Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
buzgun
slug

gun Buffalo brothers custom handgun grips

I was looking for some pimptastic grips for my SAA clone and found a company called Buffalo Brothers...It turned out they are located not far from where i live so i drove out to their factory and a very nice husband and wife team make these grips and showed me literally dozens of different options of faux ivory, stag horn, pearl , ebony etc etc........they have scores of color combinations, faux cracks, antiquing and streaking finish options on these grips.......i chose the faux ivory American liberty eagle in old ivory antique finish for my gun.......they look very close to real aged ivory and were only $75.00

Believe it or not the lady half of the husband and wife team applied the finish on my grips with a oxy/acetylene torch and cotton buffing wheel as i stood there and watched her......very impressed with the operation.

The grips come as 2 separate panels that you epoxy together with a included middle spacer that they provide.....I coated the metal frame of the pistol with grease and then epoxied it together with JB Weld quick and held it together with rubber bands as it dried....the next day i sanded the grips to fit the frame with a dremel tool sanding drum and that was about all there was too it.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Sanders

Looks good!

Does the carving give you a better grip? I know that's what I read they are supposed to do, besides look pretty.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Looks good!

Does the carving give you a better grip? I know that's what I read they are supposed to do, besides look pretty.
i shot the gun yesterday and it has a much different feel than the smooth one piece walnut grips.....i guess it does grip my hand better because of the raised eagle.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
buzgun
slug

gun

I asked their permission to bring the revolver with me so i could evaluate which grips i thought looked best on it and so they could pick me out a set of their grips that fit my revolvers frame.....i was very glad i did because Buffalo brothers has to make several different sizes of grip panels because of the extreme size variation of not only the replica colts...but the real colts as well.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote