Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Sanders

Default XD-E™ 3.3″ Single Stack .45ACP

I'm going to have to go see if I can handle one of these at the gun store. If it feels good in my paw, I've been known to make impulse purchases. I'm just not a fan of the fiber optic front sights. I'd have to replace it right away with a Trijicon tritium night sight.

Quote:
Like its 9mm sibling, the new .45 model sculpts XD-E “point and shoot®” ergonomics into a sleek 1-inch wide polymer frame to eliminate printing, with a 3.3” Melonite-treated barrel for ideal concealability.

The Low Effort Slide (L.E.S.) requires 27% less effort to manipulate compared to striker-fired handguns in the same class. Chambering a round has never been easier thanks to the patent-pending hammer design. The result is far fewer slipped pulls, and easier operation for possibly life-saving operation when it counts. Active grip texturing engages every part of the operator’s hand, with three different surface grains to provide secure control of the weapon and a uniquely comfortable fit.

For customers who are hesitant to carry a striker-fired pistol in their waistband or handbag, the XD-E offers an undeniable set of safety features that will give new shooters the confidence to carry concealed. The visible external hammer allows you to both see and feel gun mode for added safety and confidence, and the loaded chamber indicator provides the ability to both see and feel if a round is chambered. The double action trigger has a smooth, yet long and intentional trigger pull giving shooters a sense of comfort while carrying on the go, while the follow up shots from the single action trigger are light, crisp and accurate.

An ambidextrous thumb safety/decocker and magazine release is designed for both left and right-handed shooters in mind and various options for mode of carry. Active grip texturing engages every part of the operator’s hand, with three different surface grains to provide secure control of the weapon, and the confidence of a sure grip.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr..._hsmi=58922216

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
Mike Minihan

Sanders,I bought this exact pistol 2 years ago. I like it s lot.
Mike Minihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

I like those XD-E's with a hammer.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #4
Railbuggy

My future son-in-law carries one also.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Those XD-E's just hit the market too, maybe the price will come down a tad on them? I really like that .45.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
Sanders

I hope one of the local stores has one I can handle.

The idea of an easier slide to cycle by hand is appealing for my father-in-law, too. It was because of the difficulty my mom had racking the slide on her Ruger P89 that I got her a revolver.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote