Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 10-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
billt

Default Tisas Regent (Browning Hi-Power Clone)

I've been reading nothing but good about this pistol since it came out. Brownell's has them in stock in both black, as well as Stainless Steel. It's not hard Chrome plated like the FN Browning's, but rather a full Stainless Steel pistol. As you know Browning has discontinued the Hi-Power. So this Turkish clone by Tisas is the only one of it's kind in current production in Stainless Steel. (They also offer a model in black Cerakote for slightly less).

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...7cMake_3=Tisas

It arrived yesterday at my FFL, and I immediately drove over to pick it up. This is a beautiful gun! Especially for it's modest price of only $569.00. (Brownell's charged a $10.00 handling fee, and my FFL charged $30.00 for the transfer). So the grand total was $609.00 to get it from Brownell's to my kitchen table. Not too bad for a Stainless Steel Hi-Power.

Overall I'm very impressed. The machining and workmanship is impeccable. Very few tool marks on the inside of the slide and frame, and a nice slide to frame fit. The overall fit and finish on the pistol is beautiful! The gun field stripped very easily. It comes with 2, 13 round, polished blue Mec-Gar magazines. They interchanged with all of the other magazines I have for my other 2 Hi-Powers.

I gave everything a good cleaning and oiling. Except for the slide rails, which I greased with Weapon Shield Lithium Grease. It went back together without a hitch. I'm hoping to get it out to the range next week, assuming everything dries out. (It's been raining cats and dogs here for the last several days).

I ordered the Tisas BR9 Hi-Power Essential Reliability Kit from BH Springs Solutions. It gives you an extra extractor, and firing pin face plate. The kit also contains new springs and various roll pins required for installation. It's a good kit with quality parts that's nice to have on hand. I intend to shoot the hell out of this thing, so having a few extra parts for it in stock can't hurt. They could also come in handy for my other 2 Hi-Powers, should any small parts go south. Some of the very early production models of these guns had some issues with extractor breakage. But those were supposedly corrected, and these newer models are good to go.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/tisas-...ntial-kit.html

If any of you guys are wanting a Hi-Power, but waited too long, and don't want to pay the high prices being asked for the used one's, don't be afraid to grab one of these. Quite honestly, for the price, I just don't see how you can go wrong. If this thing shoots half as good as it looks, I'll be a happy camper. Here are a few quick and dirty phone pics.

billt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

Please give us a range report when you get there. Looks nice though.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
bill3542

nice looking pistol... i have one of the FEG PJK-9HP Hungarian Browning Hi-Power clones that was imported many years back, price back then was 250 bucks plus taxes and transfer fees.

great pistol, anything that fits a Browning Hi-Power works with this including the the South American KRD 15 round mags.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
Sanders

Nicer than the Browning licensed, Argentine made FM Hi Power I bought for my wife. It goes bang when I pull the trigger, but it is not the nicest copy on the market.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #5
cerberus
Dud

I've got an FEG, a Charles Daly HiPower, a F/N WWII bringback, and twenty-some years ago my wife gave me a 'Made-in-Belgium', Hard-Silver-Nickle Browning with Gold trigger and hammer and Pachmayr wraparound grips for Christmas.
All four of these guns are wonderful shooters and never a hiccup.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #6
billt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
I've got an FEG, a Charles Daly HiPower, a F/N WWII bringback, and twenty-some years ago my wife gave me a 'Made-in-Belgium', Hard-Silver-Nickle Browning with Gold trigger and hammer and Pachmayr wraparound grips for Christmas.
All four of these guns are wonderful shooters and never a hiccup.
cerberus
Those were nice guns. They never should have quit making that model.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I've been reading nothing but good about this pistol since it came out. Brownell's has them in stock in both black, as well as Stainless Steel. It's not hard Chrome plated like the FN Browning's, but rather a full Stainless Steel pistol. As you know Browning has discontinued the Hi-Power. So this Turkish clone by Tisas is the only one of it's kind in current production in Stainless Steel. (They also offer a model in black Cerakote for slightly less).

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...7cMake_3=Tisas

It arrived yesterday at my FFL, and I immediately drove over to pick it up. This is a beautiful gun! Especially for it's modest price of only $569.00. (Brownell's charged a $10.00 handling fee, and my FFL charged $30.00 for the transfer). So the grand total was $609.00 to get it from Brownell's to my kitchen table. Not too bad for a Stainless Steel Hi-Power.

Overall I'm very impressed. The machining and workmanship is impeccable. Very few tool marks on the inside of the slide and frame, and a nice slide to frame fit. The overall fit and finish on the pistol is beautiful! The gun field stripped very easily. It comes with 2, 13 round, polished blue Mec-Gar magazines. They interchanged with all of the other magazines I have for my other 2 Hi-Powers.

I gave everything a good cleaning and oiling. Except for the slide rails, which I greased with Weapon Shield Lithium Grease. It went back together without a hitch. I'm hoping to get it out to the range next week, assuming everything dries out. (It's been raining cats and dogs here for the last several days).

I ordered the Tisas BR9 Hi-Power Essential Reliability Kit from BH Springs Solutions. It gives you an extra extractor, and firing pin face plate. The kit also contains new springs and various roll pins required for installation. It's a good kit with quality parts that's nice to have on hand. I intend to shoot the hell out of this thing, so having a few extra parts for it in stock can't hurt. They could also come in handy for my other 2 Hi-Powers, should any small parts go south. Some of the very early production models of these guns had some issues with extractor breakage. But those were supposedly corrected, and these newer models are good to go.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/tisas-...ntial-kit.html

If any of you guys are wanting a Hi-Power, but waited too long, and don't want to pay the high prices being asked for the used one's, don't be afraid to grab one of these. Quite honestly, for the price, I just don't see how you can go wrong. If this thing shoots half as good as it looks, I'll be a happy camper. Here are a few quick and dirty phone pics.

You made a good choice. Tisas guns are well built and shoot great.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
dinkydow

THAT...is a nice looking gat.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #9
billt

Tisas Regent Range Report, (400 Rounds)

I got to the range early this morning with the new Stainless Tisas Regent, and gave it a good workout with a total of 400 rounds of various ammunition fed through no less than 6 different magazines. I am happy to report the pistol performed flawlessly. Not a single FTF or FTE, or any type of hiccup of any kind!

Needless to say I was extremely pleased. The 6 magazines that were used were as follows. 2 original Browning Phosphate coated 13 round magazines, with the, "springy thingy" at the bottom, to assist in kicking the magazine clear of the gun. 2 gloss blued 13 round Mec-Gar magazines that were shipped with the pistol. And 2 gloss blued 15 round Mec-Gar magazines that were new in the box.

The magazines were all filled to capacity, and all fed flawlessly in the pistol, regardless of the type of ammunition they contained. With the exception of the Phosphate coated Browning magazines with the spring assist, they did not drop free when released. But all were very easily removed from the pistol when empty. All 6 magazines locked the slide back when the last round was fired.

The ammunition used was as follows. 100 rounds of CCI 115 gr. FMJ Blazer Brass. 100 rounds of Remington brown boxed 115 grain law enforcement training ammunition. (This ammo was the hottest 115 gr. FMJ Ball I've ever shot). 100 rounds of Federal 124 gr. FMJ. And finally 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr. 9BPLE +P+ Hollow Points.

All 400 rounds cycled the pistol perfectly. 4 magazines, (2, 13 round Browning's, and 2, 13 round Mec-Gar's), were shot rapid fire as fast as the trigger could be pulled. "Mag dumps", if you will. This was with the Federal 9BPLE, and was done to test rapid fire functioning. All 4 magazines fed perfectly. The brass was ejected cleanly and about 6 to 7 feet to the right, and 3 feet to the rear, in a nice neat 3 to 4 foot circle. I examined the cases as I gathered them and returned them to the box, and none showed any signs if denting or damage. I would call the extractor on this gun perfect. No problems with it what so ever.

All shooting was done at 25 yards. The sights were adjusted perfectly, printing dead center with a 6 O'clock hold. The gun was warm, but was allowed a substantial amount of time to cool as all 6 magazines were reloaded. The trigger was slightly gritty for the first 100 rounds or so. But it smoothed out nicely as the shooting progressed. And after the last box of ammo went through the gun, it was breaking cleanly and very crisp after a minimum amount of take up.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased with this pistol. It ran with 100% reliability for 400 rounds. With a good variety of different types of 9 MM ammunition. As you can tell from the picture, the gun got quite filthy after 400 rounds. But after a field stripping, and a good cleaning in Kerosene, followed by a good blow drying and re lubrication, it was as clean as when removed from the box.

I'm going to pick up another one of these pistols. I just don't think for the price you can beat them. They are well made, reliable, accurate, and very nice looking pistols. And with Browning ending Hi-Power production, these are as nice of a clone as you're likely to come across.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

Good deal, yes, get another one, that one got dirty, you can give it to me. LOL.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #11
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
THAT...is a nice looking gat.
GAT/ WTF, are you George Raft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Good deal, yes, get another one, that one got dirty,
Dirty? So what? It's STAINLESS. He can run it under hot water.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #12
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Good deal, yes, get another one, that one got dirty, you can give it to me. LOL.
HA!

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #13
Legion489
Dud

$570 for a stainless Hi-Power (so named because at the time 13 rounds of 9mm was considered as "hi power"!). Unfortunately the Hi-Power does not last long when fired a lot. That is why IPSC shooters do not use it. The Browning web-site used to have that on their web site, might still be there for all I know. Read the gunsmithing the Hi-Power books, they mention that too.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote