 years. It'll last at least 4-5 years, wearing and carrying daily.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/redh...y-belt-for-men

My EDC has changed over the years, but every time I buy another handgun I'd like to carry, I get ahold of him. So far, I've bought 5 for me, one for my son, and a shoulder holster rig for my wife. The shoulder holster I use for my 1911, is the only holster I use ocassionally, NOT made by him.

The holsters I use, are made by a retired Military Vet/former LEO near Wausau WI. I found some rave reviews of his leather craftsmanship on a firearms forum I used to be a member of. I took a chance, and ordered a holster from him. I've never met him in person but we exchange emails often, and his holsters are definitely better than most others on the market, usually at less than half the price of most holster manufacturers. As far as his holsters go, other than some wear of they leather dye, all stitching and firearm retention are like 'brand new'.

Maybe do some searching for a local leather craftsman in your area, that makes holsters.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 09:31 AM   #9
Sanders
Moderator
 
Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 66,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
Like 'boon said, a GOOD gun belt (that doesn't look like a 'gun belt'...my words), and a good holster is the key to concealment and comfortably carrying.

I have a desk drawer with a bunch of holsters and belts I've tried through the years. I've sold, or given away some, but I still have some left.

I tend to stay away from leather belts, because over time, I've found that leather belts actually do 'stretch'.

This is the belt I've used for about the past 10-12 years. It'll last at least 4-5 years, wearing and carrying daily.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/redh...y-belt-for-men

My EDC has changed over the years, but every time I buy another handgun I'd like to carry, I get ahold of him. So far, I've bought 5 for me, one for my son, and a shoulder holster rig for my wife. The shoulder holster I use for my 1911, is the only holster I use ocassionally, NOT made by him.

The holsters I use, are made by a retired Military Vet/former LEO near Wausau WI. I found some rave reviews of his leather craftsmanship on a firearms forum I used to be a member of. I took a chance, and ordered a holster from him. I've never met him in person but we exchange emails often, and his holsters are definitely better than most others on the market, usually at less than half the price of most holster manufacturers. As far as his holsters go, other than some wear of they leather dye, all stitching and firearm retention are like 'brand new'.

Maybe do some searching for a local leather craftsman in your area, that makes holsters.
My gun belt is a black leather belt with kevlar sandwiched between layers and stitched into it. It hasn't stretched is the 5 years I've been wearing it. I could easily wear it with a suit. I got it from Crossbreed holsters on sale. My only gripe is they include a flimsy freakin' buckle with it that breaks if you cinch it down, so I replaced it with a buckle from Fox Creek Leather, and it works fine.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:43 PM   #10
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Frostbite Falls, MN
Posts: 10,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
My gun belt is a black leather belt with kevlar sandwiched between layers and stitched into it. It hasn't stretched is the 5 years I've been wearing it. I could easily wear it with a suit. I got it from Crossbreed holsters on sale. My only gripe is they include a flimsy freakin' buckle with it that breaks if you cinch it down, so I replaced it with a buckle from Fox Creek Leather, and it works fine.
A leather belt will not 'stretch', if there's a Kevlar layer stitched & sandwiched in. As far as buckles go, they're 'hit & miss', depending on who you buy them from. THAT, is why I went with the style belt I use for my EDC. No 'buckle' so to speak, just cinch it up enough so your jeans/pants, don't 'go south', at inopportune times.

I dunno if the belt I use, has some sort of 'stiffener', or not. I do know, that it's sturdy, and along with the stitching to keep both layers together, there's a bunch of 'X' stitching the entire length of the belt. I bought a new belt between Thanksgiving & Christmas (one size smaller), only because I've lost so much weight, that the belt I was using, was 'running out of velcro' to secure the 'free end'. The old belt had never 'sagged' or 'stretched' at all, in the 6 years I used it daily.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.