Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default Do NOT play with coral snakes.

Alabama man paralyzed, 'fighting for his life' after coral snake bite, family says

An Alabama man who was recently bitten by a venomous coral snake is now "fighting for his life," his family said.

A coral snake, considered to be one of the most venomous species of snake in North America, recently bit Jeffrey Phillips outside his Gilbertown, Alabama home.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/0...mily-says.html

Talk about stupid this frigging idiot picked it up and was playing with the snake. I think? it is about the deadliest snake in the U.S.?
While not common here you don't have to look hard to find them. Think their in the Cobra family of snakes venom wise?
Very very non aggressive docile snakes. They don't strike but have to bite and chew to inject their venom. Almost unheard of for people to get bit unless like this frigging idiot yah pick the poor guy up and pet it.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
S. Fisher

Guy must have forgot the rhyme or had never heard it.
Red touch yellow, kills a fellow
Red touch black venom lack
Might have mistaken it for a scarlet king snake. The easiest way to tell is that coral snakes always have a black nose, the look alikes don't.
Then again in this day and age the guy is probably just a moron
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Yes Red and Yellow kill a fellow. Sadly people here kill the harmless poor little guy King Snakes. I have come across Coral snakes several times and they move so dang slow and are so docile you would almost have to be a total idiot to get bit.
Now our 6 foot Eastern Diamond Back yah don't want to be picking up. They hang about a half mile east of me here guess our development spooked em out?
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
RTO

Coral snakes like my property. I see them once in a while and when I have nothing in my hands to kill them.

My dog alerted me to one that was swallowing a ring neck snake. By the time I went to grab a shovel and got back it had left the scene dinner and all.

There was a coral snake that got run over and killed on the road in front of the house, it measured a little over 30". That was the largest one that any of us in the hood had ever seen.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #5
A.J.
Dud

There are no poisonous snakes to speak of hee in Michigan. That said, you wouldn't catch me picking snakes up just for the hell of it. Very dumb move. Wonder if the guy will live? If so, is the paralysis permanent?
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

How deadly is the coral snake?
Coral snakes are small, vibrantly colored, highly venomous snakes. They have the second-strongest venom of any snake (the black mamba has the most deadly venom), but they are generally considered less dangerous than rattlesnakes because coral snakes have a less effective poison-delivery system.Dec 16, 2014

Chews on its prey
Luckily, bites by shy coral snakes account for fewer than 1 percent of U.S. snakebites, and antivenin is not always needed
. Only one human coral snake death has been reported in the more than 40 years antivenin has been available in the U.S.
Without it, deaths are about 10 percent of those bitten, according to an online eMedicine article.

https://www.chron.com/news/health/ar...in-1695712.php

Not sure I believe it to be second deadly only to the Black Mamba but so says the article? I think the anti venom is not needed as the Coral has to chew for a bit while injecting its venom? So don't stand their and watch him chew.
So amount of venom must matter? The idiot in the OP got chewed on on both frigging hands.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
There are no poisonous snakes to speak of hee in Michigan. That said, you wouldn't catch me picking snakes up just for the hell of it. Very dumb move. Wonder if the guy will live? If so, is the paralysis permanent?

No poisonous in the UP, but the Eastern Massasauga rattlesnake is in the lower peninsula. I've seen them while camping in Pigeon River Country State Forest NE of Gaylord.

In Indiana we have the Copperhead, Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake, Timber Rattlesnake, and the Cottonmouth Water Moccasin in the SW area of the state.