Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Gus

Default More photos of my Yugo M70’s

More photos of my Yugo M70’s … I may build new Walnut upper and lower forearms for both rifles but other than that there the way I want them. (I’m happy)

Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Zane Zackerly
The Mad Messenger

That's just a grenade launcher sight but not a gas cutoff like on the M59/66 SKS, right?
Zane Zackerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane Zackerly
That's just a grenade launcher sight but not a gas cutoff like on the M59/66 SKS, right?
It's both a grenade launcher sight and a gas cutoff
Old 03-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
SalBO
Gun Refinishing Monkey

very nice, beautiful........I just got a M-70 underfolder kit from Bob and Im going to enjoy building it......
SalBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #5
NCshooter26

How much trouble did that underfolder give you? I've got a pretty good kit sitting in the safe begging to br built, just gotta get my receiver for it.
NCshooter26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
Tucker

Mighty fine looking iron.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
Bradrock

Very nice! Did you get slings with your kits?? I just got a fixed stock kit fron Centerfire today & it looks like a brand new rifle cut up! It's my 10th Yugo kit and the best by far! The wood is so clean it looks blonde & the bore looks like new. The gas piston is shiny clean on the end. I really like the Yugos! What is your finish on the wood and metal??
Bradrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
Gus

NCshooter26

Many years ago I was a machinist so I’m not sure I can answer that question realistically but I’ll try.

First off I thoroughly enjoyed building both rifles.

I used Cold Steel 80%..065” receiver blanks and Global Trade double hook trigger assemblies.

I carefully removed the old receiver ends from the front and rear trunnions to not damage the holes or distort the stubs. I used these stubs extensively for drilling guides on all the trunnion holes front and rear. (Never used a scale, drawing or template for this)
I used the drill guides on one side of the new receiver only then installed the trunnions and drilled out through the other side if that makes sense?

For the bottom holes after the correct overall length was established I clamped the old receiver ends to the new receiver front and rear and used them as guides for drilling. I also scribed the remaining area of the mag well onto the new receiver as a starting point for laying out the mag well opening.

The only thing I used the supplied drawing for was overall length trunnion to trunnion.

I used a PDF pattern I found on another web site as a general reference for the trigger, hammer, cross pin and safety holes by gluing it to the receiver with Elmer’s Glue Stick. I used common sense rather than just punching and drilling from the pattern (in other words I verified the same measurement to the center of the hole on both sides front and back and bottom up before punching and drilling.

That’s about it … I’m retired and as much as I like to drag it out I work like I had a deadline. With all the prep work already completed while I was waiting on the receivers (about 5 weeks) it took me three full days from beginning to end to complete each rifle.

Hope this helps answer your question? I think anyone can do this if they take there time and don’t get rattled over obstacles … just get back on the bunker web site and ask questions if your stuck … people here are more then willing to help.

Last edited by Gus; 04-02-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrock
Very nice! Did you get slings with your kits?? I just got a fixed stock kit fron Centerfire today & it looks like a brand new rifle cut up! It's my 10th Yugo kit and the best by far! The wood is so clean it looks blonde & the bore looks like new. The gas piston is shiny clean on the end. I really like the Yugos! What is your finish on the wood and metal??

Sound like one fine kit ... what did you specify when you placed the order to get such a fine Yugo?

I bought the slings from Global Trade $6.99 Chinese. I live about 10 miles south of GT and just drive up there for parts.

http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_acess.html

Finish on the wood is Dark Walnut stain and polyurethane gloss.

Finish on the metal is Black Magic from and outfit called Kleen Bore, just wipe the parts down real good with lacquer thinner apply Black Magic then oil it down real good to prevent rust.

http://secure.armorholdings.com/klee...chemicals.html

Thanks to all for the kind words

Last edited by Gus; 04-02-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
Wolverine

I prefer the East German blue slings. They look nice on the Yugo's. I got those Chinese sks/ak slings on alot of my guns though, you can find them for about $3-4 at gunshows.
As I said before, I really like the look of the stock. I am one too, that prefers Yugo's. I think they make the best built guns. They are generally used, but that makes it even better. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more Yugo kits to build but I allready have 3 and it is going to take awhile to get them built. Anyways, that looks great.

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #11
NCshooter26

Thanks for the advice, Gus, but I'm thinking about doing mine on a DCI. Just ain't quite sure about disassembling that underfolder stock, and riveting in the rear trunnion. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it, but I'm sure I'll do ok once I get into it.
NCshooter26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCshooter26
Thanks for the advice, Gus, but I'm thinking about doing mine on a DCI. Just ain't quite sure about disassembling that underfolder stock, and riveting in the rear trunnion. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it, but I'm sure I'll do ok once I get into it.
This will help on the underfolder

http://home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/AKbuild3.htm