Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-14-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
Solid Snake

Default First time using TurboTax...what a joke.

So I decided to get with the times and e-file my tax returns this year. TurboTax came highly recommended so I decided to use them. When I finally go through their tedious process, the IRS rejected my return stating that my date of birth was wrong. It wasn't. So I resubmitted, only to be rejected again. So I say screw it, I'll go back to pen and paper and mail in my return. I log back into TurboTax and click the "clear and start over" option. They're prompt tell me they can't do that as my return has already been filed. What??? I should have just stuck with the old fashioned way, it has always worked for me.
Old 03-14-2023, 04:12 PM   #2
NRA_guy

I use TurboTax or H&R Block. But I print out the completed forms, sign them, and mail them in and demand a real check for my refund.
NRA_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 04:15 PM   #3
Solid Snake

My taxes aren't complicated at all. Its just: here's what I made, here's the interest from my savings account, here's what I paid in federal taxes (no state taxes here), this is what I over paid. I just decided to e-file this year to get my refund quicker. Big mistake.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 04:34 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

I use my CPA, she's been doing them for the past.... thirty some years. She was cute back then.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Turbo Tax has worked well for us for a couple of years.

But then, it’s my wife who does ‘em and files ‘em.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:33 PM   #6
drh
I know things about stuff

I've used Turbo Tax for about 10yrs now and never once had an issue. I like the way it brings the past years tax forms forward for review so I don't have to go digging for paper somewhere around here
drh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:45 PM   #7
Johnny

I prefer doing mine on paper. Never once have I filed online.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:51 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I use my CPA, she's been doing them for the past.... thirty some years. She was cute back then.
And she says to her girlfriend 'Yes I do taxes for this rich Cuban stud. Damn he was hot 30yrs ago.'
Old 03-15-2023, 05:42 AM   #9
Karl/PA
Resident Curmudgeon

....and he had his very own airplane too!

Alcohol is a perfect solvent: It dissolves marriages, families and careers.
Karl/PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 04:54 PM   #10
JD Miller
Fake Member

I just had an appointment with a new tax preparer guy this morning.
Oh crap , what a joke. The guy spent over an hour wasting my time making things complicated and wanted to charge me alot more.

I got out of there , took my documents with me and called my old tax guy where I used to live.
Just got done emailing him my all my docs to do my tax filing. My old CPA Ive used for years makes it easy and doesnt charge me much.
That new guy is way inexperienced I think.
That new guy wasnt even a CPA, his secretary said he was a EA what ever that is.

I tried HR Block or a few years ago and walked out. Same crap over complicated, over price nightmare , screw hr block too
Old 03-16-2023, 09:50 AM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
And she says to her girlfriend 'Yes I do taxes for this rich Cuban stud. Damn he was hot 30yrs ago.'
Yeah well...we were both married back then, I still am, she is not. She's still very pretty for a 75 year old gal. And I wasn't rich back then. One funny fact; When my grandfather was alive (he died in '79) we had a party at home and she came with her husband and her mother, it turned out her mom worked at a Florsheim shoe store in Havana where my grandfather used to buy his shoes back in the 30's or 40's and they recognized each other, my grandfather was a good looking guy, 6'2" blond, blue eyes 200 lb and strong built so women noticed.

She does my corporate taxes and personal, besides a CPA she is a Realtor and has her license in my company too, she also did my previous business taxes over 24 years ago. She is good but too honest and goes by the book...
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote