Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-27-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default Sig Sauer 1911's.....

Anyone have one? The reviews are favorable.

I love the 1911 platform (I have 2 Springfield Armory 1911's), and love the performance of the Sig Sauer pistols we have. Both have proven to be reliable enough, for daily carry.

Just for the heck of it, I was perusing 1911's today, and found this...... What a beautiful 1911! I want one.
https://www.sigsauer.com/1911-stx-full-size.html

I'm off to find youtube videos of reviews of them, and stuff.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

I have one. Haven't shot it enough to give much useful feedback. It is one very well made pistol and the trigger pull is smooth as glass.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
I have one. Haven't shot it enough to give much useful feedback. It is one very well made pistol and the trigger pull is smooth as glass.
Thank you. Any info is useful though. Do you have this specific model?

I'm pretty sure this will cost me more than my SA 'Loaded' model did ($800, 10-11 years ago).
Old 05-28-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
RetVet
Statistical Error

It's an all black Tacops model with tritium sights, the beveled type of magwell to speed reloading, adjustable trigger. I got it from a former coworker who has an FFL and took it in on trade for a fraction of the original price, new and unfired. Think it cost me maybe $650 with original hard case and 4 mags.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...2.cfm/ID/98522
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #5
twin50

That website appears to have some decent in stock items with prices. Good looking piece.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:58 PM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have one. Pretty good firearm.

Sig 1911 by John Danley, on Flickr
Old 06-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #7
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post

That is a nice looking piece there.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #8
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

I will only buy SIG 1911 mags. I have had real good luck with them and the price is not bad for a great mag.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:47 PM   #9
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

That's a nice looking Sig 1911 Pogo! I'm curious about the flat trigger. After seeing your pic, I remembered Sig's have the external extractor, and yours has a rail. I'm kind of a 1911 'purist' (aka, the way JMB designed them).

While I highly doubt I'll ever own a 1911 with a rail, can anyone enlighten me on the Pros & Cons of Internal and External Extractors?
Old 06-06-2021, 11:44 AM   #10
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
That's a nice looking Sig 1911 Pogo! I'm curious about the flat trigger. After seeing your pic, I remembered Sig's have the external extractor, and yours has a rail. I'm kind of a 1911 'purist' (aka, the way JMB designed them).

While I highly doubt I'll ever own a 1911 with a rail, can anyone enlighten me on the Pros & Cons of Internal and External Extractors?
From what I've read, JMB wanted the external extractor on the 1911, but the Army didn't. Which is why the Hi-Power wound up with an external extractor. The Hi-Power is apparently the crowning jewel of what JMB wanted a semi-auto pistol to be.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:18 PM   #11
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
From what I've read, JMB wanted the external extractor on the 1911, but the Army didn't. Which is why the Hi-Power wound up with an external extractor. The Hi-Power is apparently the crowning jewel of what JMB wanted a semi-auto pistol to be.
I did not know that. Thank you.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #12
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
I have three original style 1911s. Two Colts and a WWII A1 made by Remington Rand.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:22 PM   #13
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
I have three original style 1911s. Two Colts and a WWII A1 made by Remington Rand.
A Remington Rand 1911A1.........ONE of the Holy Grail's of 1911's. A US&S or Singer would beat out a RR. Sadly, those very rarely come on the market for auction.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #14
dinkydow

I have a number of 1911's . One is a Remington Rand. I had MANY of them before shit happened and I needed the cash to keep a couple of roofs over my head. The unissued condition Colt 1911, government property marked,....in the original NRA..purchase program box from 1955, and all the paperwork....went with it. Yep 1911....not an A1.

That hurt the most to sell.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:56 AM   #15
BillyDBerger

Quote:

I had the same model as
Pogo. Super accurate and are Wolf steel cases just fine. Used Tripp mags. Regret selling it and have tried to buy it back multiple times.
BillyDBerger is offline   Reply With Quote