Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

fish I caught a small Walleye and a Carp

The Walleye was only about 7" or so. But the Carp I caught was probably 16"-18" and weighed 4-5 lbs.

I accidentally snagged him in the dorsal fin with a Rapala. That was quite a fight on a light rod with 4 lb test line.

My cell phone takes fairly decent photos.

This is how I figured that I could troll with the rod in the rod holder the best.

Big old feller says "let me out of here".

Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Hope you knocked it in the head, and made fish food out of it.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

I dont see the puppy riding with you
Old 08-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I would take that carp directly to the closest Chinese restaurant and trade it to them for a serving of sweet and sour Siamese cat.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
dinkydow

Shit! THAT looks like one of my cats...

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
ESSOHBE
Deplorable

There were so many carp in the lake I grew up on they wanted you to catch them and throw them in the weeds. My Great Grandpa used to eat them. Lived to be 99.
ESSOHBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

carp are freaking nasty. I wont touch them if I catch one I just snap it off off the line. Here in East TN they root around on the bottom of our dioxin polluted lakes. There bodies are green with orange fins--yuck!
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
Dugdog47

Southern fried carp is excellent eating, if they are caught in a clean waterway. My Grandpa taught me how to fry em up.

Asian carp, on the other hand, are not really carp. More of a big minnow. Gotta bowfish for those. Their meat is very tasty, although they have the same bones.
Dugdog47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Carp from cold reasonably clean water makes great eating, as I've mentiond before, they were imported from Germany to providr high quality food for the poor down trodden masses.

Very rich, and when the bars along the Southern Rock river in WI. have their smoked carp for sale ... Pig-out time!

About this time of year, they seine the Rock from shore to shore south of lake Koshkenog, and they ship out reefer boxcars by the dozens if not by couple hundred or so. Most of that ends up in supermarkets back east labeled "Rock River Salmon". or of ourse Gefeltefish..

One old friend had a meat ginder at the end of jis pier, catch a decent carp, gut it chop offf the head and any unwanted parts, grind it up, layer patties into 1/2 gallon milk cartons, and into the freezer. Come company time, fry up the Carp Burgers, open a couple quarts of home brew and the party was on!

That was on the Sugar River, 20-30 miles west of the Rock, still S. WI.

Lots of little bones all through the meat though, and too rich to eat as much as you want.

Don't knock it if you never tried it!

As always, JMHO but of course I'm right!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
Carp from cold reasonably clean water makes great eating, as I've mentiond before, they were imported from Germany o providr high quality food for the poor down trodden masses.

Very rich, and when the bars along the Southern Rock river in WI. have their smoked carp for sale ...
About this time of year, they seine the Rock from shore to shore south of lake koshkenog, and they ship out reefer boxcars by the dozens. Most of that ends up in supermarkets back east labeled "Rock River Salmon". or of ourse Gefeltefish..

One old friend had a meat ginder at the end of jis pier, catch a decent carp, gut it chop offf the head and any unwanted parts, grind it up, layer pattiesinto 1/2 gallon milk cartons, and into the freezer. Come company, fry up the Carp Burgers, open a couple quarts of home brew and the party was on!

That was on the Suger River, 20-30 miles west of the Rock

Lots of little bones all through the meat though, and too rch to et as much as you want.

Don't knock it if you never tried it!

As always, JMHO but of course I'm right!

Regards,

I have eaten carp. Not really fond of it, but I'm picky about what I eat.

Cold water makes a big difference in most all freshwater fish. The meat is usually whiter and less fatty and oily.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
Dugdog47

Hmmm, ground carp burgers sounds pretty good!!!

I just fry up the fillets, and pick out the bones. After 30 years of eating those rich, deliscious fillets it becomes second nature!!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Knew a German family that pressure cooked them, in oil, in #10 (gallon) cans.
They also used some great spices in the mix.
No worry about bones, they were soft like sardine bones.
I pigged out on a can of that stuff once.
Have to admit, it was REALLY good, better than sardines, by a bunch.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Dugdog47

Canned carp has gotta be good!! I always thought about trying to can it, but I don't really can stuff. Thanx, 10 Bears, I'm gonna try it!!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #14
TBob

Ate a lot of carp, still do from good water. Can it up like salmon, and make patties out of them. Had a friend come over who refused to eat carp, served him up some "salmon patties"...he said they were great and to teach him how to make them. I got as far as saying "first you catch the carp..." before he freaked out.
Seasonings make all the difference.
TBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
CitizenSoldierIII

I use to sell all of my carp to the niqqers fishing on the shore until this lovely Chinese Lady took me home and cooked the carp I caught. Damn good eatin' if they're from clean water.
CitizenSoldierIII is offline   Reply With Quote