Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.



Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2022, 08:46 AM   #1
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default Long ago.

In a different world. Made a lot of money there, lots of commercial accounts, Stores used to send trucks in loaded with merchandise to be refurbished, We had contracts with just about every electronics manufacturer, GE and RCA were the brands used by School Board and Hotels around town, we had that locked up with the distributor, then the commercial stuff for all the schools and colleges around. Korean and Japs used to come see me about known problems they needed to find an answer for, Sanyo, Sharp, Akai, Pioneer, Panasonic, Canon, Samsung, LG, you name it, we were the one to come to in Miami. Oh well, it also drove me to drink, too much stress, too many employees, too many problems. The day I l liquidated it and shut the doors I stopped drinking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edison..jpg (95.2 KB, 9 views)
__________________

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #2
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,332
Default

A lot of people don’t know that

when you have a business…

It runs you

For better or worse
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:15 AM   #3
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
A lot of people don’t know that

when you have a business…

It runs you

For better or worse
Yes, it does. And to a point to where your health deteriorates.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #4
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

My boys grew up without taking a week long vacation, only long weekends, long hours, long days, sometimes had so much work I had to get the crew to work overtime on Saturdays even if we were closed for customers. I don't miss it one bit.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:22 PM   #5
500grains
Soldier of Allah
 
500grains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Crackerland
Posts: 31,069
Default

The good news: you had customers.
__________________
Racism will keep you alive.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:55 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
The good news: you had customers.
A lot of them but then changes in technology and changes on how manufacturers handled warranty made it difficult to make money, to top it off the school board decided to go for bids on the repairs even as I explained to them you can't bid on something you don't know what's going to take. It just got to be too much, so I closed my accounts, paid off what I owed and shut the doors. Bunch of guys collected unemployment for a while and I went and opened up a real estate office, I was already a R.E. Broker. That was 22-23 years ago. It was really good while it lasted.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:20 PM   #7
500grains
Soldier of Allah
 
500grains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Crackerland
Posts: 31,069
Default

You could have kept it open and switch it over to a money laundering operation for drug gangs. An opportunity missed!
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
You could have kept it open and switch it over to a money laundering operation for drug gangs. An opportunity missed!
That's right or a medicare scam clinic and steal millions of the government. Oh well I missed the opportunity.

Talking about Medicare scam, I had a lady come to me once who wanted to sell her house, it turned out her husband was running from the feds but she didn't tell me, when I looked up the deed I found out, him and his brothers had scammed the government of 40M Dollars and took a helicopter into Dominican Republic bought property there but when the feds found them they wound up in Cuba, anyhow she tells me he quit claim deed the property to her at some point, she gives me a deed with "his signature", so I went to the original mortgage papers and compared signatures...no fucking way he signed that, I told her I couldn't take the case. Sure enough the IRS came and kicked her out of the house and sold it at auction, beautiful home on a lake about two blocks from my house. I don't do anything dirty my friend, I'm already wealthy from working hard, don't need to get into trouble.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:00 PM   #9
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

Oh, I remember another guy whose daughter was in my daughter's school, he asked me to find him a couple places suitable for medical buildings, He had a Rolex President on his wrist and drove an Escalade, so yes, he had money, I asked him if he was a doctor..."No, no, I just set clinics up and have doctors working there"...kind of strange but anything is possible, we never did any business together but a couple years down the road him, his wife and son, all went to jail for Medicare Scam and lost everything they had.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:42 AM   #10
500grains
Soldier of Allah
 
500grains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Crackerland
Posts: 31,069
Default

I hear the electric wheelchair business for the fatties on the government dole (seen shopping at Wal Mart) can be quite profitable.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:57 AM   #11
44044
slug
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: swampeastmissouri
Posts: 48,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Oh, I remember another guy whose daughter was in my daughter's school, he asked me to find him a couple places suitable for medical buildings, He had a Rolex President on his wrist and drove an Escalade, so yes, he had money, I asked him if he was a doctor..."No, no, I just set clinics up and have doctors working there"...kind of strange but anything is possible, we never did any business together but a couple years down the road him, his wife and son, all went to jail for Medicare Scam and lost everything they had.
He forgot...

25% for the DNC and 10% for Joe
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:32 AM   #12
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

Or i can always go back to school and get my JD….
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:27 PM   #13
RTO
Moderator
 
RTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Flarda
Posts: 28,449
Default

Aviator, you reminded me of how we operated in the car audio business in the beginning of our company, early 70s. We were a warranty station for all of the domestic car manufacturer's radios and did repairs for all of NE Florida and SE Georgia. We repaired Delco, Philco, Motorola, Chrysler and a few others. Eventually we warranty repaired equipment for Fujitsu, Panasonic, Hitachi, Pioneer and a few other import car manufacturers. Also we did repairs for retail customers. The repair part of the business was a giant headache, lots and lots of paperwork done by hand back then. Cross referencing warranty claims to get paid and having to deal with the car dealerships really was a pain in the ass.

The day that we didn't need to do factory warranties to survive was a blessing.
__________________
3

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #14
aviator
unum de multis
 
aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bunker's Headquarters.
Posts: 48,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTO View Post
Aviator, you reminded me of how we operated in the car audio business in the beginning of our company, early 70s. We were a warranty station for all of the domestic car manufacturer's radios and did repairs for all of NE Florida and SE Georgia. We repaired Delco, Philco, Motorola, Chrysler and a few others. Eventually we warranty repaired equipment for Fujitsu, Panasonic, Hitachi, Pioneer and a few other import car manufacturers. Also we did repairs for retail customers. The repair part of the business was a giant headache, lots and lots of paperwork done by hand back then. Cross referencing warranty claims to get paid and having to deal with the car dealerships really was a pain in the ass.

The day that we didn't need to do factory warranties to survive was a blessing.
I know, you mentioned it befor, long time ago, we were in the same business, reckon that's why you were an RTO, no? I had the shop computerized as soon as I found the right software to do those NARDA forms, technicians just entered the part numbers on a work order and at the end of the month we printed everything out to each manufactureer.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #15
RTO
Moderator
 
RTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Flarda
Posts: 28,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I know, you mentioned it befor, long time ago, we were in the same business, reckon that's why you were an RTO, no? I had the shop computerized as soon as I found the right software to do those NARDA forms, technicians just entered the part numbers on a work order and at the end of the month we printed everything out to each manufactureer.
I was trained as a communication center specialist in the army and did that while in Germany. After I got to Vietnam my MOS was changed to RTO. So with my commo background when I got out I found work with electronics after trying a few other jobs.
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.