Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #16
cerberus
Dud

Never did develop a taste for mesquite. I use hickory for bacon and applewood or pear for everything else. I've tried orange but there's so much oil in it, it smells and tastes like furniture polish.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #17
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

I have built and used BBQ smokers/cookers of all sizes, from a 275 gallon fuel tank down to a 20lb propane cylinder and there is no substitute for the smoky flavor.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:27 AM   #18
S. Fisher

I like apple, cherry, and maple for pork, mesquite for beef, and chicken, and alder for salmon and halibut.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #19
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Around 5 or 6, if everything goes well. Haven't given much thought to side dishes, except for a can of Bush's baked beans.
Have you ever smoked baked beans? Damn tasty!

Here's my recipe:
1 55oz. can of Bush's "Original" Baked Beans.
1 15oz. can of Bush's Black Beans (I put 'em in a strainer, rinse them and let them drain).
1 16oz. can of Bush's Navy Beans.
1 16oz. can of Bush's Pinto Beans.
1 lb. of Raspberry-Chipotle marinated Bacon (chopped into small pieces and cooked). Drain off any grease.
1 lb. of Italian or spicy sausage (or hamburger), cooked and chopped into small chunks. Drain off any grease.

With the exception of the Black Beans, I use the juices from all the beans. I put them all in a large bowl and mix them together until they're blended well.
Add bacon and sausage, blend well.
Sometimes I sprinkle brown sugar (to taste), and stir that in also.

Refrigerate until you're ready to pour them into the aluminum roasting pan and put them in the smoker.

I then pour the beans into a disposable aluminum roasting pan (found in the baking aisle in grocery stores). I usually use the deep, 9" X 13" or the deep 12" X 12" pans.

About 2 hours before the meat will be ready to pull out of the smoker, I put the beans in BELOW the meat so juices can drip into the beans and add even more flavor. Stir every 30 minutes.

I also use Apple Juice in the water pan instead of water.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote