Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 08-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
JD Miller
Fake Member

Default Home office Scanner Printer

My HP 750 Scanner Printer keeps giving me error messages during printing and only prints part of the page. Its getting worse where I cant even get it to print a complete page. I sit there for an hour trying to get it to print

I guess it is getting the error because the printer is very old

Can anyone recommend a new printer/ scanner for a home office small business that's not real expensive

Thanks
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have a Xerox brand laser color printer. I've had it about 5 years. It is excellent.

I use my camera to copy documents and pictures. It makes better copies than a scanner.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

Ive had people take absolute horrible pictures of documents with there smart phone and email it to me, As a receipt, or proposal, or contract, or invoice

What crap. You cant even read the darn thing at its at a angle and looks like crap

I tell them I dont except photographed documents emailed to me, its garbage idiot ! And looks unprofessional

I guess I will go to staples and shop for a new copier, scanner, printer. I just heard they are pretty cheap now days. I m going to look at epson models etc.

My HP 750 must be 30 years old now that I think about it. I bet its just worn out.
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
cerberus
Dud

I have a dot-matrix from Radio shack that's 30 years old and prints just fine.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #5
Sanders

You're looking at $300-400 for a color laser printer/scanner/fax copier.

About $200 for the same thing in inkjet, but the ink cartridges get hella expensive over the life of the printer.

I know, I'm getting ready to purchase a new one to replace the one we wore out at work and have been shopping.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:00 AM   #6
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
You're looking at $300-400 for a color laser printer/scanner/fax copier.

About $200 for the same thing in inkjet, but the ink cartridges get hella expensive over the life of the printer.

I know, I'm getting ready to purchase a new one to replace the one we wore out at work and have been shopping.
What is the differece between a laser and a ink jet?

Laser dont use ink carts?

My black ink cart was over $40, now its over $50... Phuckin rip off, and they dont las very long

A friend told me he got a Epson scaner, copier, printer for $50,,,, 5 years old now and works great
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:33 AM   #7
BBill

I have an Epson and re-fillable cartridges.
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

I've been using a HP Pro8600 for years now, scans, copies ,faxes and prints for me, I feed a 17 page contract in and puts it in pdf ready to be emailed. Yes, once a year I order high capacity cartridges, takes four.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
slug

HP Office Jet Pro 8710...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
Sanders

I'm replacing an HP Laser Office Pro 200 with the same or similar model.

Laser printers print a lot faster, and better quality than ink jet. You also get more pages out of a toner cartridge. Down side is the toner cartridges are ~$100/ea. I do believe the lifespan of the ink cartridge vs. laser toner cartridge favors the laser printer in the long run if you do a lot of printing and copying.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote