Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-10-2023, 02:20 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Canada's Invasive Wild Pigs Are Building "Pigloos" To Survive The Winter

Quote:
There have been plenty of stories about feral pigs causing problems across Canada and the United States. Canada's wild pigs were even called one of the country's most invasive species. Now, they've even found a way to survive the winter: so-called "pigloos."

To stay warm during the winter seasons, these creatures will burrow deep into the snow, creating tunnels with snow on top acting as insulation (much like an actual igloo).

These "pigloos" also allow the animals to hide very well in the winter, which can make it harder for researchers to track their numbers from the air.

Within these burrows, wild pigs can breed throughout the entire year. They birth an average of six babies per litter every year, which means populations increase quickly.
https://www.narcity.com/canadian-wil...ugh-the-winter

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:53 PM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Top 12 Most Intelligent Animals in the World
Dolphins. Dolphins are well known to be one of the most intelligent species on the planet. ...
Ravens. ...
Pigs. ...
Chimpanzees. ...
Elephants. ...
African Gray Parrots. ...
Octopuses. ...
Bonobos.

https://sentientmedia.org/which-anim...t-intelligent/

See above. See number 3 in the worlds smartest animals? Did you know pigs are the 3rd smartest animals in the world? How bout the octopus and its ability to actually be taught complex problems and yes solve them.
Pigs are building winter shelters and their going to what? kill them? Good frigging luck with dat.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:34 AM   #3
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Dolphins. Dolphins are well known to be one of the most intelligent species on the planet. ...
Ravens. ...
Pigs. ...
Chimpanzees. ...
Elephants. ...
Octopuses. ...
Bonobos.

See above. See number 3 in the worlds smartest animals? Did you know pigs are the 3rd smartest animals in the world? How bout the octopus and its ability to actually be taught complex problems and yes solve them.
Pigs are building winter shelters and their going to what? kill them? Good frigging luck with dat.
I'm surprised dogs aren't even on the list. You'd think a dog would be at least on par with a parrot or octopus.

I haven't heard of any wild pigs here in Michigan, at least where we live. Nor have I seen any signs of them out in the woods.
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:52 AM   #4
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

I've seen wild pigs in Walmart.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
slug

Feral niqqers aren’t as smart

as feral pigs…
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 09:42 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'm surprised dogs aren't even on the list. You'd think a dog would be at least on par with a parrot or octopus.

I haven't heard of any wild pigs here in Michigan, at least where we live. Nor have I seen any signs of them out in the woods.
Dogs are smart but not compared to say an octopus. University doing studies on them a great view on Netflix I watched.
Two tanks with one in each and they would give one a pretty difficult maze to figure how to get its food. The opposing octopus just sat on the edge of its tank just watching his buddy figure the problem out.
Be damned soon as he figured the maze out the watcher went right to his and did the exact same thing. Dinners ready.
Actually tricking their handlers for an escape out of their tanks, etc... After watching I never wanted to eat calamari again.

ADD: Wild hogs? How many you want I will send em to yah.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 09:48 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Feral niqqers aren’t as smart

as feral pigs…
True what yah say 44044. But? Wild hogs are mixing with escaped domestic hogs and getting frigging huge.

What is the largest wild hog in Georgia?
Nine-foot-long, 1/2-ton-plus pig from Fayette County may rank as world record. When a 9-foot-long, 1,100-lb. hog was killed in Fayette County it became a story that spread like wildfire — literally going around the world on the internet and in the media.

https://gon.com/hunting/1100-lb-fera...%20the%20media.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 09:29 PM   #8
Johnny

Quote:
Dogs are smart but not compared to say an octopus. University doing studies on them a great view on Netflix I watched.
Two tanks with one in each and they would give one a pretty difficult maze to figure how to get its food. The opposing octopus just sat on the edge of its tank just watching his buddy figure the problem out.
Be damned soon as he figured the maze out the watcher went right to his and did the exact same thing. Dinners ready.
Actually tricking their handlers for an escape out of their tanks, etc... After watching I never wanted to eat calamari again.

ADD: Wild hogs? How many you want I will send em to yah.
After last year's unsuccessful deer hunt, I will gladly engage pigs. I love pork.

So far, no hint of any invasive pigs in my AO.

I'm about ready to give up deer hunting anyhow and switch to small game. Besides; I'm completely busy with a thousand other projects to even begin to consider adding another. Retirement is relaxing they said!
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:53 AM   #9
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
True what yah say 44044. But? Wild hogs are mixing with escaped domestic hogs and getting frigging huge.

What is the largest wild hog in Georgia?
Nine-foot-long, 1/2-ton-plus pig from Fayette County may rank as world record. When a 9-foot-long, 1,100-lb. hog was killed in Fayette County it became a story that spread like wildfire — literally going around the world on the internet and in the media.

https://gon.com/hunting/1100-lb-fera...%20the%20media.
That's a lot of sausage.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:28 PM   #10
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

Quote:
Ravens. ...
Pigs. ...
Chimpanzees. ...
Elephants. ...
Octopuses. ...
Bonobos.

I had no idea pigs are the third smartest animal.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote