Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #1
Sanders

Cool Waiting....

Called and ordered a sling from Turner Saddlery a month ago. I went cheap and ordered a "blemished" model.

Nice lady on the phone warned me - the hides will determine if it is blemished or not. It could take a while. Plus, we are a two-person shop and are way behind with no end in sight.

Well, Ma'am, sign me up. No, it doesn't matter what color brown it is to me. Here's my CC# and contact info.

Okay. We'll call you when it is ready to ship.

Thanks, Ma'am.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
Solid Snake

What kind of sling? What kind of rifle is it for? Just trying to get a mental picture.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #3
Sanders

National Match Service Rifle Sling - for an M14

https://turnersaddlery.com/ts/product/nm-sling-seconds/

For $20 more, I could get one that isn't blemished, but I'm in no hurry. They suggested I go with the NM sling because it comes in a longer size for my height than the traditional M1907 sling I called to ask about.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Sanders hang in their buddy. EVERY damn thing weapon related since Slow Joe and crew is delayed back order shipping.
America is on a gun and parts and ammo buying frenzy since Slow Joe took office.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:56 PM   #5
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Sanders hang in their buddy. EVERY damn thing weapon related since Slow Joe and crew is delayed back order shipping.
America is on a gun and parts and ammo buying frenzy since Slow Joe took office.
Oh, I'm not complaining. The lady I spoke with was very nice and I understand the meaning of custom work = time.

Sure, who doesn't like their stuff via 2-day service, shipped the moment you order? But you won't get a high-quality product that way, either.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #6
ashhoe

Great people there.
It took me months to get mine about a year ago.
TOP quality though, well worth the wait.
The upper I ordered from RRA mid December last year?
About 6 more months and it should be ready.
20% "restocking" fee if I cancel, WTF is that shit?
That'd be nice to have a business that didn't actually provide a product but got people to order it and then charged them if they cancelled the order for the product that they would never get and I wouldn't ever start work on.
Ah, the fine print.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:52 PM   #7
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Oh, I'm not complaining. The lady I spoke with was very nice and I understand the meaning of custom work = time.

Sure, who doesn't like their stuff via 2-day service, shipped the moment you order? But you won't get a high-quality product that way, either.
BINGO! Even with a 'blemish' (which could be nothing more than a slight 'dimple' in the leather), it'll still be 'top quality', at a cheaper price.

There used to be a Red Wing Boot Shop in a small town near where I work. I used to buy 'blems' there. 98% of the time, the 'blem' was on the 'upper' and never seen due to my jeans covering the top 2/3rds of my boots.

If ya use that rifle often, sooner or later, you're gonna put 'your own blem' on it in some form.

When it comes in, pour a cold one, bust out a good cigar and the rifle..... Kick back, unpackage the sling, admire it, and enjoy the stogie and cold one, as you install it.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote