View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Exitwound
Red Blooded American

Thumbs up "Mil-Dot Master"

I found something that looks like it would be of great use to anyone who prefers the mildot reticle.

Quote:
"The Mildot Master® is an analog calculator designed along the principle of a slide rule, utilizing logarithmic and inverse logarithmic scales developed specifically for performing the following operations:

Rapid and simple calculation of range to target, based on a measurement of the target with a mildot reticle, by aligning the estimated target size directly opposite the mildot measurement, and then reading the range at an index mark.

Rapid and simple calculation of the amount of sight correction necessary to compensate for bullet drop and/or wind drift for a given range, enabling the shooter to determine either the equivalent telescopic sight adjustment (minute-of-angle, or MOA) or the equivalent hold-over (mils), by reading equivalents in both MOA and mils directly opposite the bullet drop/wind drift figure.

Additionally, angle of fire for uphill or downhill shots can be accurately measured, and the up/down compensation can be closely calculated to reduce the errors such shots can induce."
http://www.mildot.com/index.htm

I think it's about $29. I read some reviews and it looks like a good product. I'm going to order one when I finally settle on a scope for my M1A.