Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Canoe or Kayak?
Canoe 2 22.22%
Kayak 4 44.44%
Screw that, give me a jet boat! 3 33.33%
What, get off my Lazy Boy and turn off the TV? Not a chance! 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
Sanders

Default If you could only have one: Canoe or Kayak?

I'm thinking I would prefer a canoe, but on the other hand, I believe there is a lot of storage inside a kayak and the stuff won't get lost as easily as if it were stored in a canoe and got tipped over.

So, what would you prefer to ride the river with?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
55chevy

Lost my canoe on that fateful river crossing whilst transporting my nasty guns to the other side.

Seriously, when we lived close to the Deschutes river, my brother came over and brought his daughter along for a canoe ride. Put my niece in a life jacket and up the river we started. we had gone about a quarter of a mile and brother decides to shift his weight a little to one side and over we went. Canoe was upside down, niece no where to be seen. both paddles went down stream in a hurry and panic ensued. She was inside the canoe and safe because of the life jacket! Bit of a swim to get to shore but all survived minus 2 paddles.
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

A sailboat.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
baboon
slug

I live on a 13,000 lake and don’t own a boat. 1 see more boats on trailers then the lake itself. The guy across the street put his boat in and straight to the lift on his dock. They are up doing yard work and most likely will pull the boat for the winter.

Another guy had 2 boats in his yard, that have never moved. Then again he works offshore. Newest neighbor has a new to him bass boat. Granted he is busy renovating their house, but in 3 months it never been in the water.

Got a couple of lesbians with a pontoon boat they actually get out on. They along with another neighbor have brand new fancy boat docks. The newest dock owners have a nice ski boat that was in the water once. Their old duck hunting Jon boat has never left the trailer. Plenty of ducks on the lake along with geese. For what a store bought frozen duck cost, it buy lots of fuel for that duck boat.

If I had the disposable income for a boat and all the crap that goes with it I’d buy a truck.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I live on a 13,000 lake and don’t own a boat
Got a couple of lesbians with a pontoon boat they actually get out .
Tell them that you identify as a lesbian

and see if they will let you tag along…
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post

When I first met them one was wearing a Minooka high school t-shirts. I asked what was up with Minooka & she said you even pronounced it right. They grew up real close to were I grew up.

I'm sure if I offered to buy gas they would take me along. Funny how out here the old lesbian couple are cool, but if it was Houston they would just be angry cunts!

I have met more neighbors here in 10 months then the house in Houston in 27 years. People out here are just more laid back
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #7
slug

Quote:
When I first met them one was wearing a Minooka high school t-shirts. I asked what was up with Minooka & she said you even pronounced it right. They grew up real close to were I grew up.

I'm sure if I offered to buy gas they would take me along. Funny how out here the old lesbian couple are cool, but if it was Houston they would just be angry cunts!

I have met more neighbors here in 10 months then the house in Houston in 27 years. People out here are just more laid back
It really is a smaller world than

most people realize…
Old 12-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #8
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

My wife and I need separate boats, since she can't coordinate well with others. Kayaks it is.
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post

Sweet Jesus yes. Best lovin I ever had was with two lesbos who were frigging hot. Hell they didn't even know I was involved.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #10
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Sweet Jesus yes. Best lovin I ever had was with two lesbos who were frigging hot. Hell they didn't even know I was involved.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #11
cheehoo

No poll option for Rob Roy Boat master race.

Is it a canoe or a kayak? Yes.
cheehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #12
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

If you are still looking for a Kayak I have hardly used 15 foot Wilderness Systems with a rudder. Very fast and fun to paddle. Unfortunately it is so long it is a pain to put on top of my Xterra so I no longer use it.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:32 PM   #13
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
I live on a 13,000 lake and don’t own a boat. 1 see more boats on trailers then the lake itself. The guy across the street put his boat in and straight to the lift on his dock. They are up doing yard work and most likely will pull the boat for the winter.

Another guy had 2 boats in his yard, that have never moved. Then again he works offshore. Newest neighbor has a new to him bass boat. Granted he is busy renovating their house, but in 3 months it never been in the water.

Got a couple of lesbians with a pontoon boat they actually get out on. They along with another neighbor have brand new fancy boat docks. The newest dock owners have a nice ski boat that was in the water once. Their old duck hunting Jon boat has never left the trailer. Plenty of ducks on the lake along with geese. For what a store bought frozen duck cost, it buy lots of fuel for that duck boat.

If I had the disposable income for a boat and all the crap that goes with it I’d buy a truck.
You know the two happiest days in the life of a boat owner, don't you? The day he buys it and the day he sells it.

I've had a boat and an airplane, the plane got more use than the boat. I don't want any toys anymore, the less I have to worry about things breaking down the better.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #14
Patriot1965

BOAT = bust out another thousand.... I learned the hard way not to paddle a canoe solo from the back seat...if you want very stable go with a paddle boat....
Patriot1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #15
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Neither. I'd rather have a small pontoon......say 8 1/2' x 20', with retractable awning, 25 hp motor. No fishing gear allowed. Grill mounted in one corner, cooler mounted in another, curtained area for ladies to 'do their thing', when they go powder their noses, or for people my age, that have the sudden, uncontrollable urge, to need to take a dump.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote