Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
slug

Default Full Metal Jacket

I just watched it

I guess that is the first movie that I

have ever watched about Vietnam

I never served but I had many friends

that were there...a few never came back

To many men were lost in a politician’s

war...

Fuck LBJ
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

*Copyrighted Image*
Old 10-19-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Full Metal Jacket was filmed primarily in Ricks old back yard England 44044. My good Marine friend recently passed was their for the battle. He and his buddy from his company sat here and reminisced about the old days. I let them be for their talk and went about my business.
If I am still kicking you come here for the reunion and you can meet and talk to those guys they will talk to yah. We need help picking on the Marines at the reunion I am getting old and can't run as fast as I used to.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
slug

4th...like you, I hope to be able to

take a walk about some day also...

I have some friends down that way

that I would like to see again and

would like to see your Tree House Sir

...if I can ever get to where I am able...

I have heard that you sometimes feed

guest to the gators though, and that

does cause some concern...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Nah but their is some people around town I would not mind seeing fall in a gator pit.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #6
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Stanley Kubrick's vehicle to demonstrate his contempt for the military, and the Marine Corps specifically, told through the voice of "The Joker", a malcontent who deems himself smugly superior to the dumbasses who actually buy into military service. CONTEMPT is the pervasive tone of the anti-war propaganda, a self congratulatory "weren't we all chic to have protested this travesty" two hours of justifying Jane Fonda's insurrection cum treason.

A leftist propaganda movie, intended to mock the Marine Corps. Pure and simple.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #7
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
Stanley Kubrick's vehicle to demonstrate his contempt for the military, and the Marine Corps specifically, told through the voice of "The Joker", a malcontent who deems himself smugly superior to the dumbasses who actually buy into military service. CONTEMPT is the pervasive tone of the anti-war propaganda, a self congratulatory "weren't we all chic to have protested this travesty" two hours of justifying Jane Fonda's insurrection cum treason.

....Well said,....Semper Fi

...wanna watch a Marine movie,....Sands of Iwo Jima....with John Wayne, John Agar, Forrest Tucker....not a kneeler in the bunch,

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #8
RTO

I liked the movie 'Platoon' better than FMJ.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #9
Sanders

I liked "The Boys of Company C". From what I remember of it, it mostly highlighted the stupidty of the politics involved in the war from a grunt's perspective.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #10
remus

All wars are started by politicians. Most problems on the planet are mismanaged by governments.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
Merc
Expendable

Quote:

Yes , Sir..

MERC

Know your enemy, know his sword -
Miyamoto Musashi
The Book of Five Rings

Blessed be the Lord , my strength,
which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight.
My goodness, and my fortress;
my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and he in whom I trust;
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #12
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

As war movies go... Blackhawk Down and American Sniper tend to find favor, from me. I have yet to see a Vietnam war movie that was other than a libtard glad-handing himself for being so incredibly brilliant as to have pulled a Clinton, or a Fonda, and railing against the stupidity of the dumbasses who put on a uniform to become cannon fodder for Corporate America.

I would dearly love the opportunity to do a public de-esophagation on that piece of commie shit Ken Burns, celebrating the valor of the Vietcong.

Perhaps it is time for Clint Eastwood to produce and direct a movie dedicated to the Marine 1/9... and Con Thien. Title it Di Bo Chet.

Or how about a real grunt's eye view of Hue City, under the command of Ron Christmas? Defying that gook wanker Sun Tsu and taking back a city from a larger, stronger, entrenched and constantly RE-fortified force, any fucking way. And doing it the HARD way, street by fucking street, not by B-52 missions.
Show me my Marine Brothers, all shot to hell, evac'd, patched up, and sneaking back into the fight, because the city was not yet secured, the fight was not yet done, as opposed to smug and smarmy libtards making a mockery of it all.

Give me something other than the revised history horse shit that mocks, defames, and defiles the service and sacrifice of our Brothers.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
Stalky

Sorry but I like Sun Tzu tactical approach.Last I heard the tactics are still studied in Americans War College.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #14
Diesel 88888888
slug

headbanger

Wanna see a good, really good, movie? Watch: "12 Strong" then get back to me.

Good movie, and we, all of US, did good in in...after 911.

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #15
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Question

Quote:

No disrespect intended, but FMJ was the movie which gave us R. Lee "Gunny" Ermey. I know he was a tireless advocate & voice for the USMC throughout much of his life after he made that movie. Does this mean he was some kind of dupe used by Kubrick & the producers of FMJ?
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote