Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-16-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
Boris

Default Michigan deer hunt 2022

I got this big ass 8 point opening morning,,I never seen him around here before so he must have wandered to far from his home

there is a bigger one points wise hanging around but after all the shooting yesterday he may be no more but if he is I sure wouldn't mind making it a 2 buck season
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 315772946_1302361030565660_1473297967989276786_n.jpg (99.8 KB, 8 views)

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

You killed Bambi? Don't post it on social media or the libs will eat you alive.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
Sanders

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:42 PM   #4
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:39 PM   #5
Johnny

Michigan guy here.

I was out hunting almost every day on my property but in the end, no shots, no kills. I even went out today twice for about 5 hours total during miserable weather.... nothing....

No biggie. I'll try again during antlerless season. I'm a meat hunter, not a trophy hunter.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:16 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Holy sheeet if my sister saw that picture she would have a frigging stroke.
I think she gave half the family estate to save the whales.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #7
Johnny

My trail camera is picking up,very few deer right now. Those that are moving through have gone nocturnal.

Antlerless rifle season opens up on 12 December. I spent some time during the breaks hardening my deer blinds.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:31 PM   #8
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Nice work. Now for the cooking...
Old 12-26-2022, 08:38 PM   #9
Johnny

Season is almost over. No deer for me yet. There has been a significant lack of deer in this area. Or maybe I'm just a terrible hunter!

A neighbor wounded a deer a couple days ago, made almost no effort to find it and gave up. Jerk. I stumbled across the animal today on my property. It was clearly injured. I wanted to put it down and didn't even care about the meat. Sadly, I was unable to get close enough before it ran off.

I bought a .308 at the beginning of the season, but have actually went back to shotgun slug given the thick brush and heavy snow. There's no shot over 50 meters in these conditions.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:54 PM   #10
Johnny

Looks like I got skunked this year: no deer. It wasn't for lack of trying. I still had a good time out in the woods even if I did come back empty handed.

A buddy talked me into trying squirrel hunting. He claims it's the most delicious wild game meat you'll ever eat. I'll give it a shot.

I'll be out of town so gave my buddy thumbs up to hunt my property. Hopefully his luck (and skill) are better than mine.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #11
Johnny

2023 Michigan deer season is just around the corner, and I'm going to sit it out. Everybody around me is baiting, leaving me with little chance of even seeing a deer, just like last year. Screw that.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:06 PM   #12
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I got this big ass 8 point opening morning,,I never seen him around here before so he must have wandered to far from his home

there is a bigger one points wise hanging around but after all the shooting yesterday he may be no more but if he is I sure wouldn't mind making it a 2 buck season
What cartridge did ya shoot him with?

Old 10-03-2023, 09:21 PM   #13
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
What cartridge did ya shoot him with?

.270,,Winchester model 70
Old 10-03-2023, 09:32 PM   #14
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
2023 Michigan deer season is just around the corner, and I'm going to sit it out. Everybody around me is baiting, leaving me with little chance of even seeing a deer, just like last year. Screw that.
``play the scent game,,mock scrapes and doe estrus ,,Bucks rarely eat during the rut but they follow their noses everywhere and you only get one season a year.
I have never been one for baiting even when it was legal but if you really want to be an asshole call the DNR and report them,,they will follow up.
a lady I work with has a daughter who has been a DNR officer for 3 or 4 years now.
the only problem with that is if you have to track one onto adjacent property and you called the Warden on them I doubt they'll give permission to recover and guranteed they'll call the Warden on you if you trespass...which is why I just leave it alone here.
my neighbors bait too but screw em,,I still see deer
Old 10-03-2023, 09:55 PM   #15
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
.270,,Winchester model 70
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote