Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #16
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up M1 Socom busting steel at 500 yds. Consistently no problema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARANDNUT View Post
Dont have a socom but I do have a NM Springfield M1A and it is excellent. 308 does not need a 20 inch barrel. Recoil is no issue. The gas system soaks it up nicely and the rifle is heavy.
Should the M1A Have a Scout Scope?

The addition of a scout scope on this Springfield SOCOM 16 CQB rifle made ringing steel at 500 yards relatively easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwYdXPjnAK4

Watch this old boy pop the steel at 500 yds. with no problema with the little guy.
Seem to be holding about 3 ft. high guess? Still have the wallop of its bigger brother? I don't know but I would not want to test it.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #17
graynote

I’d love one of these but I could never justify it for the cash.
graynote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #18
4thIDvet
slug

I bought one I finally broke down and got the dang thing. I told you guys before last time I had one in my hands my thumb was stuck in the bolt and our D.I.s boot was stuck in my ass.
Well I learned a valuable lesson that day long ago. No not my thumb getting stuck that was bad enough. I learned not to scream it attracts D.I.s to the sound and more pain will follow.
"Who is that A hole screaming on my firing line."
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #19
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I bought one I finally broke down and got the dang thing. I told you guys before last time I had one in my hands my thumb was stuck in the bolt and our D.I.s boot was stuck in my ass.
Well I learned a valuable lesson that day long ago. No not my thumb getting stuck that was bad enough. I learned not to scream it attracts D.I.s to the sound and more pain will follow.
"Who is that A hole screaming on my firing line."
Kinda hard to get "Garand Thumb", with the M1A version. Unless you're finger/thumb banging it.

Enjoy it once it arrives.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:17 AM   #20
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
Kinda hard to get "Garand Thumb", with the M1A version. Unless you're finger/thumb banging it.

Enjoy it once it arrives.
Yeah geez Hunter I don't know whatever the dang one yah had to push the rounds down into.
Appears this one has a mag yah feed from the bottom? Wicked great idea I wonder when Garand thought up that one?
Old 12-16-2021, 09:56 AM   #21
dinkydow

I also have a semi auto only, M14 I built on an Armscorp NM marked receiver. It has a Douglas heavy match barrel. Is fully tricked out and resides in a Fajen, laminated, walnut/birch stock.

It shoots quite well and has won matches for me.

Now....it is getting a new...."varmint".....scope with a 30mm barrel and interesting optics. I don't see me competing in any NRA, three position, service rifle matches anymore. So might as well have glass on it.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #22
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I also have a semi auto only, M14 I built on an Armscorp NM marked receiver. It has a Douglas heavy match barrel. Is fully tricked out and resides in a Fajen, laminated, walnut/birch stock.

It shoots quite well and has won matches for me.

Now....it is getting a new...."varmint".....scope with a 30mm barrel and interesting optics. I don't see me competing in any NRA, three position, service rifle matches anymore. So might as well have glass on it.

mine is on the way from PSA to my FFL down here. Please let me know what you get for a scope?
Probably due to not long range here will want a wider field of vision scope with the harsh marks on it for a .308 caliber for bullet drop just incase of a long shot?
Old 12-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #23
Sanders

I put one like this on my FAL. I've rang steel with it out to 775 yards using Indian army surplus.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...d-acss-reticle

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:44 PM   #24
dinkydow

ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
mine is on the way from PSA to my FFL down here. Please let me know what you get for a scope?
Probably due to not long range here will want a wider field of vision scope with the harsh marks on it for a .308 caliber for bullet drop just incase of a long shot?

You need to look at spec sheets for glass and just what various features "mean" to you the shooter. There are some features that might suit your needs and wants...better than others. It is quite easy to spend more money for glass than you did for your weapon. If you have a less than 20" bbl....your accurate range will be declined a bit. You must decide on purchasing ....say Federal 168gr. Match ammo. Or be prepared to become an accuracy and premium bullet consumer nazi. In any case research what your rifle likes best.

My Armscorp m14 was/is optimized for Winchester MATCH spec ammo only. Meaning some NATO spec 7.62x51mm ammo would not allow the bolt to go into battery. How is your new popgun chambered winmatch or NATO?

If it gobbles up NATO spec ammo...like my US RIFLE M14, 7.62 NATO, then a high dollar scope might be money better spent on ammo. You should be able ...if in stock...to be able to purchase a perfectly adequate scope for @ $500.00 or less. Scopes with bullet drop compensation rely on a round with a specified bullet weight and FPS powder load. Also...the bbl length. You have some shopping to do. I would want a 30mm Dia scope tube and a large diameter objective. Just on principal. Light gathering is never a bad thing in distance scope shooting. You gonna do target of opportunity....."varmint" shooting or closer quarter cap busting? Hope I am not "Red pilling" you with TMI. But being the bullseye nazi I have been...I consider everything in my buying...

You will end up buying on spec/cost. A handheld laser rangefinder...a dope book...and a number of different loads...some for wind...etc. are the tools of the distance trade.

Whatever is on sale ammo wise is also a loud voice sometimes.

I found a couple brands of ammo, years ago, that were NATO, and Berdan primed... but guaged nicely for my match chambered popgun....and was VERY consistant bullet strike wise. I bought the fuck out of it...back then. So...kinda like buying shoes.

Sometimes a 3x9 variable scope works just fine. The further a target is away...the more of it gets or becomes...obscured...by the scope hairs themselves. The finer the crosshairs...the more the scope costs...then there is..." how tough is this scope?"

Get your rifle and we will speak more. Also, go online and order SA's scope mt for the M14.

You will need a roll pin punch set and a small hammer to remove and replace the magazine charging guide...with new one...drilled and tapped for your scope mount. The older ones wit the single mounting screw...or OK...but the two screw mt is by FAR superior. IIRC they run about $100.00.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #25
4thIDvet
slug

Smile

super great info thank you. Damn I wish I lived closer to yah up in the north woods.

https://www.amazon.com/Burris-200261..._US&th=1&psc=1

I looked up Scout Scopes on You Tube and holy sheeet I got schooled by a dozen different vids. Long eye relief a must they all say.
Weapon is on the way be a few days for arrival and I will have questions for yah.
Thank yah Brother.