Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Default Thinking about getting another .45 auto.

About 3 years ago I bought a Glock G21 and hated it. Just didn't feel right to me and trying to get a good working reload put together for it was a real pain in the ass.

After about 6-7 months and it was well broken in and I had made it bit more "user friendly" for me, I really liked it.
A lot.
In fact, I liked it so much I went and bought another one.

Jump to last week.
A guy I know comes by with a Taurus that had that 1911 style.
I fell in love with it - except for the single stack mag.

Any 1911 type looking handguns you guys recommend I look for that won't cost a fortune?
I would love to have a surplus 1911 but chances are I'd have to hock my balls to afford it.

What say ye of the Bunker?
Old 08-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #2
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter 14 View Post
Any 1911 type looking handguns you guys recommend I look for that won't cost a fortune?
I know you haven't been here long, but when I buy toys, I outfit three people; myself and two grandsons.
A while back I picked up three RIAs, 2 in .45 and a full-size 9mm. Fit was fine and finish was better than expected. Out of the box, all three ran like someone at the factory had put 500 rounds through them. Not a hic-cup.
All for just a little more than $1000. For all three.
Now, it's not that I'm cheap. I have a 70 Series Combat Commander in 9mm and several other 'better' pieces of iron. But as I live down here on the 26th parallel, I ain't tucking any of them into my waistband. And my guys ain't getting them 'til I've been pounded back into dust.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #3
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

RIA?
I had forgotten all about them.

1000 bucks for 3 pistolas is decent and, I was trying to avoid going to Taurus route.

Gracias.
Shooter 14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Shooter remember you can never ever have enough .45s more is better.
Second most powerful handgun in the world only to the .44 mag they will stop a freight train if hit correctly.
RIA I have never heard a bad report on them? I think their manufactured in the Philippines yes no?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/roc...2-tone-45-acp/

After our U.S. Army killed a bunch of their Moros with them and during WWII we gave the Philippine resistance a bunch of them to kill Japs they fell in love with the .45s.
Now they make real nice weapons at a super decent price.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #5
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

4thID- I was looking online. Seems to be a decent piece of hardware for a really decent price.
The 45 is one of those calibers that I never really considered until I owned one and after getting my G21 to settle down I really began liking it to the point where I orphaned all my 9mm guns.
40 S&W is my carry pistol but for fun in the sun or woods hiking, it's the 45.

Looking like the RIA is next on the list.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #6
baboon
slug

When I went to replace my stolen Colt 1911 series 70 my dad bought for me before I could, I decided to go big or not go. Les Baer SRP wasn't cheap, but I'll never need another 1911.
the 1 1/2 upgrade makes it a great shooter.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Curse the series 80 they needed another safety on the damn weapon like a hole in the head. I am pulling it out of my Colt New Agent and have to go through hoops to get it out of the damn Kimber.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
When I went to replace my stolen Colt 1911 series 70 my dad bought for me before I could, I decided to go big or not go. Les Baer SRP wasn't cheap, but I'll never need another 1911.
the 1 1/2 upgrade makes it a great shooter.
I looked at Les Baer.

Briefly.
Very briefly. ->$$$$$$<-

My 'ol lady already mentioned if I buy another pistol, it's going to be very hard to pull the trigger where she intends to shove it.
Something about not shooting the other 42 handguns I have or some such shit.

What the fuck does she know. If she was so fucken smart she wouldn't have married me.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter 14 View Post

What the fuck does she know. If she was so fucken smart she wouldn't have married me.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #10
baboon
slug

My wife has never once question me buying anything. She is smart enough to figure I will die before her & she will make a killing on my things that make me happy.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:38 AM   #11
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
she will make a killing on my things that make me happy.
Tru dat homie. If I liquidated, I could buy a house half again the size of the one I have, and still keep most of my sidearms.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

The Para Ordnance p-14 gives you a 1911 double stacker with 14 + 1. That's a lot of 45 caliber fun.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #13
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

Looks like the Para Ordinance P-14 has quite a few benefits going for it.

Looks nice
Carries 14 in the mag
No doubt your arm and hand gets a good workout from a day of shooting.

If only it wasn't quite so pricey. Still looking at the RIA. I wish I could find one locally so I could fondle it a bit.
Problem with fondling them, I want every one of them to come home with me.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
remus

I have a colt, an Essex frame built gun, a high dollar Kimber that I keep a .22 conversion on, and a RIA 1911-a1 in 9mm. I like the RIA the best.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
Shooter 14
Miserable Bastard

I notice most 1911 style handguns have a back strap safety thingie that releases when the grip is squeezed.

Is this more or less the way they all are?

First time I noticed one was on my son in law's Kimber - nice pistol but I damn sure wouldn't pay that kind of money and then be afraid to get it scratched or dirty.

(sorry to say, my son in law is the biggest pussy whipped ass wipe I've ever met in my life. I'm surprised his cunt 'ol lady even let him have a gun. I think he has to ask "how many sheets of paper can I use to wipe my ass, pookums? Sometimes I think he's a half a faggot)