Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Gus

Default 'Progressive' Christians Promoting 'Different Voice'

Anytime you see the words PROGRESSIVE ACCEPTANCE TOLERANT you have to suspicion Hillary Clinton is close by.

On Easter Sunday, a group of Christians describing themselves as "moderates" and "progressives" will begin a 2,500-mile walk from Phoenix to Washington, D.C., to promote a "different voice for Christianity in America."

The journey will begin in Phoenix with an ecumenical Easter sunrise service. During the trek, six ministers and lay leaders from the United Church of Christ, United Methodist Church and Metropolitan Community Church will walk from Arizona and through 12 states before concluding in Washington, D.C., on Sunday, Sept. 3, during Labor Day weekend.

"We are going on this journey because the Christian values of compassion, a welcoming spirit, acceptance and tolerance are being drowned out in large part by a small but vocal and well-funded minority," said the Rev. Eric Elnes, co-president of the newly formed group, CrossWalk America.

That conservative minority is "using faith in America to create a divisive and polarizing atmosphere of exclusion," stated Elnes, who also serves as senior pastor of Scottsdale Congregational United Church of Christ in Arizona.

Another reason for the four-month trek is "to affirm that most Christians believe our faith is based on the true values Jesus proclaimed as the three greatest loves -- love of God, love of neighbor and love of self," he added.

"We get into trouble when some Christians conclude that 'two out of three ain't bad,'" Elnes noted.

Members of the group call themselves "CrossWalkers" and hope to refocus the nation's attention on what they consider the core values of the Christian faith.

To accomplish this goal, the organization is dedicated to "spreading the message that Christianity is first and foremost about the just and unconditional love of God for all people and Christ's commandments to love God and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves," Elnes said.

Participants will "walk the walk," symbolic of the walking Jesus did during his three years of ministry while teaching people about love and justice, according to CrossWalk's Jay Taylor.

More than 120 families have agreed to accommodate walkers in their homes, Taylor said.

Fifty-five congregations -- including those from the United Church of Christ, United Methodist Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), American Baptist Church, Episcopal Church, Unitarian Universalist and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) -- have offered to provide hospitality and speaking opportunities along the route.

Key partners for the four-month event include the 1.3 million-member United Church of Christ's Stillspeaking Initiative, which states that "God is still speaking" to people today, and the UCC-related Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley, Calif.

Homosexual advocacy organizations such as the Human Rights Campaign and No Longer Silent: Clergy for Justice will also have representatives participating in the cross-country walk.

"Now why would I quit my job and be away from those I love for an extended time frame to go on this journey?" asked Rebecca Glenn, co-president of CrossWalk America. "I want to help raise awareness that there are Christians who do not believe in intolerance, religious elitism and pointing out the wrongdoings of others, contrary to what some in the media and some well-known religious leaders would try to have us believe.

"There is a silent majority of people who believe Christianity is a path of compassion, acceptance and reaching out to those in need," Glenn said. "At a time when there is so much pain caused by religious polarization, many would like to see a renewed focus on love, and that is what this walk and the CrossWalk America organization are all about."
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
DorGunR

Question

I'm not really sure just what they're trying to do.
DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorGunR
I'm not really sure just what they're trying to do.
Get their pictures on TV?

That's a common desire of many useful idiots.

I just don't have much patience or tolerance for the folks who take a verse or two out of the scripture and use it to build some "newer" more 'progressive" religion out of it.

Christianity is not and never has been a religion for Pacifist doormats!

One is expected to stand up for their beliefs, not just wring their hands and moan about the "injustice and unfairness of it all, and why cant we all just get along."

Jesus didn't ask or beg the money changers and con men to leave the Temple, he absolutely physically kicked their crooked asses out!

There's a lesson for us in that!

Regards,

Last edited by 5knives; 04-16-2006 at 11:12 AM.
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
pistol-packin-wifey
Southern Gun Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives
Get their pictures on TV?

That's a common desire of many useful idiots.

I just don't have much patience or tolerance for the folks who take a verse or two out of the scripture and use it to build some "newer" more 'progressive" religion out of it.

Christianity is not and never has been a religion for Pacifist doormats!

One is expected to stand up for their beliefs, not just wring their hands and moan about the "injustice and unfairness of it all, and why cant we all just get along."

Jesus didn't ask or beg the money changers and con men to leave the Temple, he absolutely physically kicked their crooked asses out!

There's a lesson for us in that!

Regards,
amen!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
partssman
Redneck Moderator

wanna bet it don't turn into a fag march ?

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

This right here is the very essence of what is wrong with today's Churches. All they want to hear is that God Loves You and if we all smile big and pretty enough we will all go to Heaven. Nobody wants to get their toes stepped on anymore.

Yes God and Jesus are about Love, but that is only half of the story. God is also about judgement. Far too many Churches nowadays are nothing more than feel-good clubs. One member told me once to avoid speaking on the subject of adultry because one of the prominent members was fooling around on his wife and that I needed to be understanding of the issue. Well, needless to say that didn't go over well with me and I really cut loose that Sunday and 2 people left the service because they didn't want to hear the truth. One was the person that made the request and I'm assuming the other was the one that was cheating.

Churches are supposed to be about instruction of Christian living. And in order to pass out those instructions you have to know the rules, all of them. Some of them are about Love, some of them are not. Just like when I hire an employee. If all I did was tell him about the good things of the job and not the bad, more than likely that person is going to get hurt.

Imagine if all I did is tell this employee about his paycheck that he is going to pick up on Friday and how much money he was going to make and all the wonderful things he could do with this money, but never spent any time on actually telling him/her on how to do their job. In my line of work that person would probably end up getting killed. So I give them instruction on how to do their job and safety instructions. Things that they should do and things that they should not do.

So why should Church be any different???

Whether people like it or not there is a lot more to the Bible that "Jesus Loves You." The Bible also says the Jesus will judge you and Jesus will turn you away by saying "Depart from me. I never knew you." You've got to look at both sides of the coin.

Even in the classes that I took they were pushing the "Love" message. But I guess I'm a little too old fashioned or hard-headed for it to sink in. Heck, maybe even a little of both.

Well, I guess I got to do a little Easter preaching afterall.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
partssman
Redneck Moderator

we appreicate it Preeacher.....you're right too....

BTW...appreciate your back up last night at LU....bet a bunch of em couldn't sleep
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #8
Sanders

Quote:
Another reason for the four-month trek is "to affirm that most Christians believe our faith is based on the true values Jesus proclaimed as the three greatest loves -- love of God, love of neighbor and love of self," he added.
I'm still trying to find that one in the Bible about love of self. Everything I've read points toward self-sacrifice rather than self-centerdness.

This feel-good touchy-feely-crying-like-babies-hugging-kissing-man-love in church and stadiums is something I never have found in the Bible, either. History shows the Greeks were pretty good at it, though.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
I'm still trying to find that one in the Bible about love of self.
Lev 19:18 love thy neighbour as thyself:

Mat 19:19 love thy neighbour as thyself

Mat 22:39 love thy neighbour as thyself

Mark 12:31, Rom 13:9, Gal 5:14 & James 2:8.

The love you show your neighbour has to be the same as you show yourself. If you dont love yourself how can you love them?

There is a big difference between loving yourself & being selfish though. Loving ourselves has always got to be in context with the above Scriptures BUT I doubt that is what these LIBERALS mean. They probably mean that a poof should love himself INCLUDING his poofterism & that aint what it means at all.

I reckon it will be a poof march though. Whenever the church starts talking about intolerance & division created by the conservatives, thats what it always boils down to.

Id say its a fair chance this is the HARLOT marching, not the CHURCH. If its not the harlot, it is auditioning for the part.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #10
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

Well I'm not best Christian around but I think I read someplace in the book that says something like, the devil knows scripture better than most ,and he'll use it aginst ya !! But like I say I'm not the best person to ask !!!
Just a guy who raeds the book sometimes !!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen11
There is a big difference between loving yourself & being selfish though. Loving ourselves has always got to be in context with the above Scriptures BUT I doubt that is what these LIBERALS mean. They probably mean that a poof should love himself INCLUDING his poofterism & that aint what it means at all.

I reckon it will be a poof march though. Whenever the church starts talking about intolerance & division created by the conservatives, thats what it always boils down to.

Id say its a fair chance this is the HARLOT marching, not the CHURCH. If its not the harlot, it is auditioning for the part.
That's basically what I as getting at. Liberals/Progressives tend to be more self-centered/selfish than most people.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
That's basically what I as getting at. Liberals/Progressives tend to be more self-centered/selfish than most people.
I figured that is what you meant but I couldnt miss an opportunity to bag out the poof/dykes that have infiltrated the Church & turned it into the HARLOT.

And, how selfish they are. Not only are they perverts but they force their wickedness on everyone. We MUST accept their evil ways according to their twisted thinking.

I dont think it will be too much longer before some good & honest people get pushed too far & they snap & there will be buckets of AIDS infected blood hit the fan.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

[QUOTE=Cephus]I think I read someplace in the book that says something like, the devil knows scripture better than most ,and he'll use it aginst ya !! [QUOTE]

G'day Cephus old mate.

The quote is "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose"

From Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice.

Your a good man in my book, mate. Christians arent perfect, just forgiven.

Faith in the shedding of His Blood for our forgiveness is where it all starts.

G/B/Y