Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:11 AM   #16
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Guess what's for dinner tonight?
Can I come over?
Old 02-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #17
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Can I come over?
Fire that jet up and I'll meet you at Jeff City.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #18
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Fire that jet up and I'll meet you at Jeff City.

Brian
Hey Sanders, keep adding to it, you've got two incoming.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #19
Sanders

Quote:
Hey Sanders, keep adding to it, you've got two incoming.
Heh! Come on over! Someone bring some more beer, though. I only have a couple left.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #20
aviator
unum de multis

How did it come out?
Old 02-09-2020, 08:42 AM   #21
Sanders

Quote:
How did it come out?
Came out great! Besides the changes I made above, I put too much chicken in it (although it didn't hurt the recipe at all) and I also used Kitchen Basics seafood stock instead of chicken stock. I was afraid the seafood stock might overtake the flavor profile, but it didn't, especially because I wound up a little light on the shrimp because my wife kept snacking on them before I could get them into the pot.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #22
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Came out great! Besides the changes I made above, I put too much chicken in it (although it didn't hurt the recipe at all) and I also used Kitchen Basics seafood stock instead of chicken stock. I was afraid the seafood stock might overtake the flavor profile, but it didn't, especially because I wound up a little light on the shrimp because my wife kept snacking on them before I could get them into the pot.
The only time I use seafood stock is when cooking a large paella, I use chicken stock for everything else.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #23
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Smile

I loves me some hot, Cajun jambalaya. Crawfish etoufee (sp?) with wild rice as well.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #24
But Its A Dry Heat

Damn this thread is making me hungry and sounds really good.
But Its A Dry Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #25
flashy
Omicron cocksman

My parents are at Mardi Gras now on a RV trip, wonder how the food is.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #26
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
My parents are at Mardi Gras now on a RV trip, wonder how the food is.
When I was there a few years ago, I couldn't find anything worth a crap. It was all basically "no spices" "Cajun food" - for the tourists. I have a higher tolerance for spicy foods than most folks - white or otherwise - but I would still like to at least feel a little bite to my Cajun food.

Best jambalaya I had on that trip was when we were driving back home and spent the night in Austin, TX. Wife and I picked a place near the hotel and it turned out to have outstanding food - not only great jambalaya, but they cooked their steaks perfect to the point the meat just melted in your mouth.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #27
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
When I was there a few years ago, I couldn't find anything worth a crap. It was all basically "no spices" "Cajun food" - for the tourists. I have a higher tolerance for spicy foods than most folks - white or otherwise - but I would still like to at least feel a little bite to my Cajun food.

Best jambalaya I had on that trip was when we were driving back home and spent the night in Austin, TX. Wife and I picked a place near the hotel and it turned out to have outstanding food - not only great jambalaya, but they cooked their steaks perfect to the point the meat just melted in your mouth.
You have to get off the beaten path for the good food.

Brian
Old 02-22-2020, 11:14 PM   #28
Sanders

Quote:
You have to get off the beaten path for the good food.

Brian
On that same trip, I was looking for Mississippi hot tamales. I'd heard of them, but never had eaten them, me being used to Mexican tamales, I wanted to taste the difference. Never found a tamale stand in Mississippi, but I stopped for gas on the way back through New Orleans and looked over and saw a Mississippi hot tamale stand! So, I pulled up to it after filling up the gas tank and visited with the folks and bought some of their tamales. Quite different than the ones I am used to. They were spicy, but quite greasy and wrapped in paper instead of corn husks. Kind of reminded me of Hormel tamales in the can, but with some spice to them.

It's funny how difficult it can be to find good "local" foods, sometimes.

In Germany, it was a lot easier to find an Italian restaurant than a German one. Probably easier now to find a kebab joint than any of them, now.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #29
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
On that same trip, I was looking for Mississippi hot tamales. I'd heard of them, but never had eaten them, me being used to Mexican tamales, I wanted to taste the difference. Never found a tamale stand in Mississippi, but I stopped for gas on the way back through New Orleans and looked over and saw a Mississippi hot tamale stand! So, I pulled up to it after filling up the gas tank and visited with the folks and bought some of their tamales. Quite different than the ones I am used to. They were spicy, but quite greasy and wrapped in paper instead of corn husks. Kind of reminded me of Hormel tamales in the can, but with some spice to them.

It's funny how difficult it can be to find good "local" foods, sometimes.

In Germany, it was a lot easier to find an Italian restaurant than a German one. Probably easier now to find a kebab joint than any of them, now.
I know they used to dye a lot of the hot dogs red. Don't know if they still do that, but sometimes you couldn't tell the red hots from the regular hot dogs.

Brian
Old 02-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #30
baboon
slug

Quote:
I know they used to dye a lot of the hot dogs red. Don't know if they still do that, but sometimes you couldn't tell the red hots from the regular hot dogs.

Brian
Here in Texas Red Dyed Sausages are popular with the groids!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote