Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2022, 04:30 AM   #1
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Default Taurus TX22

My oldest has been wanting a handgun plinker. Been looking around and the TX22 seems to be a good gun at a reasonable price for a 22lr

Anyone have any experience with them?

Heîs oiōṇs áristos, amưnesthai peŕ pátrēs- "There is only one omen, to fight for one's country"
klauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:34 AM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

Depending on how much you'd like to spend but for .22 plinker I'd go with a Ruger.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Ruger or Marlin. My Marlin .22 mag. is dead on bullseye at 100 yds.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:49 PM   #4
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

I've seen them in the stores around here, but haven't been looking to buy any other .22 autos. Very happy with my Beretta U22 Neos for target shooting.
That said, Taurus pistols do seem to be pretty reliable these days. Should be a decent little gun

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:26 PM   #5
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Went to the range today for a plinking session with the wife.

Rented the Ruger mark IV and TX 22.

After 3 mags with constant malfunctions ( every 2 rounds or so )with the Ruger switched to the Taurus and had about 3 malfunctions in 275 rounds.

Of the 2 I really expected the Taurus to have more issues especially being rentals that typically get treated worse. Wife loved the TX 22 and for the price it may be her Christmas gift.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:04 AM   #6
Sanders

The Taurus gets some really good reviews online.

The Ruger Mark series require cleaning and care and will run flawlessly if taken care of. A rental probably doesn't get the care it needs.

That said, my Ruger Mark II 22/45 doesn't get the care it needs, but runs anything and everything I feed it. It's set up for bullseye shooting with a red dot and is more accurate than I can shoot.

My little Ruger SR22 is a fun little pistol that has never malfunctioned since I bought it.

You really won't go wrong with the Taurus, if the online reviewers are being truthful.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:24 PM   #7
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

I typically see the Taurus for under $300 especially around holidays. It would be a shits and giggles gun for me and her and maybe a practice gun for my oldest and eventually ( assuming we figure out his vision issues) my youngest.

The guy behind the counter did lube up the Ruger a bit before giving it to us, which I don’t remember happening any other time I rented a gun. Makes sense now.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Taurus, for whatever my sample size of one is worth.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:33 PM   #8
GimpyPaw

Of course, I don't personally own any guns, but I heard a story about a guy who has a gun that looks a lot like this, and that guy who I don't personally know at all, he says that if you're actually cleaning the thing now and then, that he personally hasn't had any failures.

Well, except for those 700 fps sub-sonics. They didn't have enough energy to fully cycle the action. Quiet shots, but I didn't feel like changing the spring and dedicating the gun to just those rounds. It shoots the 950 fps sub-sonics just fine, and can still run the CCI Stingers like a champ for when it goes out on night time coyote patrol.

GimpyPaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:50 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

This guy, do you know if he registered that funny looking thing in the front? Otherwise I'm taking the picture down until you find out.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:52 AM   #10
GimpyPaw

Yea, it's got a form 1 tax stamp on it. Since it's a form 1 the engraving has personal information on it, so I used msPaint to black the engraving out.
GimpyPaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 10:50 AM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Good to know, don't want your friend to get in trouble.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:14 PM   #12
Sanders

Another inexpensive plinker that looks pretty reliable -

Kel-Tec P17 .22 LR Pistol - See Why I Own Two of These $225 Amazing Pistols - SHOOTING REVIEW!

https://youtu.be/5Y4xc04Bwj0
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote