Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Default Smoked Ribs

Ready for the BBQ sauce. I made these yesterday for my family and friends that came to visit me.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
Sanders

Looks good!

I loves me some spare ribs.

The last ones I smoked pre-seasoned I got on sale at the store. They didn't taste that great to me.

I just prefer a simple dry rub, followed by the sauce for the finish.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Dag blast it that looks mighty good Pogo.
I just bought my neighbors $600 stainless steel drum cooker for $40 I will explain in a post next.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Looks good!

The last ones I smoked pre-seasoned I got on sale at the store. They didn't taste that great to me.

I put a dry rub on mine.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Do you remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs? I have a few times in the past. Usually these days I'll just score it so it looks like a long checker board.

I'll smoke St. Louis Style Ribs for about 6 1/2 hours @ 225 degrees and Baby Back Ribs for about 5 to 5 1/2 hours @ 225 degrees.

Also, once I have the rub on, I'll cover the top side of the ribs with brown sugar and press it down to kinda 'pack it' so it doesn't fall off as easy, cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate a couple hours before going in the smoker. The brown sugar helps make a nice bark on the ribs.

I've never sauced my ribs. I leave that up to the people eating, once they get the meat on their plates.

Those look pretty tasty!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Looks good!

That's how I make them too.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
baboon
slug

Last weekend we had .99 cents a pound pork spare ribs on a 3 day sale @ the store I work at. They were twice as big as I like my ribs. I would have not bought them because I like 3 down ribs. I was really pissed the wife bought 2 slabs. I had her take them over to my favorite BBQ joint & had them smoked. I just finished eating a mile of them.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #8
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Ready for the BBQ sauce. I made these yesterday for my family and friends that came to visit me.

Mouth watering picture!!

Bet they were good!

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #9
cerberus
Dud

I quit smoking. In my area, I can get T-Bone for the price of pork spare ribs and beef ribs? The price of whole tenderloin.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #10
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
Do you remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs? I have a few times in the past. Usually these days I'll just score it so it looks like a long checker board.

I'll smoke St. Louis Style Ribs for about 6 1/2 hours @ 225 degrees and Baby Back Ribs for about 5 to 5 1/2 hours @ 225 degrees.

Also, once I have the rub on, I'll cover the top side of the ribs with brown sugar and press it down to kinda 'pack it' so it doesn't fall off as easy, cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate a couple hours before going in the smoker. The brown sugar helps make a nice bark on the ribs.

I've never sauced my ribs. I leave that up to the people eating, once they get the meat on their plates.

Those look pretty tasty!
No. I trim off any fat and wash them. Then I put on the dry rub and into the smoker.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #11
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
No. I trim off any fat and wash them. Then I put on the dry rub and into the smoker.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #12
bounce
Senile Member

I've ordered the Smoke Hollow 44 propane smoker last friday. I cant wait.

I have a Big Easy propane infrared cooker that has a drawer for wood chips but its not a real heavy red line in the meat smoker. It'll cook a 14-16 pound turkey pretty good.

I've really been entering the world of smoke the last couple years.... cold smoke cheeses, low cook brisket, and ribs, ribs ribs!

ya know I once used a crockpot to slow cook ribs? Now I do the dry rub. wooped up a pound or two of rub last night. working on a tamarindo bbq sauce too.

enough talk: worthless without pics

rubbin

gray but tasty with some smoke flavoring

bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
bounce
Senile Member

cheesus!

Sauce:

bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #14
hangfire
Home on the range

Gibs me dat!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
Konstantin

Those ribs look real tasty. I will be smoking about 45 lbs of them along with 25 lbs of chicken for Independance Day this year. Just as easy to make as burgers, but a lot better.

I use a rub too. Made from sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, hot red chile powder, black pepper, and red chile flakes. I also do one with green chile powder, but the farmers market I was buying the powder from closed and I cant find any more I like.
Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote