Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 07-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Question Remington Rand 1911...

The Fun Shop where my son & I went today, had one in the display case. IIRC, the price tag said, $1.995.00 (plus sales tax of course).

From what I've read (at this link and many others), Remington Rand made roughly 900,000, M1911A1's

The one I saw today, was in almost pristine condition, with a little bit of 'holster wear' noticeable on the finish..... I did NOT get a good look down the bore but, a quick function check, was good.

Would you pay $2K+ for a Remington Rand M1911A1?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol#World_War_II
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:24 AM   #2
Sanders

I would admire one that someone else bought, but if I were going to spend $2k on a 1911, it will say Les Baer or Wilson or Nighthawk or Ed Brown on the slide. I'm sure I left out a few other custom shops.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #3
CDawg
slug

My neighbor in Pensacola sold one exactly like that for exactly that amount. ...and the the guy who bought it was very happy. I believe he said it was made around 1945. Pretty pistol! I could have purchased it, but that's too much money for a shooter. I don't collect guns. I just shoot them, clean them ...and shoot them some more. If I were to pay that much for a pistol, it would need to come with some custom upgrades.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:14 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up That sale was right in the price range it appears.

WHAT IS A 1911 A1 REMINGTON RAND PISTOL WORTH?
A 1911 A1 REMINGTON RAND pistol is currently worth an average price of $1,761.07 used . The 12 month average price is $1,761.07 used.

The used value of a 1911 A1 REMINGTON RAND pistol has risen $20.57 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,761.07 .

The demand of new 1911 A1 REMINGTON RAND pistol's has risen 1 units over the past 12 months. The demand of used 1911 A1 REMINGTON RAND pistol's has fallen 1 units over the past 12 months.

https://truegunvalue.com/pistol/1911...storical-value

The term 'antique' has kind of gone away and now people use 'collectables'.
Collectable covers everything on the face of the earth depending on ones desires. Indian arrow heads, dolls knives the list is endless.
I like American Revolution paraphernalia someone else American civil war etc.
Their is collectors and sellers out their and money exchanging hands.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
RTO

I wouldn't pay $2K for one but I would take that for the one that I have. It is in good condition showing little wear. The barrel has been replace though and it was manufactured in 1943.

I bought it to shoot which I have done many times.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
dinkydow

I have one. I found it under the seat of a corvette I purchased to repair and sell. It was nasty/rusty. I cleaned it up best I could. Re-parked it. New walnut grips. New gold cup barrel and link. MMC front and rear combat sights.

It don't look......bad.....compared to when I found it. I did run the sn to see if it was stolen. Nope.

It shoots just fine as is....but ...I am considering a trigger job with new parts. The pull is a bit muddy....and it has doubled a couple times....which is VERY UNACCEPABLE. I stopped shooting it second time it doubled and have not banged it since. It appears the OEM trigger parts were to far gone....and need replaced.

Why are Remington Rand 1911 pistols so fucking sought after? I don't see any big deal except the US Property markings. I thought Singer....or US&S, were the hot tamales.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

I think?? short of looking the crap up its the amount of them produced?
Think Singer did not come in till toward the end of the war and did not manufacture to many? You .45 guys correct me if wrong please.
WWII U.S.A.F. bomber gunner bought his rotated out after the war. Family just sold his Singer for over $100,000. Holy sheeet thanks grandpa.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #8
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I think?? short of looking the crap up its the amount of them produced?
Think Singer did not come in till toward the end of the war and did not manufacture to many? You .45 guys correct me if wrong please.
From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol#World_War_II
Quote:
World War II and the years leading up to it created a great demand. During the war, about 1.9 million units were procured by the U.S. Government for all forces, production being undertaken by several manufacturers, including Remington Rand (900,000 produced), Colt (400,000), Ithaca Gun Company (400,000), Union Switch & Signal (50,000), and Singer (500).
Old 07-06-2021, 03:40 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
See that is interesting thank yah Hunter. Hell they made a ton of them. Now I am confused as to price??
O.K. check this one out. My buddy just picked one up on a great deal. Yes they were used by our troops to fill in for the .45 acp pistols during WWII.
Best to use the moon clips till they rectified that.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/1...t-u-s-military

Colt 1917 .45 ACP (C17342)
Price$1,295.00
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:18 AM   #10
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Nice! I saw a nickle plated one, with 'pearl grips' on farcebook earlier this evening. Dude paid just shy of $1K for it.

I'm not a fan of those style revolvers. Don't get me wrong. I like revolvers. I like 'cowboy style' revolvers and large caliber, modern Revolvers such as a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag.
Old 07-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #11
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol#World_War_II
No.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #12
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Nope...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:31 AM   #13
500grains
Soldier of Allah

That's a good deal.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:22 AM   #14
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

That's kinda what I'm thinking but......... I buy 'shooters' (new or used). This seems more like a 'collector' to me...........

Sanders and others have expressed their opinions (which I do value a lot). Years ago, when I first got 'into 1911's', I vowed to never pay more than $1,500 for one, unless it was a 'custom order' carry gun (with all the 'bells & whistles'...even then I'd still have to run a minimum of 500 rounds through it, to deem it 'reliable enough' for EDC).

The 'jury' is still out on this...... I'm having a hard time convincing 'Mama' on purchasing it.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 AM   #15
baboon
slug

Quote:
That's kinda what I'm thinking but......... I buy 'shooters' (new or used). This seems more like a 'collector' to me...........

Sanders and others have expressed their opinions (which I do value a lot). Years ago, when I first got 'into 1911's', I vowed to never pay more than $1,500 for one, unless it was a 'custom order' carry gun (with all the 'bells & whistles'...even then I'd still have to run a minimum of 500 rounds through it, to deem it 'reliable enough' for EDC).

The 'jury' is still out on this...... I'm having a hard time convincing 'Mama' on purchasing it.
When i got my Les Baer they said to run 500 round of dirty ammo without cleaning (they suggested Remington bulk)just to loosen it up. Kind of like honing compound for the moving parts. I bought into the 1 1/2 inch group guns & it was very tight even after the break in. IIRC it was $1,800.00. and mine has the Illinois address before they moved.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote