Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Rew

One shot do you know what the first smokeless powder sporting round introduced in the USA was and when introduced? This is the shotgun forum but this is a teaser and it was not a shotgun.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
oneshot

That was an easy one.

The first smokeless cartridge was the 8mm Lebel cartridge for the Lebel Rifle which was introduced in 1887. Smokeless powder was introduced by French chemist Paul Vieille in 1884.

The .30-30 Winchester was first marketed in early 1895 for the Winchester Model 1894 lever-action rifle and was America's first small-bore, sporting rifle cartridge designed for smokeless powder.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
oneshot

The Worthington is a wall hanger. Two different gun smiths showed me where it had been blown apart and welded back together.

It is a non twisted Damascus Barrel.
oneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
The Worthington is a wall hanger. Two different gun smiths showed me where it had been blown apart and welded back together.

It is a non twisted Damascus Barrel.
No SHIT?
Wow, am I glad you took it to a gunsmith!
Well Done!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Gus

I have an old shotgun that was my granddads ... black powder still a shooter as my uncle has even hunted with it.

I've had it a good while ... since my grandma passed away an left it to me.

Never shot it ... may have to do that one day.

Also have an old Eclipse Gun co. double barrel mule ear.

And an American Gun co. double barrel.

I think both would be safe to shoot with reasonable black powder loads.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 AM   #21
oneshot

That bit about the gun being blown apart then re-welded is . Both guns smiths said that pointing to light grind marks on the gun.

This was a ruff hardware gun. I completely disabled it. Where they said it had cracked off is a solid block of steel. Other than the light grind mark on the outside, there are no interruption of the original tool marks on the face of the part. This is the main action of part of the gun attached to the stock as seen in the pictures. For the corner to be broken off then re-welded it would have to of been welded on both sides of the part. They were referring to the light grind marks following the curve of the back of the chambers as seen in the photo just ahead of the lever screw.

Since I never have done business with either of these guys, I think they both did not want to spend any time looking a the gun. They both had said it is a wall hanger buy a new over and under pointing to what they had in stock.
oneshot is offline   Reply With Quote