Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #16
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I always wear sneakers when I get on my roof. They have better traction than work boots.

I get up on my roof a couple of times a hear with a leaf blower to blow out my gutters. I always set my leaf blower on the roof before climbing from the ladder to the roof.

I've had a few falls from a ladder, but they always involved trimming my trees. Then there is that last step at the bottom. That one gets a lot of people.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #17
twin50

I hire a local youngster for 25 bucks to clean my gutters... has made me smarter. Glad you are okay.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #18
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I'll have to show that one to the wife. She actually fell off a step ladder the other year at the school she teaches at & fractured her ankle.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #19
remus

I hate ladders. I used to go up and down them like a spider monkey. I'm 75 now and don't do the spider monkey thing anymore. I had to put up a ham radio antenna on top of my garage a couple of months ago. Took me a month thinking about it, and a whole day to do it. 12' up one rung at a time, shakier than a dog shitting peach seeds. Getting on and off the ladder is the worst time. Especially getting back on the ladder. When I got back on the ground I swore never again going up on a roof.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:59 PM   #20
Angry White Trash
slug

Damn...glad you squeeked out of that one with minimal damage....landing on concrete is not for the faint of heart.
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #21
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Happy to read you walked away from it. You must have done something good in your past.

I hate ladders, mostly because I've never really had a good sense of balance and a touch of vertigo doesn't help. Now that I'm getting up there in years, I feel decidedly off balance on the second step of a step ladder, so changing a ceiling lamp bulb has become something of a challenge.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #22
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
Happy to read you walked away from it. You must have done something good in your past.

I hate ladders, mostly because I've never really had a good sense of balance and a touch of vertigo doesn't help. Now that I'm getting up there in years, I feel decidedly off balance on the second step of a step ladder, so changing a ceiling lamp bulb has become something of a challenge.
Thanks. All I've really got is some bone bruising that I'm sure will take a while to go away, but I'm not incapacitated at all. It just hurts in places. ...like my upper arm, hip and lower leg. I'm getting too old for this shit, but I am very grateful to be able to continue aging. It was a close call. Much too close. The thought has crossed my mind several times of what an inglorious and totally avoidable end that would have been. I'll be adding some ladder stabilization gear to my ladder and modifying my procedure from now on. (A big thanks to 44044 for the picture of your ladder setup!) I highly recommend folks look at some ladder safety videos on youtube and read some articles on the subject if they plan on doing ladder or step stool things in the future. They're an eye opener, especially the ones on falls from step stools and low ladders in the house. They could definitely save folks a lot of pain and/or tragedy. What's amazing is how so many can get away with doing so much so wrong for so long and not have anything bad happen. ...until it does! ...like me. Apparently, I have a lot of company in this category. I've read several articles and a recurring statistic is that every year there are over 300 ladder-related deaths and over 130,000 emergency room visits in this country that are related to ladders. My personal safety is my own responsibility and no one else's. I was severely lacking in this category when it came to all things ladder related, but no more. Luckily, only my pride took a big hit. ...but that's recoverable.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #23
aviator
unum de multis

Next time pay someone to get up there if you can.