Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 02-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default Apparently, technology escapes me.........

I bought a new dashcam, direct from the company. Fuck Amazon.....

Anyway, it arrived Friday and I unpackaged it and pulled everything out of the plastic zip loc style baggies 'everything' was packaged in....since it had spent time out in these frigid temps. You know, to let any moisture evaporate quicker. This evening, I decided to charge up the battery and try to figure the damn thing out.

Anyway, even with a magnifying glass, I have a hard time reading the 'instruction booklet'. So, I gave it to the wife and said, "Here, set this up, learn how to work it, and then show me how to operate it."

I just walked out to the kitchen to get something and the wife and her friend are out there having coffee, BS'ing, and my wife is messing with the dashcam.

I see the little light on the front 'lit up' and tell her to point it elsewhere, since it's recording. A conversation ensues about the real tiny print of the instruction booklet and, my wife's friend says, "Hey, ya wanna know how I read stuff like that? I take a pic of each page with my phone, then enlarge it so I can read it."

Doing that never even crossed my mind. Sheesh.....
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
RTO

Must be a woman thing, my wife does that too.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:58 PM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTO View Post
Must be a woman thing, my wife does that too.
I casually mentioned to the wife, that our daughter should bring our 10 year old granddaughter over to show me how to 'run it'. She laughed and said, "No. I don't want her to think Grandma doesn't know how to make things work. She knows that you can't!"
Old 02-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

I bought a set of jewelers magnifying lenses. My eye lenses are fixed from 3 feet to infinity but up close I can't read small print.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:12 PM   #5
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I bought a set of jewelers magnifying lenses. My eye lenses are fixed from 3 feet to infinity but up close I can't read small print.
Maybe I should look into getting a set.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #6
JD Miller
Fake Member

I'm going to get a gadget that dumps oil out the back of my truck and also sprays straight back for tailgaters
Old 02-13-2021, 10:18 PM   #7
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
I'm going to get a gadget that dumps oil out the back of my truck and also sprays straight back for tailgaters
When you find one, post the link. I want one too.