Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 05-04-2022, 04:32 PM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Default Has anyone seen that Mosin Nagant rifles are selling for lately?

Most are bid up to at least $400 - $500 and still have a few days yet for the auction to finish.

I bought a bunch of them at around $80.00. Only reason I bought them was because they were so cheap when I had my FFL.

I never cared a lot for them so I'm thinking about selling some of them and keep the best ones for myself. Or should I wait until the price gets higher?
Old 05-04-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

I never cared for them either. And they cant be modified to any other cartridge than what they are.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:52 PM   #3
RetVet
Statistical Error

Prices on old milsurp stuff has gone way up. I've got some mausers and mosins picked up for $20 or so that are in far better condition than some I see listing for a few hundred. I bought multiples because they were cheap and so all my boys would have a substantial collection of their own.

Cheap military rifles were a big part of those golden years before 0bama ruined everything.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member

I have Swedish Mausers, got many years ago when they were cheap

, But lost them all at the bottom of a huge lake in a boating accident
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #5
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Every milsurp we bought during the 80s to the early 2000s have jumped in price significantly.
My only regret now is having sold some too soon and not buying more when I could have.
Goes for the guns and the ammo

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #6
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Most are bid up to at least $400 - $500 and still have a few days yet for the auction to finish.

I bought a bunch of them at around $80.00. Only reason I bought them was because they were so cheap when I had my FFL.

I never cared a lot for them so I'm thinking about selling some of them and keep the best ones for myself. Or should I wait until the price gets higher?
I think I paid around $99 + sales tax for my Mosin 91/30, about 15 years ago, from Cabela's. Mine was still packed in Cosmoline and came with the usual accessories. I paid the local gun shop $50 to take it apart and clean the Cosmoline off, lube it and put it back together. I bought a bunch of ammo for it about 6-7 years ago, and about 2 years ago, I found an unopened spam can of 440 rounds for around $150 IIRC.

It's a fun gun to shoot, and the ammo I bought for it, didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I don't shoot it often but, it usually accompanies me to the range just in case.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #7
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

There was a gun shop outside of Chicago which imported around 5,000 of them back in 2011, called RGuns. I drove up there to look over their inventory. Rack after rack of pristine, re-arsenaled, cosmoline-free Mosins. I hand picked the nicest one I could find, a 1939 Tula which came with a minty bayonet, sling, ammo pouches, tool kit, & oil bottle. $79 + tax. They were willing to sell them by the wood crate for a little less than the 79 bucks per rifle. I seriously considered grabbing a case at that time but didn't. Wish now I would have.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:26 PM   #8
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

MN for $500+?!

They are not worth $50.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:34 AM   #9
cujet

I probably own the nicest M44 in existence. For some unknown reason, I purchased a clean one, then reworked it to far better than new condition. It actually looks far better in person than it does in the pics. The stock is obviously a laminated one, that took many hours to work the grease and dings out, then clear coat to a glass smooth finish.

cujet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #10
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

^ I've always liked the look of the Russian laminate stocks. Nice looking shooter.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #11
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujet View Post
I probably own the nicest M44 in existence. For some unknown reason, I purchased a clean one, then reworked it to far better than new condition. It actually looks far better in person than it does in the pics. The stock is obviously a laminated one, that took many hours to work the grease and dings out, then clear coat to a glass smooth finish.
That is a beauty. I've only had 2 laminates in the past, neither as nice as that one.
I think I'm gonna call runner up in the non-laminated class though.

I bought this one for 2 bennies as a nice little refurb in your normal brownish stock. Then I found a really nice actual matching gun for $135 with a broken toe on the stock.
Right after I got banned from 7.62x54.net for mentioning toe repair I found a little 1948 with the bayo lug cut off (really well) and a sewer pipe bore for $165.
I sold the metal other than handguard rings for $135, put plain brown on the matching one and took this stock for my beloved little refurb.

This repair is part of what drew me to it.

and what keeps me coming back...

“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:38 PM   #12
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Talking

Look at the Fireball coming out of that commie rifle! Even if you didn't hit the enemy with the round, the blast and concussion would kill them!
Old 06-15-2022, 04:29 PM   #13
dinkydow

No Commies

I have a number of those Nagant rifles. When the prices were right back then...I was lso offered a nagant sniper rifle...and purchased it. I cleaned the tar-like preservatives off and found a mint rifle, with an original scope and the usual accessories. Them Russians don't junk any weapon that might someday prove useful. I once read that they had @4000 T37 tanks in long term storage. I purchased the hell out of the German Lugers that the ruskies had captured during WWII and had reblued beautifully....but sold them ten years later for swinish profits. Wish I still had them.

"Greed is good."

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:43 PM   #14
gunkgy

saw pictures of them being issued to Russian troops in the Ukraine.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:59 PM   #15
Boris

I have a 91/30 but I cannot remember the year...I also have an M38 Laminate stocck dated 42

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote