Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 04-11-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default Blackstone Griddles......

Anyone have/use one?

I can't justify buying a new one but, the neighbor across the street has a 22" Blackstone, that she wants to get rid of because it's 'too big' for her to drag around in her E-350 Ford camper.

She hasn't mentioned a price, I haven't offered her any cash. I still don't know if I'd have much use for one but.....

I'm sure it'll need a good cleaning, and seasoning IF, I buy it. I do a considerable amount of grilling and smoking bovine and pork when the weather allows.... It's kind of a PITA to keep going inside to deal with stuff on the stove, when grilling/smoking.......

This is the one she has.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hers is about 2 years old, and has minimal use. IF I did make an offer, what would be an acceptable dollar amount? What's your thoughts?
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:11 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

I had the one you have pictured Hunter. It worked great till it turned into a rust bucket in a little over a year. I heaved it in the canal for my fish reef.
Do NOT leave it outside uncovered.

This is all yah need easy to put undercover.

https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Ta...%2C195&sr=8-21
Old 04-11-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
Sanders

My cousin has one and uses it more than his Traeger pellet grill.

Father in law got one, and I cooked some steaks and burgers on it. I liked it well enough, but dang it was messy - grease all over the patio. Where it really shines it on a campsite when you have several people to cook for. Everyone got to eat a hot breakfast together instead of waiting their turn because we only had a 2 burner Coleman stove.

Like 4th said, keep it oiled/seasoned and under cover and it'll be okay.

Offer her $100 to take it off her hands, then show up with $75 and tell her it's all you had. (New Mexico bargaining. I hate those bastards who do that when you agree upon a price ahead of time.)

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
baboon
slug

Niece & her husband have one! Griddles rock, but they need to be well seasoned & water is their enemy. I wouldn't mind one it be great for knocking out breakfast for a crowd or even burgers. I often thought of send my niece a butter roller for buns & toast.

https://www.missionrs.com/chef-maste...oller-s-s.html
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #5
ashhoe

I have a giant one and it rocks.
Mine is the newer style with the grease port in the back and cleanup consists of, scraping the shit to the back and closing the lid (walmart model) and done.
Well over a year with it and it sits right next to my Weber grill.
Everything I cook on it is gold, my fajitas are a different level now.
Charcoal grill will always be #1 for me but the griddle is #1.1
Once you season it, which is pretty easy and about 6 pack project, you're done.
The only downsides for me is I have to swap out the catch tray in the back and order new ones (amazon easy) and it eats the ass out of propane bottles.
All the shit I used to cook in cast iron or a regular pan or whatever that turned a nasty grey is browned like a pro, the giant surface lets the steam out.
For me it wasn't a game changer it was a life changer.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #6
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Thanks guys!

She does have the proper cover for it and, keeps it covered. I think I've only seen her use it once, but do know that she takes it camping the few times she's gone.

I'll see if I can check it out sometime this week.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #7
backhoe310

Several of our friends and customers have them and love them. I ordered one over the winter, direct from them with the spatulas and cover. It's the 36 inch. There are several good youtube channels on how to season and how to take care of them. So far I'm pleased. Did sausage, onions, and bell peppers on sub rolls today for lunch. Turned out awesome. If you can get it for a good price, go for it.
backhoe310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #8
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoe310 View Post
Several of our friends and customers have them and love them. I ordered one over the winter, direct from them with the spatulas and cover. It's the 36 inch. There are several good youtube channels on how to season and how to take care of them. So far I'm pleased. Did sausage, onions, and bell peppers on sub rolls today for lunch. Turned out awesome. If you can get it for a good price, go for it.
Thank you!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #9
baboon
slug

Wonder how cheap a commercial griddle used would be?
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:50 PM   #10
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Wonder how cheap a commercial griddle used would be?
One question.....

Restaurant supply houses/shops, sell used equipment, right? So do auction companies.....

Might be worth a google search.