Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.



Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #16
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1965 View Post
wow, those must be the rolls royce of cast iron....
They were made for restaurants and such

Many refer to them as Hotel Skillets
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #17
ashhoe
Member
 
ashhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
They were made for restaurants and such

Many refer to them as Hotel Skillets
Never heard of a #22, seen lots of #20s though.
Field just came out with a #16, it's a beauty.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #18
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
Never heard of a #22, seen lots of #20s though.
Field just came out with a #16, it's a beauty.
I was referring to Griswold Skillets…

I don’t believe that they ever made a #20

but I maybe wrong…

I looked it up and I guess that I was wrong

they made a #20 but not a #22
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:52 PM   #19
Patriot1965
Member
 
Patriot1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: new york
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
I was referring to Griswold Skillets…

I don’t believe that they ever made a #20

but I maybe wrong…

I looked it up and I guess that I was wrong

they made a #20 but not a #22
on ebay the griswold #22 is a corn bread stick cast iron pan...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38493395213...4AAOSwoLlinf24

what oil do you use for coating?..I use flax seed oil...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (97.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ggggggg.jpg (98.2 KB, 0 views)
Patriot1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #20
Patriot1965
Member
 
Patriot1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: new york
Posts: 51
Default

heres the griswold 20..geez almost 2 k for it...ill stick with my lodge pan..lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39411889429...0AAOSw1bpiq7dL
Patriot1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #21
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1965 View Post
on ebay the griswold #22 is a corn bread stick cast iron pan...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38493395213...4AAOSwoLlinf24

what oil do you use for coating?..I use flax seed oil...
We were referring to skillets…

I have one of those cornbread molds somewhere
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:12 PM   #22
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1965 View Post
heres the griswold 20..geez almost 2 k for it...ill stick with my lodge pan..lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39411889429...0AAOSw1bpiq7dL
Last one I saw was about a thousand…
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:31 PM   #23
ashhoe
Member
 
ashhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 368
Default

That's what I meant when I said they didn't make a #22, only a #20.
Yes Griswold, I have lots and lots of Griswold cast iron.
Lots of muffin pans and skillets and dutch ovens and waffle makers and griddles and cake molds.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265736845367
This one sold for $828 plus $50 shipping.
Asking price and selling price are almost always different.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #24
ashhoe
Member
 
ashhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1965 View Post
what oil do you use for coating?..I use flax seed oil...
Flax seed oil works great but smells like shit when it polymerizes and goes rancid too quickly even in the fridge..
Grape seed oil works good enough, doesn't stink and is shelf stable.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:24 PM   #25
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
That's what I meant when I said they didn't make a #22, only a #20.
Yes Griswold, I have lots and lots of Griswold cast iron.
Lots of muffin pans and skillets and dutch ovens and waffle makers and griddles and cake molds.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265736845367
This one sold for $828 plus $50 shipping.
Asking price and selling price are almost always different.
Same here…I have square ones too

and a Patty Melt set NIB with the sales slip

I had a Griswold griddle, daughter made off

with that…
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:35 PM   #26
ashhoe
Member
 
ashhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Same here…I have square ones too

and a Patty Melt set NIB with the sales slip

I had a Griswold griddle, daughter made off

with that…
Ah, took some deciphering but you mean "patty mold" not patty melt.
I have a few sets but haven't used them, yet.
The griswold 1108 cast iron grill (mostly called the cookie sheet) is great to cook with.
I have all the griddles and they're ok, let her keep it.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:20 PM   #27
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
Ah, took some deciphering but you mean "patty mold" not patty melt.
I have a few sets but haven't used them, yet.
The griswold 1108 cast iron grill (mostly called the cookie sheet) is great to cook with.
I have all the griddles and they're ok, let her keep it.
If you are like me, you have a bunch

of stuff packed away in closets that

you haven't seen in years...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:53 PM   #28
ashhoe
Member
 
ashhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
If you are like me, you have a bunch

of stuff packed away in closets that

you haven't seen in years...
All my cast iron is on restaurant style steel shelving.
I use them all the time.
I go out of my way to use them, and I'll take yours too if you want to get rid of some.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #29
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
All my cast iron is on restaurant style steel shelving.
I use them all the time.
I go out of my way to use them, and I'll take yours too if you want to get rid of some.
Kids...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.