Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
Sanders

Spinz Green gems shooting from Kilauea volcano in Hawaii as lava forms new peninsula

Crazy lady ranting on about gems spewing up out of the ground -- or not?

It was around 1991, and I was working on a big drill rig in Tucson. We were drilling a water well at the west end of Prince Rd on the banks of the Santa Cruz riverbed. There was a homeless lady living in a grove of mesquite trees next to the drill site. She was a nice lady, and was all by herself out there. She was given to talking to her imaginary friends as she walked along, though. When we would go buy lunch, we always got something extra to give her, and let her use the water from our water truck and would drop off bottles of drinking water for her, too.

Every once in a while, a guy who said he was her son would drop by to check on how she was doing, and drop off some groceries and supplies. He said that she preferred to live that way, but could always come and live with him and his wife and kids if she wanted to.

One day, I was the only guy out there on the drill rig, servicing the machinery, fueling up, etc. She came out from her tarp shelter "home" and walked over with a bucket to fill it from the water truck. I guess she figured she had a captive audience and began telling me how she had watched a drill rig when she was in South America with the CIA. She said it drilled down by a volcano and then hit a gusher that sent green gemstones flying up in the sky to rain down all around. I listened to her story dutifully and nodded and agreed that that was a really neat thing. But inside, I was thinking how crazy this woman was.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the headline posted above. I then read the story. What if the crazy lady wasn't making it up? What if she really was with the CIA and it messed up her mind? Maybe the drill rig she was talking about was drilling a geothermal hole and hit a volcanic pocket of gasses and the stones mentioned in the story? What if her imaginary friends were voices talking to her in an implant from her former bosses?

I wonder what wine goes good with crow?

Quote:
After weeks of spewing ash and lava, Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano is now shooting green crystals into the air.

The tiny green gems, known as olivines, have been discovered by residents living on Hawaii’s Big Island.

“Yes, the lava that is erupting now is very crystal-rich and it is quite possible that residents might be finding olivine,” Cheryl Gansecki, a geologist at the University of Hawaii-Hilo told Mashable.

According to Gansecki, the olivine is carried in the rapidly cooled lava, not the plume of ash.

Locals have reported finding the tiny green gems on the ground and posted their discoveries on social media.

“In the midst of the destruction nearby & stress of the unknown, [my friends] woke up to this — tiny pieces of olivine all over the ground. It is literally raining gems. Nature is truly amazing,” wrote Erin Jordan on Twitter.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...peninsula.html

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:48 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Yeah geez yah never know Sanders she may just be telling a true story about the CIA? I had to look up Olivine and it led to Peridot and got a bit confusing so I stopped reading.

https://www.ebay.com/gds/peridot-buy...6229819/g.html
Old 06-15-2018, 04:13 AM   #3
slug

You just never know...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

Red.....red wine.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

That's where a lot of gemstones are formed, anyhow.??

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Heat and pressure
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I'd stand around waiting for the diamonds, saphires, and rubies.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
dinkydow

Diamonds form in Kimberlite intrusions. Sapphires, Rubies, Emeralds etc., form in the vugs of pegmatitic intrusives. For NICE crystals to form in high temp (magmatic) geothermal solutions...an extended "liquid" period followed by a LONG and gradual cooling off period is required. Thus you do not have anything collectable being found in hi basalt/mafic (Pacific rim/Hawaii) lava flows. Where magma does not make it into a surface lava flow ..is where the good stuff is. Re them big old Fault Block mountain ranges such as the Rocky Mtn. Cordelara. Cleaning out a vug of all the sweet sweet rock candy they often hold is better that a good blowjob.

Ahhhhhh the life of a rock rapist!

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Diamonds form in Kimberlite intrusions. Sapphires, Rubies, Emeralds etc., form in the vugs of pegmatitic intrusives. For NICE crystals to form in high temp (magmatic) geothermal solutions...an extended "liquid" period followed by a LONG and gradual cooling off period is required. Thus you do not have anything collectable being found in hi basalt/mafic (Pacific rim/Hawaii) lava flows. Where magma does not make it into a surface lava flow ..is where the good stuff is. Re them big old Fault Block mountain ranges such as the Rocky Mtn. Cordelara. Cleaning out a vug of all the sweet sweet rock candy they often hold is better that a good blowjob.

So I'm waiting time with my trip to Hawaii?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
So I'm waiting time with my trip to Hawaii?

Well ...there won't be any thing really collectable spewing out of the volcano...like diamonds and Rubies...but the beaches are still sunny and nice. I don't think the dimokunts have managed to scrap out and remove the BB Arizona from it's last mooring spot either... so...
Old 06-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #11
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:

I knew that from watching Discovery Channel. That makes me a qualified expert geologist.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Well ...there won't be any thing really collectable spewing out of the volcano...like diamonds and Rubies...but the beaches are still sunny and nice. I don't think the dimokunts have managed to scrap out and remove the BB Arizona from it's last mooring spot either... so...
I'll send you a picture from Diamond Head, Even though I'd love to see a volcano in action my wife has no interest in such experience.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
slug

Hard Rock Candy Mountain...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #14
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I'll send you a picture from Diamond Head, Even though I'd love to see a volcano in action my wife has no interest in such experience.

Volcanoes erupting...with associated lava flows as in Hawaii are not a sight to be missed. Most all of the names for the types of cooled basaltic lava's "forms" come from Hawaii. Eruptions of that type of volcano are generally pretty "sedate." Stay far far away from the eruptions of Shield volcanoes (like St Hellens, Yellowstone, Vesuvius, etc.)...THOSE are hi-silica and most often very violent and explosive.