Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #31
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

The 1911 is not the easiest pistol to master. The GI model as issued had/shit sights and a nasty trigger pull. A slide that has a...casual....relationship...with the frame...and an unguided recoil spring that tends to bunch up a bit inside the slide
All small but the kinds of things that do not increase accuracy nor help a shooter into the scoring black.
But....as issued... 1911s.....generally make hot lead when called upon.

All this talk about the 45 ACP being a massive man stopper and killer lethal....are in my opinion somewhat exaggerated. Yep. They will kill. As has been said many times....SHOT PLACEMENT IS EVERYTHING.

It just doesn't matter how many depleted uranium, 500gr bullets traveling at the speed of light.... you fire at Godzilla.....if they all miss...all you are doing is making holes in the air.

A pistol that comes well into the hand...for you....and has sufficient pieces & parts that work well together to give you accuracy....as well as armor plate reliability...is what you should use.

Remember...just a few years ago a man in Alaska shot and killed a Grizzly bear with ONE SHOT...using a .22 long rifled, rifle.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Infantry Brawl”
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #32
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

SIG 226 arrived today...it has some heft...especially...when you slip a 12 rd magazine up it's fun hole. A little holster wear. A bore like a mirror. Did all of these come with Trijicon three dot illuminated combat sights? No safety. A de-cocker. Pulling the slide back is an exorcise machine....The slide is Stainless steel. Time to warm the barrel up....
Old 05-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #33
Solid Snake
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
SIG 226 arrived today...it has some heft...especially...when you slip a 12 rd magazine up it's fun hole. A little holster wear. A bore like a mirror. Did all of these come with Trijicon three dot illuminated combat sights? No safety. A de-cocker. Pulling the slide back is an exorcise machine....The slide is Stainless steel. Time to warm the barrel up....
For a police trade-in, having Trijicon sights is not too far fetched. And the P-series pistols came standard with a decocker and no safety.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #34
Bluntforce
slug

Smile

My girlfriend carries a .40 Sig with Cor Bon. Makes me proud and happy to say I’ll likely be killed with a quality weapon.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #35
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
My girlfriend carries a .40 Sig with Cor Bon. Makes me proud and happy to say I’ll likely be killed with a quality weapon.

Apparently a man must mercifully be put down to end a gals misery.......
Old 05-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #36
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

USPS delivered a pair of Hogue, Rosewood pistol grips from Amazon, for the 226. Kinda like putting Whitewalls on an M37..... I do like wood grips or those laminated ones that a cat cannot scratch over the std black plastic. the grips are a tad wider than the plastic....I have big hands....so THAT is just fine, and they look sweeter than an 18 year old cheerleader.

Guess now I will put a pic up.......if I can remember how...
Old 05-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #37
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
USPS delivered a pair of Hogue, Rosewood pistol grips from Amazon, for the 226. Kinda like putting Whitewalls on an M37..... I do like wood grips or those laminated ones that a cat cannot scratch over the std black plastic. the grips are a tad wider than the plastic....I have big hands....so THAT is just fine, and they look sweeter than an 18 year old cheerleader.

Guess now I will put a pic up.......if I can remember how...

We need pictures.

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #38
Solid Snake
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post

We need pictures.
Of the gun AND the cheerleader.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #39
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

The Kent state cheerleader says she will only pose nude.....

So you dawgs are just going to have to settle for some gunmug shots...
Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #40
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

Unhappy

Well I tried but....

Sorry, dow: Bad File - File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #41
ashhoe

Sig.jpg

I have one for you.
9MM, 40S&W, 45 ACP and 10MM.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #42
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

Hmmmmm.....a SIG fan?
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #43
ashhoe

A big fan.
And that's just the shiny ones.
Old Today, 06:40 AM   #44
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

A year or two ago I snagged a S&W model 629. it was the only "shiny"pistol I had for awhile
. Now I have several. Just never was hugely attracted to glitzy guns. A satin finish on stainless steel is more along the line of what I like. I was considering stripping my P226 and refinishing the frame....until ...a closer look revealed that the serial numbers and markers Mark's appeared to be so superficial and shallow as to removable with a pencil eraser. THAT put a halt to my refinish plans until I either re-engrave the serial number....deeper....or manage to "mask them off" and bead blast the rest of the frame. Then do a gun kite spray and bake. The frame really only has some holster wear....but I like nice. Fuck it....they are all safe queens anyway.
Old Today, 03:39 PM   #45
ashhoe

Stainless Steel Elite, except the 10MM.
I thought about having it converted (I read somewhere the someone was doing it) and then gave up.
I'm a fan of the decocker, DA/SA and the night sites that the 10MM doesn't have.