Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #16
NCshooter26

I've fired .22 short, CCI CB's and CB Longs, as well as some old .22 longs in one of my 10/22's. The only problem with the 10/22 it wont cycle, and you have to work the action by hand. However, when I bought my step-son the Henry lever action .22 for Christmas a couple of years ago, it became my primary .22 short/quiet .22 rifle. It's popped many a feral cat's behind.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #17
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
You can shoot .22 shorts in a .22 Long or .22 Long Rifle gun or pistol.

They might not work very well in a semi-auto, but they work in pumps and bolt actions quite well. I'm not sure how they work in a lever action.

I like them for pest control - they are no louder than an air rifle.

I use .22 shorts in a Winchester model 94-22, and they work just fine!

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #18
nutinauniversalshell
Penguin Pass Champion

the solution to any 22 problem is the Remington 552. IMHO.

mine (1968) only cost 125 and it feels almost anything...shorts and long rifles of varying brands...very reliably.

it is super quiet w/o supresser, but I still want to find someone to thread it so I can put a can on it when the time comes.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #19
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by partssman
... remember when guns were stamped...short, long and long rifle ammo ?
Sure do Mike, no legal bulletins stamped ANYPLACE ... heck No serial numbers either on the "plain" ones, the ones normal people used. Stevens, under one brand or another mostly on the farms.

Bringing back memories of those hot August afternoon "hunting" trips, with 5 in the magazine and three more in your bib overall pocket. And you just knew there'd be a Bear or a Wolf in every berry patch or behind every clump of trees. But if not there was always the chance of a left over Nazi or Japanese spy. Nervous but Never really scared though with your trusty bolt action "repeater and your 8 bullets. Even remember my genuine "sun helmet" just like real explorers and African Hunters wore. Well mine did have a .22 hole in it ... but thats another story.

Only thing i ever got of course was the rare retarded squirrel or a really stupid rabbit, maybe a crow, but that was about it.

Geez! Were we ever really that young?

Well, yup!

I was anyhow ... once upon a time.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #20
Blammer
Bowling Champion

Default Love the Shorts in a boltaction....

Got a prewar Remington 34 that will load 22 (twenty-two) shorts in that long tube mag. Great for a night ratshoot.McCain
Blammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:13 AM   #21
karlsgunbunker
01FFL - Arming America

I always wondered what the difference was between longs and long rifle.
So longs will work in a gun chambered for long rifle or do they lack the power to cycle an semi-auto?