Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-25-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
dobelly

Default Any hunters here?

A quick check of the hunting forum doesn't show much activity...
dobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
DK-Prof
"Trash Forum un-user"

I don't get to hunt much myself these days, spend most of my time teaching my nephews all things hunting.

Plus, I make them do all the field dressing, you kill it you clean it.
DK-Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #3
67Firebird

I went, but didn't get one. There's still a couple more seasons coming up this year though, so maybe I'll get one then.

67Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:50 AM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobelly View Post
A quick check of the hunting forum doesn't show much activity...
Yep, Hunter here. Been eating fresh game meat lately
Old 11-25-2021, 11:06 AM   #5
dobelly

Maybe when I up my post count I can post pics... Got a doe and a 9 pointer so far. Can get a few more doe. Then I'll switch to coyotes.
dobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Not anymore. Last one ended up with bullets flying my way so I left and never went back. Florida deer ain't that big anyhow.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #7
jjgrappler

Hunter here, harvested a doe in archery. Gun season starts this Saturday gonna try and get a buck
jjgrappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #8
Hooligan

Got a doe and a turkey during archery. Missing opening gun for Thanksgiving with family

Recently got a thermal scope and a handheld and will be trying to kill some coyotes this year
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Hunters pack in around here with around 800,000 national and state forest acres around me. Lots and lots of deer around but like aviator says their small.
Turkeys, bob cats and all manner of critters around here. FWC estimates are 4 to 5,000 black bears here in our central Fla. forests but no bear season this year.
I think everyone of those bears know where my garbage can is.
Not a hunter but good luck out their all.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:29 PM   #10
baboon
slug

Pretty gimpy now to get out & hunt. Screaming across a field busting feral hogs from the passenger set of an ATV is to rough on my back. Climbing into a low blind would be doable. From a back porch suppressed with night vision still appeals to me.

I now live a 12,553 acre lake thats has good number of ducks & geese. I just need to hook up with the right neighbor for some of that action.

Made 3 trips to Africa when I was a bit more fit for plains game, so I scratched that off the list.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #11
Boris

I hunt Whitetail,,,my freezer is full at the moment but still waiting on some horns to show

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #12
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

I was hunting wild dogs a few years back, they were doing terrible hurt to local stock. They are cunning & hard to kill.

Last roo I shot was so full of worms it was useless for dog meat so I swore I wouldn't shoot another.

I have shot a few bunnies more recently for the pups though.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:55 AM   #13
flashy
Omicron cocksman

I’m hunting in the poconos this weekend but I prefer to hunt at home where the deer are bigger but my woods have become dangerous from falling trees dead from ash borers. Pretty much I hunt deer and turkey. My cabin got monster black bears in the 500lb plus range but I’ve never seen one in season, usually seen in the summer and at night on game cams.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:38 AM   #14
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I’m hunting in the poconos this weekend but I prefer to hunt at home where the deer are bigger but my woods have become dangerous from falling trees dead from ash borers. Pretty much I hunt deer and turkey. My cabin got monster black bears in the 500lb plus range but I’ve never seen one in season, usually seen in the summer and at night on game cams.
same here with the ash boars,,,a few years my wifes cousin was hunting on the other end of our property in a tree stand when a large dead ash tree snapped and fell in his direction.
he sucked up to the tree as tight as he could but some small branches still got his face..I seen him a while after it happened and he was still shaken,,we got some good size Black Bears around here too.

I shot a nice size slickhead last night,,gonna process her today and then get back to working on my kitchen remodel
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:36 PM   #15
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

I used to hunt ring necked pheasant and whitetail deer. Then 16 years ago, I accepted employment where I'm currently employed. We do road construction from mid March through mid November, and provide services for Agricultural Co-ops. Company policy used to be "No time off requests will be approved between Oct. 15th and Thanksgiving". That time of year is our 'cash cow'.

These days, the 'big bossman' (owner/Pres), is pretty much retired and his son (owner/VP), runs the show. He hunts out west occasionally, so he knows that there's several employees that like to hunt, so he makes it work where those that deer hunt, can at least have one of the two weekends of deer season (firearm), off work.

These days, I'm too out of shape to be dragging a deer out of the woods. "IF" I go deer hunting, I either go to my friends farm or, 'road hunt' (drive around in hopes to see a nice buck or doe out in the open).

If all else fails, the route I take to & from work each day, follows the Minnesota River so, there's a good chance I'll smoke a deer with my Silverado or Yukon.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote