Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
baboon
slug

Default NFA Transfer Tax Increase and more

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... %5D%7D&r=1

H. R. 5103

If any increase under paragraph (1) is not a multiple of $10, such increase shall be rounded to the next lowest multiple of $10.”.
(b) INCREASE IN TRANSFER TAX ON FIREARMS.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Subsection (a) of section 5811 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended—
(A) by striking “$200” and inserting “$500”; and
(B) by striking “$5” and inserting “$100”.
(2) ADJUSTMENT FOR INFLATION.—Section 5811 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
“(d) ADJUSTMENT FOR INFLATION.—In the case of any taxable year beginning in a calendar year after 2019, each dollar amount in subsection (a) shall be increased by an amount equal to—
“(1) such dollar amount, multiplied by
“(2) the cost-of-living adjustment determined under section 1(f)(3) for the calendar year in which the taxable year begins, determined by substituting ‘calendar year 2018’ for ‘calendar year 2016’ in subparagraph (A)(ii) thereof.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
Railbuggy

We need to Trump the NFA rules.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

ADJUSTMENT FOR INFLATION......what the fuck math they using ...why is that not on my SSN and military checks.....adjustment like that...they give me $3 or some shit and tell me I'm all good...WTF....

.....must be that common core math mullatoo was pushing....

...bastards......

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbuggy View Post
We need to Trump the NFA rules.
Fuck that! The NFA laws are fine the way they currently are in my book! My guess the reason they want the increase now is because a bunch of devilcraps learned about it while people were pushing the Hearing Proctaction act ! Another thought is this increase is in regards to bumpstocks becoming NFA.

The NFA has been a great investment for me.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
Diesel 88888888
slug

No Commies

I've never owned a registered firearm and when I sold my two gun stores I took the books with me...have no idea what happened to them. In any case, laws are for people that need laws and there are many, however, no Citizen ought to be so encumbered and abused or have to disclose his arms to others...it's just part of being a free man, and no unarmed man is free, just treading water and pretending!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Trade an increase in NFA fees for repeal of the Hughes Amendment.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:39 AM   #7
baboon
slug

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/disp...darticles=3321
Old 03-14-2018, 05:27 AM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Very informative article boon thank you.

"here were about 54 filings on 1 November, numerous ones in October 1968, quite a few later than 2 December if they were able to show hardship in filing, and the registration and processing of forms continued on into the 1970s- one particular case I was told of was a CIA field agent who had been in ‘Nam from early 1968 until 1971, and he forced the issue so that his collection was registered under the Amnesty

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/disp...darticles=3321

I had access to numerous AKs during my military years with the happy switch I could have mailed back. Guys were breaking them down and shipping I did not. I wonder if any of them knew of that C.I.A. agents circumstances?
Article gives hints at maybe cutting some corners and letting vets register that AK in the attic? I really really doubt it after recent sad events.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #9
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

This is the same House bill that has a 20% tax on firearms and 50% tax on ammo. Hopefully it won't go anywhere.

“(1) Articles taxable at 20 percent:
“(A) Pistols.
“(B) Revolvers.
“(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
“(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.
“(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.”.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #10
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

I have a few items I want to Form 1 as DD's. I should get my ass in gear and do it.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #11
Sanders

So, it would make a $500 suppressor into a $1,000 item instead of a $700 item?

I believe the increase is more likely aimed at the suppressor market, than anything else. If I were on the fence about one, the extra $300 could kill the idea.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

I think the $200 fee has been around since NFA was enacted in 1934. I recall reading one time the feds came up with that figure because it's about what a new Thompson SMG sold for back in the early 30's.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #13
Railbuggy

About $4000 today.
https://www.saving.org/inflation/inf...=100&year=1934

I see a 232 dollar increase between 2010 and 2018. My damn SSDI check didn't go up that much.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #14
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
I think the $200 fee has been around since NFA was enacted in 1934. I recall reading one time the feds came up with that figure because it's about what a new Thompson SMG sold for back in the early 30's.
My Grandfather purchased his Thompson SMG, in 1929 from Sears Roebuck & Co. I remember him telling me he paid $250.00 for it. He also purchased his first new car that year, a 1929 Ford Model A, four door sedan. He still was driving the Ford up into the late 1950's and I remember going places in it many times. My Grandma pissed and moaned about him having any guns in the house...because, "Jesus did not like guns"...an shit.... Grandma was a hellfire and brimstone Baptist. So his Thompson and a shotgun he used for deer and turkey...had to go.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #15
RetVet
Statistical Error

Turning rights into pay to play privileges, one legislative infringement at a time.