Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2019, 01:04 AM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Smile Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma

At midnight. That is all.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Hope it's not choked down like it is here in Mizzery.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Sanders

How did they choke it down?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

The way it's set up, you can carry a lot more places with a CCW than not. I carry into a bank with my CCW. If I didn't have my CCW, that would be a felony, just a for instance. With the CCW, they can ask me to take it out and leave it in my vehicle, if I do, nothing happens. If I don't leave with the gun, they can press misdemeanor trespassing charges. I can carry a lot more places with the CCW, than without. It's not true Constitutional Carry, as is advertised. Also, if I get a "Lifetime CCW", there are a lot of restrictions on that, too.

Now, that being said, they got rid of the patchwork of laws and ordinances that restrict carrying in different municipalities and I and seeing more and more people open carrying.

Brian
Old 11-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
Sanders

If it's concealed, how do they know you are carrying?
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #6
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
If it's concealed, how do they know you are carrying?
True, but that's not the point. "They" tout it as constitutional carry, but it's far from it.

Brian
Old 11-07-2019, 12:43 AM   #7
Bluntforce
slug

Big Brother

They did something shitty. When permitless carry became law the previously unenforced no gun signs changed from a trespassing citation at most to a jailable offense. Presumably at Barney Fife’s discretion.

This state hands you something with the right hand while slapping you in the face with its shit smeared left hand. Government needs to get out the gun, book and computer business and stick to leeching off of commerce and extorting tribute at threat of land seizure.

ETA: It was a variation on businesses’ ability to nullify this law that caused a constant conundrum for 22 years. Merchants have used the “Constitutional Carry” issue to regain the upper hand. I hope a combination of rights activists and sheer number of carriers overwhelm their cuntery.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Went to the Sheriff’s office today and got the booklet on the changes. It’s red this time. It’s usually yellow. For people that had a permit they can do less. For people that didn’t they are probably mollified by being able to carry concealed or open.

We’ve gone from a state that no guns allowed signs were not enforced to one in which they are. I don’t know if we have the ridiculous restriction that some states have that it must be in a belt or shoulder holster or Mexican carry is prohibited. Mexican (no holster) is not a particularly good idea but only some states concern themselves with it. Some states specifically ban ankle holsters with the belt/shoulder stipulation.

Two things to keep in mind if you are passing through Joadland, calibers bigger than .45 are no nos and your handgun can’t be longer than 16”. Hollow points used to be mandated (I’ll read the book just like those assholes on the Mysteries of the Unexplained commercials) and there used to be a derringer/revolver/automatic class system. If you took the class with an automatic you could carry any of the three types. Revolver used in the class got you a revolver/derringer permit and using a derringer would not only take a week to finish the class it would get you a derringer only permit. I took the class in 2001, moved before getting permit after 9/11, moved back and took class again from same instructor in 2008. Both classes everyone used an automatic even if they borrowed one. No serial numbers were asked for but calibers were.

Big revolvers are OK but not very big ones. I get the 16” rule, they don’t want folding stock AKs classed as handguns like in Michigan. The .45 and under rule is something I haven’t discovered the rationale behind. Over penetration is my guess, they define body armor but I haven’t read enough of the book to know if peons are allowed Kevlar.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:30 AM   #9
Bluntforce
slug

Bart

One big change has happened. You had to notify officers at contact you were carrying until Nov. 1, 2019. Now you don’t but you have to tell them where one/more is if they ask. You have to notify a game warden that you have a concealed handgun on contact. For most people Oklahoma is one of the many Denny’s of states, one you end up in/going through and seldom set out for. Some people come here to hunt like any other third world place. For hunters nothing changed.

I’m beginning to believe the trespassing issue is more of clarification of what could have and now will happen to you if you decide to hang around after being asked to leave. Before if you refused you got a trespassing violation, now they spell out what can happen to you. I’ve always been happy to stay out of anti-gun businesses and don’t hang around where I’m not wanted like some block busting groid. Buffalo Wild Wings can blow a goat if they think they’ll get one red cent out of me. No mention of loss of weapon is mentioned, fine and imprisonment and future punishments are listed so gun rights are retained. Presumably the pistol is returned to you.

No mention of holster or placement, I don’t envy the Tulsa and OKC cops securing weapons from all our recent kali and shitcongo transplants knowing where they like to put things.

Weird knife law, you can own any type of knife and use if for educational, hunting, living history or reenactment purposes (work is not listed) but you can’t “conceal” on the body or transport them in your car.