Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
Sanders

Default ATTN: VETERANS

How many of you carried a sidearm in the field or in combat?

As a Cold War Veteran, I was assigned a 1911 because I was a machine gunner. The only time I took it out of the arms room was before an inspection or to qualify. I never carried it around with me in the field. To me, it was just another piece of kit I had to keep track of.

But for you guys who were in the shit, was it something you had and used, or didn't have but wish you did, or saw no need for?

I'd like to hear from folks who actually served, not from seeing what guys carry on Youtube at a range.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
dinkydow

I issued myself a 1911A1....in the RVN. It came out of a crate, wrapped in cheese cloth and dipped in hot cosmoline. I regret not issuing a dozen to myself...along with the three M1 carbines. I issued myself. I could have had them all shipped back home with my hold baggage. I did manage to get an m1 carbine back...and the one 1911A1. The m1 got sold when. I was strapped for $$$$. I still have the 1911.

No one gave a fuck, as long as the toys were being snagged by those that had a key to the "arms room."

I carried the. 45 out into the hostile woods of tigerland one time. After that...it stayed in my hooch. Another canteen of water was a better ruck carry. The Car 15, was suitably reliable and accurate at all realistic ranges in the 3xcanopy.

The arms room was filled with wonderful toys. Yes I took pics. No....I no longer have the pics. Why..?

Why do kunts, when they get the boot, steal your personal goodies to piss you off even further.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

I was carrying a 1911 when I was working way south of the border, but didn't get to fire it.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #4
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

I was a Cold War Vet. When I was stationed in Germany, on tracked recovery vehicles, I had a M2 .50 Cal and a M3A1 'Grease Gun' assigned to me when we went to 'the field'.

TWICE, one of our Firing Batteries was attached to some unit on a 'trip' to Graf.... They required 1 tracked recovery vehicle. Mine was chosen. Me & my ONE crew member were issued M1911-A1's, holsters, spare mags, & ammo pouch (along with the M2 .50 cal.), for those TWO 'exercises'. Don't ask me 'why'. I have no clue.

Stateside assignments, I carried a M-16A1.

I preferred a 1911 over the M-16A1 or the M3A1 because it was 'easier to keep track of' (in the holster). We'd get our asses reamed if say, some 'REMF', or someone from the BN Command came around, and we didn't have our assigned personal weapons 'on us' (slung across the back), while we were working upside down on a M110A2 8" Howitzer, or M548 Ammo Carrier. Our BN XO was good for that shit.

"Uh, hello Sir, I'm hanging upside down, ass deep to a giraffe in grease & hot engine/transmission components, trying to fix this POS Gun, and you wanna know where my weapon is?"
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:43 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

No hell I never even saw one. The 60 gunners probably could have gotten one but like and Sanders are saying just more weight that could be better used for other essential necessities.
Hell their was so many 16s around and about any type of implement of destruction one wanted their really was no need for the .45.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:34 AM   #6
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Why do kunts, when they get the boot, steal your personal goodies to piss you off even further.

They want you to suffer every day for the rest of your life and know they’re the one that did it to you. Hell was thought up by a woman. A man would figure dying, stinking and getting eaten by maggots was enough. A woman wants you on a loop of what pissed her off forever and ever and ever Danny.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #7
RTO

No side arm for me. Just a coupla extra cans of ham & lima beans.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #8
Emeses

No sidearm for me either. But being in supply, I carried a sweet boxcutter knife.

The Constitution I swore to protect and defend is NOT a "living" document open to interpretation "in the context of an ever-changing world."
Emeses is offline   Reply With Quote