Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:22 PM   #1
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Default Found a stray kitten

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
Sanders

It's grinning!

My mom just wound with a litter of stray kittens - 4 altogether that her hound dog corralled beside the house. There were 5, but she and my niece couldn't catch the 5th. Don't know what a litter of kittens were doing wandering around the desert out there. Probably got dumped. They are luckiest kittens around, as coyotes are thick down there and cats don't last long at all.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:36 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

Look at that baby.

Right after one of the hurricanes I had all the sliding glass doors open (no AC) and a baby one wandered into the house. I've never seen my wife jump so fast so high to stand on the couch.That was funny.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:56 PM   #4
Sanders

My wife has been watching videos someone posts of their pet possum and now she wants one. I told her they carry leprosy, but I think I got them mixed up with armadillos.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:03 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
My wife has been watching videos someone posts of their pet possum and now she wants one. I told her they carry leprosy, but I think I got them mixed up with armadillos.
Armadillos do.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:01 PM   #6
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Unhappy

I have always liked possums a lot. I grew up on the edge of the country and we had wildlife galore, including those pogo critters.

I had a juvenile one visiting me last summer when I was sitting on my patio. I saw her-him several times until my neighbor's Rottweiler caught & killed it.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Good man GBob.
My youth I had pet racoons, skunks 'little guys', possum, squirrels, duck, on and on.
Animals will when your not trying to hurt them like the dang pain in the ass bears around here. They must be teaching their babies the way of the wild because they have not been around?
Trying to remember the quote I just read?

"If animals are not as smart as humans why do they choose the smartest one in the pack to lead them?"
Old 05-11-2022, 05:23 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9I_QvEXDv0

Koko's Tribute to Robin Williams

Koko watched Dr. Rogers everyday so they brought him to meet her.

https://www.popsugar.com/news/Koko-G...ideos-44969241
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #9
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

A number of years ago I read a passage from somebody whose name I've since forgotten but I respected at the time.

"You can tell a lot about a man's character by the way he lays his hands on animals".

I think we know what kind of man GBob is.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:26 PM   #10
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
A number of years ago I read a passage from somebody whose name I've since forgotten but I respected at the time.

"You can tell a lot about a man's character by the way he lays his hands on animals".

I think we know what kind of man GBob is.
Well thank you for the kind word. Truth be told I'd rather spend my time with animals than most people that I run into.
I just happened to be moving this one from my back porch. He was most likely getting a meal of cat food when my dogs cornered him. I moved him out behind the woodpile and out of reach. Figured my small patch of woods belonged to the critters long before my house was built here, and I try to be respectful of that.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:07 PM   #11
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post

That is my view on life.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

I'm Ok with them as long as they leave my tomatoes alone but they will eat anything, rats, eggs, garbage, fruit, they are like the Chinese.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #13
RetVet
Statistical Error

Cross between a cat and a rat
Old 05-12-2022, 09:53 PM   #14
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Cross between a cat and a rat
And still cuter than most liberal chicks
Old 05-23-2022, 11:21 AM   #15
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

I once caught a opossum in my dog proof trap I set to catch the racoon that killed my chickens. My son held it down with a broom while I let it go. I was surprised at how passive the poor thing was. It just laid there while I release the spring then it ran of unhurt. I did trap and kill the biggest coon I have ever seen; don't know if it was the culprit but I caught it moving through at the exact time all of my chickens were killed.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote