Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #16
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
What is with the "key chain" term? Is that like a not quite so subtle hint that's its only a key chain novelty or does it have some use in the end?
That 3 round burst was the best thing since sliced bread for our military. No more pissed off tree tops.
I researched how it works its kind of like a gear wheel that stops on 3. Pretty ingenious people invented that.
My M16 is burst marked but not installed. I did pick up the Colt parts but never installed them. My finger can do burst just fine. Bother my H&K's have burst lowers . It makes the G3K very controllable.

I think you figured out the key chain on your own.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #17
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
What is with the "key chain" term? Is that like a not quite so subtle hint that's its only a key chain novelty or does it have some use in the end?
That 3 round burst was the best thing since sliced bread for our military. No more pissed off tree tops.
I researched how it works its kind of like a gear wheel that stops on 3. Pretty ingenious people invented that.
While it sounded like a good idea at the time, the 3 round burst was stupid in practice.

I was issued an M16A2 3-4 months before I got out. The way that burst mechanism works is that you have to hold it down for it to go all the way around. If you let up and only do a 2 round burst, when you pull the trigger again, you get a single shot. Then you release the trigger and pull it again to get the next full burst. It made room clearing exercises pretty inconsistent, when you want to follow your frag into the room with a full mag dump on auto.

It was really not a good idea in practice. Best thing to do was just teach the troops trigger discipline on automatic fire.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #18
4thIDvet
slug

Interesting thank you. It came out well after I was out. Well it sounded good anyway.
Like I have posted before about going full with the M-16. If your standing up holding on its fine and relatively controllable. Now if one lays down with Mr. bad guy shooting at yah and you stretch your arms out to shoot unless your built like Merc your going for the tree tops.
Either that or ask your bud to sit on the damn thing for yah.
Semi controlled fire is the way to go unless yah just want to scare the bejeusus out of them.